Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] (HOT) Koodo $39/9gb + $34/11gb add line (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 21st, 2020 12:36 pm
Tags:
Jun 19, 2010
187 posts
156 upvotes
Richmond Hill
bestknightmare wrote: Other locations.?
Tax extra?
Do you know any cellphone plans that don't charge tax ?
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2012
1138 posts
899 upvotes
Surrey
DonM28020 wrote: This is in BC as well. I posted about it on Friday but it didn't get much traction and was buried. The rep I talked to said that today Sunday will be the last day (not sure if this is true or not).
Thanks for posting the locations. So even if I’m not with freedom I can get this right?
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2005
1091 posts
28 upvotes
Has anyone been able to get this deal? I've called both Koodo places near me and they only have the 50$ 9gb plan
Aug 24, 2018
602 posts
818 upvotes
Langley BC
henrik112 wrote: Thanks for posting the locations. So even if I’m not with freedom I can get this right?
From my talk with the rep I would need to be porting from either shaw or freedom. You could just start a new line with freedom and then just port that line over to koodo. Once everything is set up and good bring your number over to your new plan. Your freedom bill will be (your monthly plan)/30 so as long as you only have freedom for a short period of time it should be only like $1.
Koodo $35 5 Gig deal (x2)
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
5329 posts
1256 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
Loveyounadeem wrote: Hello guys,

I recently visited one of the koodo branches in Scarborough, ON and noticed they had the usual deal everyone is having which is 50$/9gb.

However, they also had posters for Freedom from Freedom encouraging freedom customers to ask them about this deal. They get $$ off this deal which makes it to $39/9gb + add a line and the second line gets 5$ off + 2gb bonus making the second line $35/11gb.
All of this is valid for 24 months, the rep ensured that better deals come and go so not to worry about the 24 months.

The funny part is I wasn't with freedom, and let the rep know and mentioned I am ready to get 2 lines for me and my gf then and then. The rep agreed and did all the work less than an hour and i got the deal without being a freedom customer. I guess you gotta push the rep or go around him/her.

Plus,
The rep was able to somehow refer my gf with our email giving 5$ off for the next 5 months for both lines making it to $35/9gb and $30/11gb for the first 5 months and waived the $40 activation fee as well!

Its a greal deal! Happy hunting Money Bag
With Phone?

Freedom Mobile F&F

Feb 29, 2012
368 posts
117 upvotes
JJackJi wrote: Do you know any cellphone plans that don't charge tax ?
Some plans *include* tax in the plan price (i.e. AB 911 fee) but do charge GST on the topup vouchers
(I know someone on chatr that has such an arrangement)
Dec 15, 2017
253 posts
230 upvotes
Calgary
I find these plans come up randomly at some locations once in a while. They are in-store specials and only for new customers.

I joined Koodo back in Feb 2019 when they had this Chinese New Year plan that was only available in their Chinese stores. Similar to this, it had a -$5/month promo for 24 months.
Telus EPP: 20GB/$50
"Retail is for suckers" - Cosmo Kramer
Nov 25, 2013
88 posts
80 upvotes
Markham
Loveyounadeem wrote: Hello guys,

I recently visited one of the koodo branches in Scarborough, ON and noticed they had the usual deal everyone is having which is 50$/9gb.

However, they also had posters for Freedom from Freedom encouraging freedom customers to ask them about this deal. They get $$ off this deal which makes it to $39/9gb + add a line and the second line gets 5$ off + 2gb bonus making the second line $35/11gb.
All of this is valid for 24 months, the rep ensured that better deals come and go so not to worry about the 24 months.

The funny part is I wasn't with freedom, and let the rep know and mentioned I am ready to get 2 lines for me and my gf then and then. The rep agreed and did all the work less than an hour and i got the deal without being a freedom customer. I guess you gotta push the rep or go around him/her.

Plus,
The rep was able to somehow refer my gf with our email giving 5$ off for the next 5 months for both lines making it to $35/9gb and $30/11gb for the first 5 months and waived the $40 activation fee as well!

Its a greal deal! Happy hunting Money Bag
OP, can you provide location on which mall this is at? I may go visit it today as well.

Thanks!
Aug 1, 2016
271 posts
419 upvotes
FYI Ive been with koodo since 2018, been in their $40/8GB plan and I got a text from them offering me the same thing.

$10 off the $50/9GB plan, but only when I buy a new phone with them on a tab.
Jan 8, 2020
157 posts
57 upvotes
Recently ported Koodo from Freedom at the the beginning of this month for 50$/9gb and now I missed this. Talked to rep buy they say it is for customers porting after September 17. I think I will go back to Shaw or freedom again .
Aug 24, 2018
602 posts
818 upvotes
Langley BC
akkasoglu wrote: Recently ported Koodo from Freedom at the the beginning of this month for 50$/9gb and now I missed this. Talked to rep buy they say it is for customers porting after September 17. I think I will go back to Shaw or freedom again .
it sure would be nice if companies tried as hard to keep their current customers as they do to gain new ones
Koodo $35 5 Gig deal (x2)
Deal Fanatic
May 5, 2007
5483 posts
1221 upvotes
Kaminakun wrote: OP, can you provide location on which mall this is at? I may go visit it today as well.

Thanks!
Sounds like OP is too afraid to let us know which mall/location lol.

I'm in Scarborough and off the top of my head there's at least 4 malls within a couple km's from me - Agincourt, Parkway, STC, woodside...all have Koodo kiosks. Would be nice to know location OP got their deal at.
Sep 30, 2016
7 posts
Just at the Markville Mall Koodo booth. Deal is still happening