Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Hot! Pre-order LG Valvet + LG Buds + 200 Visa (read desc)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 12th, 2020 6:48 pm
Aug 12, 2010
607 posts
374 upvotes
Nikhilvoid wrote: Hmm, that's interesting. I didn't know about the Zoomer plan or the free phone and credits. I have a Koodo $40 6GB/month plan
Hey I would refer anyone to the zoomer $40.50 and say keep the P30 for 2 years and save the cash!
Zoomer $36 Plan Loyal
Nov 30, 2016
395 posts
332 upvotes
Grande Prairie, AB
Anyone know how this would compare with my P20 Pro?
Nov 22, 2007
827 posts
70 upvotes
Toronto
Jus to chime in on velvet,

Currently using the velvet (in Korea’s 5g network) as a tertiary phone lol, it’s not a bad phone they just priced it bad.
Quad doc is useless these days as most people use Bluetooth earphones anyways, OIS absence isn’t noticeable under regular use though visible in dark environments.

It’s definitely not a G or V series flagship phone but it’s not that bad.
Images
  • 3B6842C7-2920-4511-976F-98F71FC5B2B8.jpeg
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2009
2801 posts
946 upvotes
Lethbridge
Still surprised they're killing off the G-Series for a mid range budget phone...
Feb 19, 2011
188 posts
76 upvotes
Oshawa
Has anyone pulled the trigger on this? People on the thread were reporting that the phone was showing as unavailable yesterday
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
13169 posts
3498 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Pauly Boy wrote: Still surprised they're killing off the G-Series for a mid range budget phone...
Killing off the G Series? How so? Is the G Series getting discontinued?
Aug 8, 2008
69 posts
16 upvotes
BC
Comparable specs to Samsung A71, and this has 5G for future-proofing and bonus $200 visa GC. I think I'll bite.

FYI, for people getting the out of stock error at the end of check-out. I emailed Koodo webstore and they say this is just a website error, but the phone pre-order still available... Currently working on a fix. Try ordering again later today or tomorrow.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
3518 posts
1797 upvotes
Halifax
seafish wrote: Damn, would be a good phone for wifey who is still on LG G4 lol, but we have $35/5GB plan and it doesn't work with this deal Crying Face
I would call in. The $35/5GB plan is supposed to be tab mid.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
5148 posts
1418 upvotes
Toronto
The entire LG Product Naming Team needs to be fired!

Velvet? Nobody goes "i got the awesome new LG Velvet!"

Nor does anyone go "woah that's a sweet LG ThinQ!"
Nov 10, 2019
10 posts
2 upvotes
As a koodo mobile user for the past 5 years I always get excited when I see mention of new deals and offers for Koodo Mobile. But I am always left disappointed as the deals get worse with Koodo. They have made recent changes with 2 tier pay options for their phones. 1st you pay on the initial tab down payment for the phone with a monthly subscription cost. And then you now have to pay a tab bonus. Every time you compare the true value of a smartphone its always 30% cheaper than what is advertised on Koodo. It feels like Telus is trying to drain koodo customers to switch over to different subscribers.

When you look at this deal its nothing really that interesting. You pay your $15 tab monthly charge, plus $120 down. With a "Tab Plus" of $460. Which comes to $580 + $660 = $1240!
If I just do a price comparative, Bell is offering or listing this device as valued $750 CDN and other retailers are suggesting MSRP of $999.

Anyways just my observation no matter how wrong or right I might be.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2005
4113 posts
1003 upvotes
Pauly Boy wrote: Still surprised they're killing off the G-Series for a mid range budget phone...
Now, how are we going to get flagship phones at heavily discounted prices?
signature closed for renovation
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
2122 posts
2828 upvotes
BC
SearcherOfDeals wrote: As a koodo mobile user for the past 5 years I always get excited when I see mention of new deals and offers for Koodo Mobile. But I am always left disappointed as the deals get worse with Koodo. They have made recent changes with 2 tier pay options for their phones. 1st you pay on the initial tab down payment for the phone with a monthly subscription cost. And then you now have to pay a tab bonus. Every time you compare the true value of a smartphone its always 30% cheaper than what is advertised on Koodo. It feels like Telus is trying to drain koodo customers to switch over to different subscribers.

When you look at this deal its nothing really that interesting. You pay your $15 tab monthly charge, plus $120 down. With a "Tab Plus" of $460. Which comes to $580 + $660 = $1240!
If I just do a price comparative, Bell is offering or listing this device as valued $750 CDN and other retailers are suggesting MSRP of $999.

Anyways just my observation no matter how wrong or right I might be.
If you stay for the 2 years you don't have to pay the Tab plus of $460. If you cancel right after getting the phone you do.

The tab bonus is in the background and goes down by 1/24 a month
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2006
1009 posts
189 upvotes
GTA
Glad to see they are using words again for phones. Reminds me of the old LG Chocolate. Surprised there isnt a red one.

So there isnt a Quad DAC on this velvet? I had G6 previously and Still use a G7 regularly. This isnt the LG flagship right? To me that was the defining feature of the LG phones. Still prefer my wired headphones over wireless. Everyone else was bound to add on wide angle camera. every phone now has multiple focal lengths and zooms. but having a high quality DAC made them different.

The new android 10 update really does make it look and feel fresh. Been using it more than my pixel 3a lately. That said never had any issues with any LG phones other than gravity. Typing on a G7 right now too. The G8X looked cool but my G7 was still mint.
Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | Intel i7-4770K | 16GB Kingston HyperX Predator | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080 | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | LG GL83A-B| Schiit Modi 3 + Vali 2 & Senn HD600
Sep 25, 2007
147 posts
9 upvotes
Chilliwack
It says out of stock when trying to complete the order.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2012
6291 posts
4706 upvotes
Rogido wrote: Killing off the G Series? How so? Is the G Series getting discontinued?
They're renaming it but they're not "killing off" the high end, the Velvet exists because LG (and other manufacturers) found that the Snapdragon 865 was too expensive and required making the phone too big, essentially.