Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] HOT IN STORE DEAL KOODO $45 8GB DATA + $10 CREDIT AND 2GB DATA FOR 12 MONTHS (SK Only)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 23rd, 2018 8:46 am
May 23, 2011
746 posts
206 upvotes
pazivai wrote: looks like Walmart has stopped doing it. I visited three, none would do it without SK ID.
Locations?
Aug 20, 2018
6 posts
2 upvotes
First Post!!

I just did this in Prince George BC. Dude at Walmart was awesome. I even explained, in detail, what I'm doing and why. He was totally cool about it. He did tell me that I missed the 10 dollars off for 12 month by a day, but oh well. I activated 2 lines and ported my number from Fido, no problem, but my wife's from her Koodo account is another story. What's the easiest way to port that number over to the new account?
Jun 30, 2013
621 posts
263 upvotes
GTA
AnotherCanuck wrote: Locations?
Gerrard and 2 other locations
I only response to real deals, otherwise I am blank
Self Referral Tips for Koodo - Click here...
Edited by the RFD Moderation Team due to the 4 line limit
May 29, 2017
319 posts
126 upvotes
Canada
No luck here either, tried to call in and also at a Walmart in North Vaughan. They said its policy not to port in OOP numbers. So those that got it are lucky.

I also called in and tried to select a plan and do this but no luck. due to billing address needing to be in that particular province they said. One Rep said I can do this online but i didn't want to give it away that one could not select any SK plan online.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
2908 posts
2558 upvotes
Oakville
Okay so I tried Burlington, Milton, Hamilton, and Mississauga Walmarts and ALL know about this deal, all said no.

I even went in evening hoping for different staff and they said no.

One location the girl was clueless and was letting me port it in, but the f-ing 306 number that I got from Bell yesterday (fully activated and working when I use on my phone) doesn't work.

Bell store charged $22 for the SIM card, then $5.96 for top up...so wasted $30 and all that gas,...for nothing.

You win some, you lose some.... I mostly lost here.

Cost of doing business.

stuck with the crapppy $60 10GB plan... and this back to school had terrible deals... but will keep trying.

Thank you OP and the rest of your for your help and encouragement... the show must go on!
-ZdpZ... ;)
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2012
3405 posts
747 upvotes
Canada
The $10 and 2gb addon was till yesterday....too late to the party now.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3597 posts
913 upvotes
Calgary
Let's hope other providers like Fido will have something up their sleeves. I like pulse plans with 5 hours of unlimited data, if they have something remotely close to this, I will leave Telus/Koodo
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
1852 posts
1340 upvotes
Toronto
zdpz wrote:
One location the girl was clueless and was letting me port it in, but the f-ing 306 number that I got from Bell yesterday (fully activated and working when I use on my phone) doesn't work.
I had the same issue earlier today when I Went for my 2nd line. As soon as the guy put in my 306 bell number it said "Number can not be used on the network" or something like that. Was unable to port.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
2908 posts
2558 upvotes
Oakville
Deal has expired.
This sould be moved to expired deals now since it's over for people in Saskatchewan as well
-ZdpZ... ;)
Aug 19, 2018
9 posts
Can you get a SK number from VOIP.ms and then port it in as temp in Ontario and finally switch it to your current Ontario number. ?
Aug 15, 2018
11 posts
4 upvotes
I tried in couple of locations in Vancouver, they both refused. Then I went to koodo store and was able to do it in store. but the 2GB and 120$ credit was not there. :( I am going to call customer care and ask for it.
Oct 30, 2012
981 posts
266 upvotes
Hamilton
echristo wrote: I tried in couple of locations in Vancouver, they both refused. Then I went to koodo store and was able to do it in store. but the 2GB and 120$ credit was not there. :( I am going to call customer care and ask for it.
its not there ... you need a special code in order for them to be added
May 23, 2011
746 posts
206 upvotes
PauloS6513 wrote: Can you get a SK number from VOIP.ms and then port it in as temp in Ontario and finally switch it to your current Ontario number. ?
I tried this yesterday and it failed at Walmart.

Their system wouldn't accept the VOIP.ms number. The clerk had to call up Koodo CS to process the port, but then they wouldn't allow it because it was an out of province number.
Sep 19, 2011
68 posts
4 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
Has the $45/8gb SK plan expired or just the bonus 2gb + discount?
Aug 19, 2018
9 posts
AnotherCanuck wrote: I tried this yesterday and it failed at Walmart.

Their system wouldn't accept the VOIP.ms number. The clerk had to call up Koodo CS to process the port, but then they wouldn't allow it because it was an out of province number.
So is it fair to say it is over?