Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] (HOT) Koodo $39/9gb + $34/11gb add line (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 17th, 2020 5:59 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Dec 15, 2018
24 posts
60 upvotes

[Koodo] (HOT) Koodo $39/9gb + $34/11gb add line (YMMV)

Mod Edit: To prevent this thread from being locked, do not offer or ask for referrals. Do not suggest users PM you for more info. Infractions will be handed out.

OP Edit: guys, please dont ask for referral in this thread or it will be locked. Its a great deal! Lets keep it alive as long as it lasts. Mods watching us lol.

UPDATE
THANKS TO OrionTO
IT SEEMS NOW IT IS AVAILABLE TO ALL CARRIERS AND NOT JUST FREEDOM. IF SO, MASSIVE DEAL! WHICH MEANS YOU CAN PORT FROM ANY CARRIER to KOODO, NOT JUST FREEDOM
ENJOY GUYS.
However others are saying its not correct so YMMV again

Hello guys,

I recently visited one of the koodo branches in Scarborough, ON and noticed they had the usual deal everyone is having which is 50$/9gb.

However, they also had posters for Freedom from Freedom encouraging freedom customers to ask them about this deal. They get $$ off this deal which makes it to $39/9gb + add a line and the second line gets 5$ off + 2gb bonus making the second line $34/11gb.
All of this is valid for 24 months, the rep ensured that better deals come and go so not to worry about the 24 months.

The funny part is I wasn't with freedom, and let the rep know and mentioned I am ready to get 2 lines for me and my gf then and then. The rep agreed and did all the work less than an hour and i got the deal without being a freedom customer. I guess you gotta push the rep or go around him/her.

Plus,
The rep was able to somehow refer my gf with our email giving 5$ off for the next 5 months for both lines making it to $34/9gb and $29/11gb for the first 5 months and waived the $40 activation fee as well!

Its a greal deal! Happy hunting Money Bag
Last edited by Loveyounadeem on Sep 29th, 2020 5:03 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Thread Summary
Edited
Koodo $39/9gb + $34/11gb deal even for non freedom customers.
Plus, referral (25$ split in 5 months - 5$ per month) makes it to $35/9gb + $30/11gb for first 5 months!
The plan includes ld minutes 1000 to 8 countries. See website for details.
Deal is the extra credit applied to the 50$ plan which is valid for 24 months. Within that time more deals will come so dont worry!
$40 activation fee was also waived!
Deal is still alive! (As of sept 26)
VIRGIN AND FIDO ARE MATCHING THIS DEAL AS WELL. But i am not sure if you can port from non-freedom carrier. If you are with freedom, you can get this same deal with them as well! Cheers
440 replies
Jul 3, 2014
49 posts
15 upvotes
Abbotsford, BC
Where did you do this at?
Jan 1, 2020
36 posts
49 upvotes
Any deals on devices? I would have jumped on this fast if the S20 was still 0 upfront.
Apr 1, 2007
421 posts
191 upvotes
Toronto
produceprincess wrote: Any deals on devices? I would have jumped on this fast if the S20 was still 0 upfront.
I assume this is tab eligible since the original plan is $50. Waiting for OP to confirm.
Aug 4, 2019
7 posts
1 upvote
So is this deal no contract? I might try to look for a better one during Black Friday.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2005
1027 posts
829 upvotes
Markham, ON
Went to Walmart in Markham east (Copper Creek) and they indicated Koodo offering $10/mo for 24 months for anyone porting in from FreedomMobile off current plans for new customers.
FIDO, Koodo, Public Mobile, TELUS customer.
May 11, 2018
57 posts
27 upvotes
Does this come with unlimited nation wide talk/text & caller ID?

I've been out of the cellphone plan game for a decade (been on Freedom's HMP for >10 years), so I'm not sure if that sort of stuff is just standard now?
Banned
Apr 4, 2020
107 posts
278 upvotes
It took me so long to realize most of these deals and yous have multiple lines. I’m never the targeted audience of these deals
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2006
1251 posts
360 upvotes
Toronto
Posted this before: Koodo kiosk in Sherway today, ported a Freedom line over to my existing Koodo account, and got $50 4GB+5GB plan, 1000 LD mins (both of which are permanent and reset every month), plus all the usual stuff (Canada calling, International text, voicemail, call wait/fwd/display). Unfortunately LD excludes Japan and Korea :\

Credits include:
$10 Freedom port-in (x24 mths)
$10 referral (x5 mths)
$40 activation
Aug 24, 2018
540 posts
556 upvotes
Langley BC
This is in BC as well. I posted about it on Friday but it didn't get much traction and was buried. The rep I talked to said that today Sunday will be the last day (not sure if this is true or not).
Images
  • 20200918_170630.jpg
  • Screenshot_20200918-170507_Facebook.jpg
Koodo $35 5 Gig deal (x2)