Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Hot! Pre-order LG Valvet + LG Buds + 200 Visa (read desc)

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 12th, 2020 6:48 pm
Member
User avatar
Feb 1, 2012
463 posts
142 upvotes
Montreal
Herrokitty23 wrote: this or s10 ?

debating which one to pick up as my contract is ending in couple of days.
I was debating this too and the reviews are not great.
But the price and the visa card make this deal solid..

I said, worst case I can change after a year.
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
13169 posts
3498 upvotes
VANCOUVER
KT2312 wrote: I was debating this too and the reviews are not great.
But the price and the visa card make this deal solid..

I said, worst case I can change after a year.
How so?
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
5148 posts
1418 upvotes
Toronto
mopex wrote: Sure. you'll be a complete idiot if you just say Velvet. But if you say Valvet, like in the thread title, then you're Mr. Cool. Say it in a deep Barry White voice and you'll have babes crawling all over you.
Elle zhayyyy Val vayyy
Newbie
Mar 3, 2018
30 posts
12 upvotes
Nikhilvoid wrote: Hmm, that's interesting. I didn't know about the Zoomer plan or the free phone and credits. I have a Koodo $40 6GB/month plan

Koodo cost for 2 years - 40*24+120+360-200 = $1240

Zoomer cost for 2 years - 39.5*24 -150 = $798

Will the P30 Lite sell for $250 and the Velvet+Buds sell for $500?

Then the Koodo cost for 2 years is $740, and that for the Zoomer is $548



It depends on when you got it, but because you've got the S10, you'll not be able to get a new phone till the 2 year contract is up, unless you give back any phone credits (often several hundred dollars):

https://www.iphoneincanada.ca/carriers/ ... m-changes/
That link only applies for people who are activating and cancelling though isn't it? I was under the impression that if you stay with them, you can get another phone as long as you don't cancel.
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 16, 2011
4111 posts
5281 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Cynderella wrote: That link only applies for people who are activating and cancelling though isn't it? I was under the impression that if you stay with them, you can get another phone as long as you don't cancel.
I honestly don't know. Apparently it's called "Tab Bonus" now, and "if you pay off your Tab early early but you still have a remaining Tab Bonus (formerly Phone Credit) balance, you will be charged the remaining Tab Bonus balance upon cancellation or upgrade."

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/Tab ... ab%20bonus
Member
User avatar
Feb 1, 2012
463 posts
142 upvotes
Montreal
Rogido wrote: How so?
480 $ - $200 visa card =$280 for a mid tier phone, I think it's reasonable.

Premium phones go for 8xx to 18xx.

Instead of going all in a premium phone, use this while Waiting for other deals.


My thought process
Banned
Dec 17, 2017
1014 posts
1050 upvotes
Poutinesauce wrote: That's unacceptable more than anything else.

Also it has an inferior CPU and an obnoxious screen with curved edges.

The latter is particularly infuriating. Curved edges have absolutely no benefits.
Curved edges impresses those who are easily impressed by simple things, which is basically your average consumer.
KT2312 wrote: 480 $ - $200 visa card =$280 for a mid tier phone, I think it's reasonable.

Premium phones go for 8xx to 18xx.

Instead of going all in a premium phone, use this while Waiting for other deals.


My thought process
But you'd be locked in. You won't be able to take advantage of another tab deal for the next 2 years.
Member
User avatar
Feb 1, 2012
463 posts
142 upvotes
Montreal
HailHydra wrote: Curved edges impresses those who are easily impressed by simple things, which is basically your average consumer.



But you'd be locked in. You won't be able to take advantage of another tab deal for the next 2 years.
True. I will just byod if there are other deals like when Samsung do their 200 phone in credits or spc discounts etc.

Long story short. Already With koodo, besides the best buy refurbs and the Costco lg deal. Budget wise this is a deal.

While waiting for a premium one.
Newbie
Aug 22, 2018
7 posts
2 upvotes
Québec, QC
I am with Koodo for 18 month.
I came with my device at the beginning.
After 8 month i ask for a Samsung A70 (15$ month ) (with free air pods promo)
Now i can take the velvet for 20$ more per month.
I will pay the A70 + Velvet : 35 $ / month
or i can pay all the A70 from my koodo balance ...
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 18, 2013
2122 posts
2828 upvotes
BC
Tyburse wrote: I am with Koodo for 18 month.
I came with my device at the beginning.
After 8 month i ask for a Samsung A70 (15$ month ) (with free air pods promo)
Now i can take the velvet for 20$ more per month.
I will pay the A70 + Velvet : 35 $ / month
or i can pay all the A70 from my koodo balance ...
Did Koodo tell you this? Thought you can only have 1 tab at a time, can't pay off 2 phones.
Newbie
Aug 22, 2018
7 posts
2 upvotes
Québec, QC
I can pay the amount for A70 so my balance will be 0 and take the velvet after
Member
Mar 18, 2008
235 posts
103 upvotes
Markham
Tyburse wrote: I can pay the amount for A70 so my balance will be 0 and take the velvet after
Did you have any 'tab bonus' on the A70 that would also have to be paid back?

Top