• Jul 21st, 2020 6:22 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2005
1105 posts
551 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[Koodo] iPhone 11 Pro Max Certified Pre-owned

This seems to be a good deal and almost half price to what Apple sells it brand new.
It is a 64GB unit and with Covid-19, pre-owned devices are cause for concerns.

https://www.koodomobile.com/phones/ipho ... ro-max-cpo
54 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
9958 posts
7884 upvotes
Kootenays
iverson wrote: This seems to be a good deal and almost half price to what Apple sells it brand new.
It is a 64GB unit and with Covid-19, pre-owned devices are cause for concerns.

https://www.koodomobile.com/phones/ipho ... ro-max-cpo
Why would a pre-owned device be cause for concern regarding Covid-19? Surely you're not implying the virus could be transmitted via the phone?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2005
1105 posts
551 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Ridinginoffice7 wrote: How much will it cost if I cancel
$1,165 + few days of service fee

Koodo is not for cancelling anymore. Typically buy if you plan to stay for 2 years.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
11498 posts
9106 upvotes
Toronto
Ridinginoffice7 wrote: How much will it cost if I cancel
Just add the “tab bonus” to the price, in this case $304 extra.

Never worth it any more.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
7884 posts
8256 upvotes
Calgary
The cheapest iPhone 12 in September will probably be 999$ again and have Oled and 5G ,a faster processor etc .Some reports have said it may be cheaper. I would recommend that instead, and grab a Zoomer plan.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
28410 posts
8846 upvotes
Hamilton
DARSHAKJUST4U wrote: Can't add it to the $25 plan. I'm willing to pay $500 but I want to keep the plan -_-
Lol...
hated on but respected.
Feb 26, 2017
612 posts
428 upvotes
I’d really like a pro Max. Seems like a good deal
to me? When the 12 comes out, how much
would this go down?
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
2372 posts
5224 upvotes
Markham
smacd wrote: Why would a pre-owned device be cause for concern regarding Covid-19? Surely you're not implying the virus could be transmitted via the phone?
I heard COVID is now transmittable through e-mail.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2007
1047 posts
254 upvotes
Vancouver
Dave510 wrote: I heard COVID is now transmittable through e-mail.
omg that's the weirdest thing! I heard of that too! lol
Nov 25, 2017
46 posts
35 upvotes
SammyDavis wrote: The cheapest iPhone 12 in September will probably be 999$ again and have Oled and 5G ,a faster processor etc .Some reports have said it may be cheaper. I would recommend that instead, and grab a Zoomer plan.
Yes I agree that the iPhone 12 ( not pro) might be cheaper. But its going to be a 5.4 inch screen phone. If you want a big iPhone, you won't really have another choice but to pay the big $$ for the "iPhone 12 pro max" that is rumored to be more expensive by about 50 $ USD than the current iPhone 11 Pro max at retail. So let's estime it at about 1640 $ + tax. This Koodo offering is 1165 out right , or 33 x 24 + 69 =
about 860 $.
You need a plan anyways, I mean look at what Koodo is offering, for someone that has plenty of wifi and need only about 2 GB for his/her google maps, iMessage and basic stuff ? That is 35 $/ month, pretty much in line with chatr and lucky mobile prepaid. So might as well save and take the plan for 2 years. Making the phone 860 $, that is arguably better than the note 10 + deal last week considering Apple support their devices for 5 years. But again, my iPhone X under iOS 14 runs with slow animations and has lost it smoothness ...so even if Apple pushes upgrades, if it slows the phone down or not is another story.

All in all, I think at 860 it is a VERY hot deal. Good camera, decent screen( not 120 hz image refresh rate, but 120 hz digitizer refresh rate makes it feels faster than 60 hz ), good battery life, very good build quality, and good support (in store support, updates, plenty of cases to choose from) makes this something very tempting.
Feb 26, 2017
612 posts
428 upvotes
Can I retain my “golden” 40/6GB plan
with this? Or am I forced into a new plan?
Nov 25, 2017
46 posts
35 upvotes
Atillathepun wrote: Can I retain my “golden” 40/6GB plan
I work with fido, rogers, bell and Virgin. At our companies you have to change your plan with a "in market" financing plan. I assume it is the same with Koodo.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 18, 2013
5058 posts
8195 upvotes
BC
I believe you need a $45+ plan
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2004
1438 posts
652 upvotes
Victoria
It looks like the "Tab Bonus" or phone subsidy, is $304 with the new Tab Plus or Tab Mid plans. The Tab Basic (old tab small) doesn't have the same subsidy. Likely your $40 plan is now designated as Tab Basic/small, but you can always log in and add it card and try. It will tell you if you need to change your plan. I've found what your plan qualifies for isn't always based on the $$ amount you pay from person to person, plan to plan, so probably best to check.
Feb 26, 2017
612 posts
428 upvotes
Thanks, I’ll try in the AM. Their website
is giving me all sorts of login errors. But
I’ll assume I can’t use my plan unfortunately.