Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Hot! Pre-order LG Valvet + LG Buds + 200 Visa (read desc)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 12th, 2020 6:48 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
8331 posts
3533 upvotes
12 days north of Hop…
Allanlaw1 wrote: In the t&c, has Koodo always not been included under participating retailers?

https://lg-promotions.com/velvetpreorde ... qualifying
Don't see Virgin or Fido either, so probably just swiped under Bell/Rogers/Telus. It's not like all of a sudden their sub-brand would be selling gray market phones when they all come from the same supplier.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
2175 posts
2252 upvotes
Can I keep my 6gb/$40 per month (old Public Mobile) plan and still get this deal? Is this phone a good upgrade from the P20?
Apr 18, 2020
13 posts
8 upvotes
iverson wrote:
I didn't see it before.
but Koodo stopped advertising it on their website yesterday.
cgtlky wrote:
The promo ended last night. Correct me if i am wrong
ToniCipriani wrote:
Don't see Virgin or Fido either, so probably just swiped under Bell/Rogers/Telus. It's not like all of a sudden their sub-brand would be selling gray market phones when they all come from the same supplier.
Oh I see. There might be a quota under each Telco, who knows. The LG claim website says you must preorder by August 6, which is what the Koodo site had shown. Bell also lists August 6. Telus has August 2 for some reason.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
6325 posts
1359 upvotes
Toronto
thelasthunter wrote: Can I keep my 6gb/$40 per month (old Public Mobile) plan and still get this deal? Is this phone a good upgrade from the P20?
Chat or call, coz the deal says, plan start at $45.
Feb 19, 2011
188 posts
76 upvotes
Oshawa
From the Koodo webstore:

"Thank you for your e-mail.

The gifts were available while the supplies lasted and for a limited time.

If when you made the order you could see that the offer was available, then you would have the bonus."

So supplies were indeed limited for Koodo
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
2176 posts
1370 upvotes
I received the phone today. I haven't open it yet.

To claim for promotion, which document do we need to submit? I got two: one order confirmation email and other is koodo contract (PDF attached)

Never do this before. TIA
Sep 25, 2007
147 posts
9 upvotes
Chilliwack
I got my phone today, trying to claim the promotion, but it's saying the date is invalid.
anyone getting it to work yet?
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
2176 posts
1370 upvotes
same date problem. Some kind of bug there. Have to wait for Monday to call support
Apr 18, 2020
13 posts
8 upvotes
I emailed support and they're aware of the purchase date issue. Told me to try again in 48 hours while they fix it.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
2176 posts
1370 upvotes
The problem of date is no longer there. They fixed it. I was able to submit 1.5 hour ago
May 15, 2012
429 posts
250 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Bought from Koodo on July 23, also submitted the claim. It seems deadline for purchase was actually Aug 2, instead of the original Aug 6.

Any one suggests how much would be a fair price to sell the earphone? Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Aug 11, 2020
1 posts
1 upvote
Honest keep them if you don't have a set. These are some seriously good sounding earbuds compared to other Bluetooth options.

Otherwise... Think retail is 150, so you can decide from there.