Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Koodo

[Hot] Prepaid Booster Double Up Promo

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 20th, 2018 12:53 am
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2009
2429 posts
403 upvotes
arisk wrote: Are others finding that on the "overview" page it isn't first purchased, first used?

I had a small amount left in a booster (purchased last year) and purchased another under this bonus.
Now it is using the second one first, and leaving the first one untouched.
I assume it will be that way forever, as I will make new purchases before running dry.

It really doesn't matter as far as usage, but it does make it a little more confusing to tell what remains when the old ones don't drop of the list by being used first.
Yeah I noticed that too. Like you said it doesn't matter, but I definitely expected the oldest to get used before anything new I added on.

Maybe it's just the specials that get prioritized, and once that runs out and you throw a normal booster back on the old one will get used up before the new one does.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2006
3109 posts
2309 upvotes
London
GSRee wrote: Yeah I noticed that too. Like you said it doesn't matter, but I definitely expected the oldest to get used before anything new I added on.

Maybe it's just the specials that get prioritized, and once that runs out and you throw a normal booster back on the old one will get used up before the new one does.
Here's one to file under stupid answers.
I contacted customer support to ask about this.

The response:
"Normally, the customers are supposed to use up completely the entire Data
booster then they will be able to purchase a new one."
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2017
4695 posts
4968 upvotes
GTA
Thanks OP! Grabbed the 2GB and 1000 minute boosters.

And yeah, they don't FIFO the boosters. The 100 minute sign-up bonus I was given has been sitting on my account for 2+ years despite having purchased and used up multiple voice boosters of my own since then.
Sep 2, 2007
769 posts
285 upvotes
arisk wrote: Here's one to file under stupid answers.
I contacted customer support to ask about this.

The response:
"Normally, the customers are supposed to use up completely the entire Data
booster then they will be able to purchase a new one."
I just checked my account shows same thing
Almost certain that did not happen with my previous purchase
Thanks for pointing it out
Nov 21, 2017
253 posts
338 upvotes
Toronto
Hi all, can I pay $15 per 3 months (to keep my account active) and add 1000 minute booster? I just need incoming calls, no text, no data.
Then it would cost 15 x 4 + 25 = 85/year, which is a deal breaker for me. Or do I have to pay 15/month to use the booster?
RFD is an addiction
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2007
1209 posts
471 upvotes
Toronto
Where does it say double boosters? I logged in and it only says 1GB for $30. NVM, found it.
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2009
2429 posts
403 upvotes
derass wrote: Thanks OP! Grabbed the 2GB and 1000 minute boosters.

And yeah, they don't FIFO the boosters. The 100 minute sign-up bonus I was given has been sitting on my account for 2+ years despite having purchased and used up multiple voice boosters of my own since then.
That's strange, my free booster was used before my standard 500 minute booster started getting used, but then I only got 6 minutes in before the bonus 1000 minute booster was added and now it is being used.
Jun 17, 2007
427 posts
518 upvotes
shatilas wrote: Hi all, can I pay $15 per 3 months (to keep my account active) and add 1000 minute booster? I just need incoming calls, no text, no data.
Then it would cost 15 x 4 + 25 = 85/year, which is a deal breaker for me. Or do I have to pay 15/month to use the booster?
The 15 has to be paid per month, It's 10% off with auto topop.

If you just want a phone for emergency there's better prepaid options like the petro mobile.
Jul 29, 2017
249 posts
84 upvotes
I just came back from a Koodo kiosk, I asked the rep about the double boost promotion but he told me its only available to the prepaid customers of at least 6 months. I asked him to verify that and he called and verified it.
Oct 9, 2011
5 posts
Victoria
I have only been with koodo prepaid from the end of September, and had no problem purchasing the double minutes and data.
That was about 2 weeks back, maybe they changed it since?!?
YMMV I guess
Hitnake wrote: I just came back from a Koodo kiosk, I asked the rep about the double boost promotion but he told me its only available to the prepaid customers of at least 6 months. I asked him to verify that and he called and verified it.
Jul 8, 2016
14 posts
7 upvotes
Grey County
Hitnake wrote: I just came back from a Koodo kiosk, I asked the rep about the double boost promotion but he told me its only available to the prepaid customers of at least 6 months. I asked him to verify that and he called and verified it.
I just switched from Rogers to Koodo prepaid after the double booster promotion started and had no problem at all purchasing the bonus boosters.
Jul 29, 2017
249 posts
84 upvotes
I have the feeling that the rep didn't really care about prepaid customers, I might just buy a simcard and see if I can add the double boosts online.
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2009
2429 posts
403 upvotes
Hitnake wrote: I have the feeling that the rep didn't really care about prepaid customers, I might just buy a simcard and see if I can add the double boosts online.
I was a customer prior to the booster starting, but more like 1 month than 6 months, so yeah I'm guessing he couldn't be bothered to look into it.
Deal Guru
Apr 9, 2006
10593 posts
15784 upvotes
GT-EH
JWL wrote: Does anyone know when this offer expires?
December 31st.
Public Mobile Customer, $34/50GB CAN-US
"It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness; that is life." - Picard
Oct 18, 2004
414 posts
276 upvotes
Saint John
I did this about four years ago as well. I bought 10,000 minutes and 8gb of data. Ended up costing me $28 or so per month - all in - over 3 years with 300 minutes and 225mb of data per month. I know the data seems low but there was hardly a place that didn't have free wireless. I'm with Zoomer now with unlimited minutes (LD and Local) and 2gb for $36 + tax. I still rarely use the data or minutes and I would have stayed with Koodo but in the three plus years I had the plan they never (at least to my vigilant eyes) ever offered the deal again. Of course, now that they do it's neutered :S At least they still offer great phone deals with WOW and PC Mobile so can't complain too much.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
9135 posts
7079 upvotes
West GTEH!
As others have mentioned, the Sales Person wasn't interested in Prepaid and was making up the "6 month" story.

Just go buy the Prepaid SIM card. Go online to activate. Port your number (if necessary) and purchase the Double Boosters. You also receive a $20 credit and a bonus 100 minutes. Plus if you set up pre-approved debit to your credit card or debit card you receive a 10% discount monthly. This is what I did and there wasn't any problems.

My kids account was on Koodo Post-paid for 3 months and I had NO problem moving it to Koodo Prepaid. It was very easy and simple. Even the Porting of the number was very easy.
😎
Jan 29, 2003
304 posts
95 upvotes
BritishColumbian wrote: I was thinking of using the 2 gb data booster : 30$ and using the Fongo app for phone calls, is that a good way to save money? What's a good app for texting? (different number tho?)
That's what i have been doing, using my data with fongo to make phone calls. I figured that is even cheaper than 0.025 cents/minute ($25/1000)?? or maybe not....i never bothered doing the calculation for data per minute of use using fongo....lol. someone can do the math for me....i may buy more minutes if it's cheaper that way.

koodo prepaid is by far the best if you do lots of texting and very few phone calls or data but have the voice and data ready to use when needed that carries over and never expires. that is why i switched over to this so i don't have to scramble to top up my data/voice cuz it expired at end of month. 2-3 years ago no other plans i recall had this flexibility for voice/data top up.....and that was also the very last time they had this double the minutes/data deal. the best thing is, i topped up without even have to pay a cent using my credits.....woohoo!

one last thing is, sooo glad they have US roaming now.....was asking for this years ago, glad they listened. didn't understand why they didn't allow prepaid customers when pospaid was able to....not like postpaid didn't have to pay for roaming.
May 30, 2017
752 posts
325 upvotes
Brampton, Mount Plea…
1000 minutes is great for me, since I spend like 2-3 minutes talking at most. But 2GB of data for $30 seems like a lot for little. Especially considering how much data websites and apps crunch these days.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)