Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] (HOT) Koodo $39/9gb + $34/11gb add line (YMMV)

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 21st, 2020 12:36 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2011
1117 posts
203 upvotes
YYZ
headleygrange wrote: Sorry to ask if already asked - is there any way existing koodo customers get this deal? I’m currently on 40$ 6gb plan with more than 1 year left on the tab.
good luck with that, I was told that i'm SOL. I even told them that I will port a new line to them and they said no
Newbie
Jun 27, 2017
17 posts
26 upvotes
I ported 2 lines out of Koodo yesterday to Freedom (half way through).
I will be visiting Koodo today to re-join.
Fingers crossed.
Will update if I get all the way through or get screwed up Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes

Update:
Ported back to Koodo, got the deal.
Waiting for the porting to complete.
Did not get any text from Freedom even after 2hrs (as I type).
Let's see how long I have to wait for this.

One thing I noticed on my 1 day with Freedom is that data speed is slower than Koodo, but the network in basement of apartments was better.

Update 2:
Done & dusted.
Last edited by Harisrocks on Sep 30th, 2020 11:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
May 10, 2006
1198 posts
414 upvotes
Toronto
Did anyone get this deal coming from Rogers?
Home Phone: $0 since 2016 - Obi200/FPL with Google Voice (free call Can/US)
Newbie
Sep 25, 2017
9 posts
1 upvote
DrSamB wrote: I ported 3 lines to Koodo.
If cancel the first one (the one that doesn't have the -5$/+2gb), will one of the remaining numbers lose their add-on bonus?

And if that's the case, is there anyway to direct which one gets 9gb vs 11gb?
Sorry, clicked the wrong reply button. Did anyone answer this? What happens when you cancel the $39 line? Do you lose the 2GB and $5 discount on another line?
Sr. Member
May 24, 2017
751 posts
495 upvotes
GTA
NotJoPapa wrote: I was in the same boat. They didn’t budge over the phone, so I ended going to the Markville location. They didn’t move on the primary line either, but did give the deal for the ported number. I got the 2nd line for $35/month with 11GB and then the extra referral $5 for 5 months.

Luckily my primary line was the PM to Koodo port $35/5GB and the $15/10GB add on when they did it back in the day. So with the referrals and everything, my plans are $45/15GB and $30/11GB for 5 months, then back to $50/15GB and $35/11GB for the remaining 19 months. It didn’t work out as nice as OPs deal, but not bad at all.
Did you try to refer the second line using your first line for both lines getting $25 credit? Would that even work ? :)
Member
Feb 2, 2008
380 posts
25 upvotes
Toronto
For those that got this deal, do we know when the credits will start appearing? Is it the first bill? I don't see anything on my online account reflecting the credits although my representative did write it down physically on the contract that was drafted.

Also, my rep mentioned he $40 will be waived after 2 or 3 months - does that I mean I just reach out to Koodo and ask them to credit my account after my bill?

Thanks in advance for any insight
Sr. Member
May 24, 2017
751 posts
495 upvotes
GTA
alee23 wrote: For those that got this deal, do we know when the credits will start appearing? Is it the first bill? I don't see anything on my online account reflecting the credits although my representative did write it down physically on the contract that was drafted.

Also, my rep mentioned he $40 will be waived after 2 or 3 months - does that I mean I just reach out to Koodo and ask them to credit my account after my bill?

Thanks in advance for any insight
Credit should automatically appear by third bill. Its their way of ensuring you stay for at least 3 months. If it doesn't automatically appear, then contact them.
Member
Dec 25, 2007
423 posts
261 upvotes
CALGARY
CrabtreeNut wrote: Anyone had any luck in the Vancouver/Richmond area?
I have. No luck in Vancouver but I had to go all the way to Richmond Center and got 2 lines done in under 30 minutes.

I think Pacific Center is supposed to offer it as well but last time I had to line up for 30+ minutes to even talk to the rep.
Deal Addict
May 10, 2006
1198 posts
414 upvotes
Toronto
die4you wrote: i did.
Do you live in the GTA? Which store? I tried calling the closest Koodo store and they only give it to Freedom customers.
Home Phone: $0 since 2016 - Obi200/FPL with Google Voice (free call Can/US)
Member
Apr 26, 2010
246 posts
137 upvotes
Vancouver
sneek wrote: I have. No luck in Vancouver but I had to go all the way to Richmond Center and got 2 lines done in under 30 minutes.

I think Pacific Center is supposed to offer it as well but last time I had to line up for 30+ minutes to even talk to the rep.
Which kiosk at Richmond Center?
Deal Addict
May 10, 2006
1198 posts
414 upvotes
Toronto
Is this possible?

Get a prepaid plan from Freedom
Go to Koodo store and get the $39/9GB plan using Freedom
Port my current Rogers number to this plan
Home Phone: $0 since 2016 - Obi200/FPL with Google Voice (free call Can/US)
Jr. Member
Sep 19, 2007
188 posts
101 upvotes
A previous poster on RFD had posted this deal being offered at Future Gen Comm in Vancouver so I went there.

They ported me to Freedom then to koodo, and comped the Freedom port costs.
Sr. Member
May 24, 2017
751 posts
495 upvotes
GTA
jigsatics wrote: Do you live in the GTA? Which store? I tried calling the closest Koodo store and they only give it to Freedom customers.
Try kiosk at Markville mall near food court.
Newbie
Apr 14, 2015
40 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto, ON
The rep informed me the deal is now available to all carriers. No need to port over from Freedom.

Just signed up and ported over from Zoomer @ Koodo SQ1
Newbie
Sep 21, 2013
6 posts
Went to the mall and everyone is saying freedom/Shaw port only
Member
Sep 12, 2018
296 posts
178 upvotes
headleygrange wrote: Sorry to ask if already asked - is there any way existing koodo customers get this deal? I’m currently on 40$ 6gb plan with more than 1 year left on the tab.
There is, you just have to pay the tab and phone credit balance.
Koodo - $35/5GB
Zoomer - $40/6GB
Telus - 2x $40/25GB

Top