Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] (HOT) Koodo $39/9gb + $34/11gb add line (YMMV)

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 21st, 2020 12:36 pm
Tags:
Jr. Member
Sep 2, 2018
118 posts
94 upvotes
This is still available. Did a Freedom prepaid to Koodo Migration today. As per the rep, its also available for Fido.
Member
Jul 22, 2020
307 posts
36 upvotes
Matrix07 wrote: This is still available. Did a Freedom prepaid to Koodo Migration today. As per the rep, its also available for Fido.
What's included in the plan? Thinking Face
Any freebies like 1000 LD minutes

Is it BYOD?


Do you have to request-a-callback/online-chat or just port using koodo online?
Jr. Member
Sep 2, 2018
118 posts
94 upvotes
GreenLean wrote: What's included in the plan? Thinking Face
Any freebies like 1000 LD minutes

Is it BYOD?


Do you have to request-a-callback/online-chat or just port using koodo online?
It was advertised by both Fido and Koodo booths at SQ1 mall. $39 9GB with 1000LD minutes. Has to be a port from freedom. Went there at Wow mobile and got it done. Second line was 34 with 11 GB . Fido also has a tablet offer and additional data with additional line. I wanted to be with Koodo so took Koodo. Else both Fido and Koodo has the same offer, with Fido beating Koodo offer on second line.
Member
Jul 22, 2020
307 posts
36 upvotes
Matrix07 wrote: It was advertised by both Fido and Koodo booths at SQ1 mall. $39 9GB with 1000LD minutes. Has to be a port from freedom. Went there at Wow mobile and got it done. Second line was 34 with 11 GB . Fido also has a tablet offer and additional data with additional line. I wanted to be with Koodo so took Koodo. Else both Fido and Koodo has the same offer, with Fido beating Koodo offer on second line.
Does the koodo 1000 LD mins include the US?
Sr. Member
Aug 7, 2019
816 posts
281 upvotes
NavieM wrote: Koodo also has $20 unl talk/text for freedom customers that you can do “tab basic” with.

Also compatible with the 1000 int minutes
Any success stories of getting this applied via loyalty/FB Messenger?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 20, 2012
1670 posts
917 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
So I just checked my bill and the $50 plan is still $50. The discount didn’t come off....
Newbie
Jan 3, 2013
5 posts
1 upvote
Surrey
Hi just got my October bill. Discounts were missing even though they were on my September bill. After a looooong call with Koodo, they found the discounts were applied to my temporary numbers and not my ported numbers.

They have fixed it now.

When I asked how they "fixed" it, they said they will just give me one more month at the end of my 24-month agreement at the discounted rate. Are you kidding me! I have to wait 24 months to get my overbilled charges back and ONLY if I stay with Koodo the whole time AND buy one more month with them! I was not happy. Asked for a supervisor who quickly applied a credit to my next bill so I will see two credits on the November bill.

I asked if they had any compensation for their mistake, and all they would offer was a discount off a phone (and it wasn't much of a deal). At least with Telus, they would give me a credit on my next bill for my inconvenience as a way of owning their mistake.

Not a good start KOODO! I hope this is the only mistake they make.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Nov 28, 2008
720 posts
47 upvotes
YMM/YEG
canadeal wrote: Hi just got my October bill. Discounts were missing even though they were on my September bill. After a looooong call with Koodo, they found the discounts were applied to my temporary numbers and not my ported numbers.

They have fixed it now.

When I asked how they "fixed" it, they said they will just give me one more month at the end of my 24-month agreement at the discounted rate. Are you kidding me! I have to wait 24 months to get my overbilled charges back and ONLY if I stay with Koodo the whole time AND buy one more month with them! I was not happy. Asked for a supervisor who quickly applied a credit to my next bill so I will see two credits on the November bill.

I asked if they had any compensation for their mistake, and all they would offer was a discount off a phone (and it wasn't much of a deal). At least with Telus, they would give me a credit on my next bill for my inconvenience as a way of owning their mistake.

Not a good start KOODO! I hope this is the only mistake they make.
I am on call now for missing discounts too. Let's see how much I have to fight with them. The first thing agent said they didn't have any promo like that.

Update: Reps over the phone were not helpful. They kept telling me that there was no plan like that. Even the supervisor who was apparently from the loyalty department said the same thing. I had to go to the physical store and talk to the agent who signed me up. He had to wait almost an hour over the phone to get it fixed too. Koodo's customer service has become so terrible.
Proud RFDer
PSN: ShaniSPG

Top