Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] (HOT) Koodo $39/9gb + $34/11gb add line (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 21st, 2020 12:36 pm
Tags:
Aug 14, 2019
927 posts
428 upvotes
deaner835 wrote: Works in BC too, I'm currently switching from freedom right now in store. Funnily enough I just got the free 10gb bonus text this week from freedom but i have no need for 18gb of data right now since I'm working from home due to COVID and barely going out.
Can you post a screenshot? When I called Koodo they knew nothing of this plan.
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
13603 posts
5136 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Is the $11 discount (to get it from $50 to $39/mo.) only available through a Koodo store location? I called into Koodo and they said they are not aware of this promotion.
Oct 29, 2018
65 posts
67 upvotes
Kaminakun wrote: So I just asked a rep at Markville. He said this porting deal is available for any non-Telus owned brands. I.e not valid for Public Mobile customers. All others are okay!
If this is true, Fido and Virgin would probably match promotion soon for existing Koodo/Public users.

It's another round of customer shuffling.
Oct 17, 2010
637 posts
298 upvotes
Terrace
I'm currently with koodo. if i go to freedom today and go to a koodo kiosk tmr would that work?
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
13603 posts
5136 upvotes
Toronto, ON
d1ulove3 wrote: Port to Freedom then port to koodo.
How soon can I port out to Freedom? I ported into Koodo only 2 weeks ago.
Oct 9, 2013
306 posts
55 upvotes
Calgary
Tobsterboi wrote: I'm currently with koodo. if i go to freedom today and go to a koodo kiosk tmr would that work?
Yes.. but u might get koodo / telus winback 45 for 25 gigs
Feb 14, 2012
926 posts
599 upvotes
Toronto
BuildBuyBreed wrote: Posted this before: Koodo kiosk in Sherway today, ported a Freedom line over to my existing Koodo account, and got $50 4GB+5GB plan, 1000 LD mins (both of which are permanent and reset every month), plus all the usual stuff (Canada calling, International text, voicemail, call wait/fwd/display). Unfortunately LD excludes Japan and Korea :\

Credits include:
$10 Freedom port-in (x24 mths)
$10 referral (x5 mths)
$40 activation

Wifes line is currently about 8 months into her 24m term..., are they willing to take over a line that is currently under a term?
Apr 19, 2017
32 posts
74 upvotes
sheyenne wrote: Can you post a screenshot? When I called Koodo they knew nothing of this plan.
I went into their store near me, rep there knew all about it. They had an issue with the deals stacking at first so they called their support line, but got it to work by refeshing the page a few times. The screen shot doesnt show the $11/month discount yet, but they wrote it on my physical invoice and assured me it will show up once it processes. They also made it clear the $11 off is only for 2yrs.
Images
  • upload.jpg
Aug 24, 2018
588 posts
814 upvotes
Langley BC
deaner835 wrote: I went into their store near me, rep there knew all about it. They had an issue with the deals stacking at first so they called their support line, but got it to work by refeshing the page a few times. The screen shot doesnt show the $11/month discount yet, but they wrote it on my physical invoice and assured me it will show up once it processes. They also made it clear the $11 off is only for 2yrs.
In 2 years I would hope that we will all have even better plans with more data so most likely it isn't a concern. If not I am sure there will be other good plans that come around.
Koodo $35 5 Gig deal (x2)
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2006
1865 posts
521 upvotes
I think it ends Sunday. Too bad everything close early today I couldn't make it in time
Feb 20, 2014
130 posts
44 upvotes
Ottawa
Any one knows if I can use a Samsung s10 from freedom( provided i unlock it) on Koodo?

Thanks
May 11, 2018
62 posts
28 upvotes
bestknightmare wrote: I think it ends Sunday. Too bad everything close early today I couldn't make it in time
We'll find out tomorrow.
Over the phone the rep send Sept 30th, which would make more sense.
Jul 19, 2018
466 posts
821 upvotes
MyNameWasTaken wrote: Koodo is wilding.
I remember having conversations about how thousands of people have left koodo once they changed the policy last august. No one believed it.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2006
1865 posts
521 upvotes
is there a difference on Walmart koodo kiosk or need to be corporate store?
Oct 9, 2013
306 posts
55 upvotes
Calgary
bestknightmare wrote: is there a difference on Walmart koodo kiosk or need to be corporate store?
Corporate store only