Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Koodo

(HOT) Koodo $39/9gb + $34/11gb add line (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 21st, 2020 12:36 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2012
1232 posts
732 upvotes
Victoria
Would the $10 credit prevent you from getting a tab upgrade requiring $45/month? Not sure if they use the base amount of $50 for this purpose, and I will be needing a new phone soon.
Jul 12, 2008
210 posts
130 upvotes
Current Koodo customer with a tab balance and a tab bonus balance here. Is there anyway to get on this plan without having to pay off the tab bonus? I don’t mind paying off my tab but the tab bonus is much larger.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2019
1714 posts
2238 upvotes
Toronto
mwahahaa wrote: Would the $10 credit prevent you from getting a tab upgrade requiring $45/month? Not sure if they use the base amount of $50 for this purpose, and I will be needing a new phone soon.
They use the base plan.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2019
1714 posts
2238 upvotes
Toronto
visualpurple wrote: Current Koodo customer with a tab balance and a tab bonus balance here. Is there anyway to get on this plan without having to pay off the tab bonus? I don’t mind paying off my tab but the tab bonus is much larger.
No, if you port out to Freedom and back you'll have to pay it all off. That's the price you pay for getting a subsidized phone.
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2012
1232 posts
732 upvotes
Victoria
Majokito wrote: They use the base plan.
That's good, then I would consider it another $120 off the phone I plan to get on my $45/6GB plan, in addition to the $120 tab credit.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2019
1714 posts
2238 upvotes
Toronto
mwahahaa wrote: That's good, then I would consider it another $120 off the phone I plan to get on my $45/6GB plan, in addition to the $120 tab credit.
Before I switched to the Telus winback plan, I recently called Koodo to see what they could do for my plan. They offered $45/7GB, I already had $10 off per month bringing it to $35 and when I asked about a phone credit they said they'd give me an extra $150 off any phone I bought within 10 days. I wasn't looking to upgrade at the time, but contact them before you buy anything since they usually give additional credits.
Feb 16, 2018
137 posts
55 upvotes
I have a line with Koodo and another 2 lines with Others (Virgin & Public). Can I get $35 11GB?

2 years back.. Koodo Customer. Live in GTA

Which location offers or Can I call call Customer care?
Last edited by everbird on Sep 26th, 2020 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
May 12, 2009
468 posts
1016 upvotes
What are the chances of getting a HUP deal later (say around Black Friday) if I get this now as BYOD? I think plans will not get any better this year but phone deals are nothing to write home about right now... The person with the crystal ball in their possession please come forward and share the future with fellow RFDersSmiling Face With Open Mouth
Oct 16, 2011
579 posts
403 upvotes
horiah00 wrote: What are the chances of getting a HUP deal later (say around Black Friday) if I get this now as BYOD? I think plans will not get any better this year but phone deals are nothing to write home about right now... The person with the crystal ball in their possession please come forward and share the future with fellow RFDersSmiling Face With Open Mouth
The plans and HUP are separate from each other.

You can take advantage of any HUP promotions available to Koodo customers with this plan.

I am on a Koodo BYOD plan similar to this one and I have successfully upgraded my phone when there has been a promotion.
Last edited by SillyRabbit on Sep 26th, 2020 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
May 12, 2009
468 posts
1016 upvotes
SillyRabbit wrote: The plans and HUP are separate from each other.

You can take advantage of any HUP promotions available to Koodo customers with this plan.

However you will be limited to the Tab Small promotions.

I am on a Koodo BYOD plan similar to this one and I have successfully upgraded my phone on a Tab Small when there has been a promotion.
Doesn't this qualify for any Tab since the base plan is $50?
Oct 16, 2011
579 posts
403 upvotes
horiah00 wrote: Doesn't this qualify for any Tab since the base plan is $50?
Yes actually, you are correct.

Since this is a $50 base plan, it should be eligible for any of the tab offers. The larger tabs have better offers too, so that makes for an even better deal.
Mar 27, 2010
194 posts
26 upvotes
I see that this worked for some non-Freedom users as well, did anyone got this worked today being non-Freedom?

I am with Fido 15GB for $65 and looking to add a new line for my brother in-law. Fido earlier denied adding 9GB for $50 when I asked them (without any line) few days ago. Now, I am curious if they will add it along with the new line I am looking at.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
4401 posts
10674 upvotes
Koodo also has $20 unl talk/text for freedom customers that you can do “tab basic” with.

Also compatible with the 1000 int minutes
Public Mobile customer

$17.95 + 6.95 SAF
100 postal code wide minutes
unlimited texts
0GB data
Deal Addict
May 24, 2017
1840 posts
1485 upvotes
QuinteWest
NavieM wrote: Koodo also has $20 unl talk/text for freedom customers that you can do “tab basic” with.

Also compatible with the 1000 int minutes
When i was doing my freedom to koodo porting, they also offered a talk and text plan for $20 and they would even do it if coming from rogers. YMMV

Apparently there are unadvertised specials. They wont advertise but if you ask at corporate store, then they can mention the deals they have.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2007
6369 posts
6728 upvotes
Center of Canada
DannyH17 wrote: FYI Ive been with koodo since 2018, been in their $40/8GB plan and I got a text from them offering me the same thing.

$10 off the $50/9GB plan, but only when I buy a new phone with them on a tab.
Can you share how the message look ? I have 4 line, all $40/8 GB,but none of the line got it.
Bright side of RFD: Often find good deal
Dark side of RFD: Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
2106 posts
3926 upvotes
Surrey
I called the Koodo customer service line, and they didn't even notice there is a $39/9gb + $34/11gb add line plan available? do you guys go to the Koodo dealers?
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2005
1733 posts
1761 upvotes
Markham, ON
jaksdj22 wrote: I called the Koodo customer service line, and they didn't even notice there is a $39/9gb + $34/11gb add line plan available? do you guys go to the Koodo dealers?
It's for new customers (switching from Freedom Mobile) and it has to be done at the store, not over the phone.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
2106 posts
3926 upvotes
Surrey
at87on wrote: It's for new customers (switching from Freedom Mobile) and it has to be done at the store, not over the phone.
hmm.. the op also mentioned that this plan is available to non freedom too
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2012
1834 posts
4035 upvotes
NavieM wrote: Koodo also has $20 unl talk/text for freedom customers that you can do “tab basic” with.
I'm told you can do the 1st line as $20 t&t, and a 2nd would qualify for -$5/+2GB, eg. $34/11GB (the $20 can't be discounted). Both tab eligible.
Last edited by pjw918 on Sep 26th, 2020 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
2106 posts
3926 upvotes
Surrey
pjw918 wrote: I'm told you can do the 1st line as $20 t&t, and a 2nd would qualify for -$5/+2GB, eg. $34/11GB (the $20 can't be discounted). Tabs on both.
so non freedom cant get this deal?

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)