Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Hot! Pre-order LG Valvet + LG Buds + 200 Visa (read desc)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 12th, 2020 6:48 pm
Jan 13, 2005
423 posts
68 upvotes
Toronto, ON
vipervenom25 wrote: I see a $460 tab bonus for tab plus
While giving you the phone for cheap you'll be in the hook for the $460 if you cancel before 2 years.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
2122 posts
2828 upvotes
BC
iverson wrote: While giving you the phone for cheap you'll be in the hook for the $460 if you cancel before 2 years.
The tab bonus is reduced by 1/24 each month you stay - the longer you stay with Koodo, the lower the clawback will be.
Feb 18, 2012
51 posts
15 upvotes
LONDON
A little off topic but how would this compare to the new TCL phones ..10l or pro
Feb 19, 2011
188 posts
76 upvotes
Oshawa
jblaze19 wrote: A little off topic but how would this compare to the new TCL phones ..10l or pro
The Velvet has a bigger screen, and a better processor. Battery life is probably going to be pretty close. Better camera on the LG, and stereo speakers too. LG's "ecosystem" of available accessories and on-phone themes and such will be much better. And if you go for the dual screen accessory LG is unique in the mid-tier cellphone market. Honestly for the average user who isn't hung up on specs I think the velvet is pretty much spot on. Koodo is charging a crazy price for it though, it's $599 in the states .... definitely not a thousand dollar phone.
Jan 13, 2005
423 posts
68 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Isildur101 wrote: The Velvet has a bigger screen, and a better processor. Battery life is probably going to be pretty close. Better camera on the LG, and stereo speakers too. LG's "ecosystem" of available accessories and on-phone themes and such will be much better. And if you go for the dual screen accessory LG is unique in the mid-tier cellphone market. Honestly for the average user who isn't hung up on specs I think the velvet is pretty much spot on. Koodo is charging a crazy price for it though, it's $599 in the states .... definitely not a thousand dollar phone.
Velvet has no optical image stabilization in the camera. I think that's a concern for me.
Mar 27, 2020
5 posts
8 upvotes
When I asked about the dual screen case on LG Canada's Facebook page, they essentially said that the dual screen won't be offered in Canada for the Velvet. If you were to get it, it would probably have some hefty international shipping charges getting it from Europe or Asia.
Feb 19, 2011
188 posts
76 upvotes
Oshawa
Jeremy000000 wrote: When I asked about the dual screen case on LG Canada's Facebook page, they essentially said that the dual screen won't be offered in Canada for the Velvet. If you were to get it, it would probably have some hefty international shipping charges getting it from Europe or Asia.
Wow. What a stupid decision on their part. Unbelievable. Still, it will be available in the states with the dual screen so we should be able to get them from Amazon pretty easily once its on the market
Nov 22, 2017
57 posts
14 upvotes
anyone know if their social media promo with $10 offer for 12 month with new activation still going on?
Jul 4, 2018
433 posts
357 upvotes
I'd get this phone if it wasnt for the stupid curved screen. How i freaking hate that sh1t! There is no good tempered glass that actually adheres fully. Learning that lesson from my current s9.
Put some resphek on my name!
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2004
1212 posts
148 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Jeremy000000 wrote: When I asked about the dual screen case on LG Canada's Facebook page, they essentially said that the dual screen won't be offered in Canada for the Velvet. If you were to get it, it would probably have some hefty international shipping charges getting it from Europe or Asia.
I can't find any pricing info on the 2nd screen, guess time will tell but yet it is very stupid. With how cheap this phone is I would totally get the 2nd screen if offered.
Jan 13, 2005
423 posts
68 upvotes
Toronto, ON
It seems this promonis over as it was until quantities last. The $200 gift card + wireless headset is no longer advertised.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
6325 posts
1359 upvotes
Toronto
iverson wrote: I didn't see it before.
but Koodo stopped advertising it on their website yesterday.
The promo ended last night. Correct me if i am wrong
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
8331 posts
3533 upvotes
12 days north of Hop…
Isildur101 wrote: Wow. What a stupid decision on their part. Unbelievable. Still, it will be available in the states with the dual screen so we should be able to get them from Amazon pretty easily once its on the market
Well it's more so for the cost of the Velvet they rather push you to the V60, and the G8X Dual probably didn't sell well here.