Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] (HOT) Koodo $39/9gb + $34/11gb add line (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 21st, 2020 12:36 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2019
1008 posts
454 upvotes
Fathamsta wrote: i can confirm prepaid Freedom works.

i just finished porting from the metrotown, vancouver bc store.

ported from bell to prepaid freedom. waited 1 day then ported to koodo
Why did you wait a day? With Freedom's text only prepaid you're effectively unreachable should anyone try calling your cell number.
Sep 24, 2020
10 posts
1 upvote
Last night I went to Walmart and switched from Telus to Freedom post paid plan. The sales guy took my ID and CC, but told me its just a soft credit check and it wont affect my credit. Was I lied to?
Jul 21, 2018
35 posts
6 upvotes
Freedom store told me they still need to have my information in the system however I'm not sure whether they meant to perform a soft credit check!

It is a good deal promoted by Koodo but the hustle is a bit challenging especially if Koodo may decide to not proceed with pre-paid customer.
Ash006 wrote: Last night I went to Walmart and switched from Telus to Freedom post paid plan. The sales guy took my ID and CC, but told me its just a soft credit check and it wont affect my credit. Was I lied to?
Nov 5, 2008
53 posts
29 upvotes
Hi - which Freedom plan are people porting over to before they go to Koodo? I think the cheapest one I saw was $14 prepaid + $10... is there a lower cost alternative? Thanks
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2019
1008 posts
454 upvotes
knc06 wrote: Hi - which Freedom plan are people porting over to before they go to Koodo? I think the cheapest one I saw was $14 prepaid + $10... is there a lower cost alternative? Thanks
It might depend on where you are (province), but that's the one I had to buy.
theblues wrote: Freedom store told me they still need to have my information in the system however I'm not sure whether they meant to perform a soft credit check!
It's just so they can have your correct name and details. No credit check is done.
Aug 13, 2019
27 posts
17 upvotes
I'm getting confused by all those mobile deal threads. I'm currently with Fido(previously with freedom and bell before that), is there any good deal for me(except for those available on their website)?
Oct 16, 2011
291 posts
178 upvotes
I’m on the $35/5GB plan from 2018, never thought I’d see the day when it got surpassed. But this deal is even better, if you have two lines.

This deal is also way easier to get, since you don’t have to be signed up with Freedom ahead of time, you can literally just sign up right now.

The only issue is that it looks like this deal will go back up to $50 after two years. Definitely worth it though for the vast majority of people.

I can confirm that the 2018 deal did not go up in price after two years, however that was its own separate plan in itself, whereas this deal is a $50 plan with a discount applied for two years.
Feb 14, 2019
971 posts
944 upvotes
darklightness wrote: I'm getting confused by all those mobile deal threads. I'm currently with Fido(previously with freedom and bell before that), is there any good deal for me(except for those available on their website)?
Depends on the price you want to pay, how much data you need or whether 5G is important to you. Then you can decide which plan to go for. I personally went for the Telus $45/25gb deal for 2 lines which brought it down to $40 each. Good price, lots of data and 5G available.
Oct 13, 2008
710 posts
402 upvotes
Mississauga
Came back from Walmart was told they only did Postpaid Freedom plans since they did not have the vouchers for prepaid service. Went to the TMS store he said he could do prepaid, no Sim fee or activation fee.
Oct 6, 2016
240 posts
77 upvotes
Burnaby
In the koodo account it still shows the $50/9gb plan btw.
May 29, 2017
436 posts
178 upvotes
Canada
Koodo called today to offer the add a line for $45/11GB lol ($50-$5/month for 24 months)...I happily declined.

They did not offer any discount on a phone so I said, there is no point, there are way better offers in the market than you guys.
Oct 10, 2019
12 posts
2 upvotes
Just adding my experience with this. I got this deal today, i am with freedom currently, and my girlfriend is with another provider from a province far away (im in the GTA). Anyways, she needed a new number anyways, so she signed up for the freedom $9 plan. It came up to $22 with tax all in for the $10 fee plus the $9 plan. We did this a day apart - not for any reason, just... thats how the timing worked. Went into Koodo today and easily transferred both my account and her account on this deal. As noted, $39/9 and $34/11, plus we get $50 bill credits. Overall smooth and easy. I will say that the post 2 above is right, the account still shows the 50/9gb, but the system will alter that. Also, people complaining about how this only lasts for 2 years... you're not on a contract... if there are better deals in the future just switch? Black Friday is soon I'm sure there will be some decent plans.
Dec 24, 2011
332 posts
136 upvotes
New Westminster
Pyro wrote: Another dumb question - if I set up my main line as the 9gb first, can I switch the two phone #s I add in so my main line becomes the 11 gb?

What happens if you cancel the 9gb line after?
Been wondering this myself. Port in a Shaw Mobile $0 for $39/mo then port in the two important lines (both get $5 off and 11GB) then cancel the first "burner" line. Anyone try this?
May 11, 2018
63 posts
28 upvotes
blueworm123 wrote: Been wondering this myself. Port in a Shaw Mobile $0 for $39/mo then port in the two important lines (both get $5 off and 11GB) then cancel the first "burner" line. Anyone try this?
Wondering the same thing. Planning to try it today.
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2012
1130 posts
624 upvotes
Burlington
Would the $10 credit prevent you from getting a tab upgrade requiring $45/month? Not sure if they use the base amount of $50 for this purpose, and I will be needing a new phone soon.