[Koodo] iPhone 12 64GB $368 upfront, $73/month 6GB Data Kodoo

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 28th, 2020 5:15 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
2918 posts
3901 upvotes
BC
blackbirdman wrote: Speak for yourself, if there was lower memory variants at reduced cost I would jump on it. I personally dont ever use over 32GB in any of my phones and never did... not to mention there is icloud and other cloud storages avail.
did you miss the part where he said "in my opinion"
Nov 11, 2011
7 posts
22 upvotes
Why would you buy an Iphone 12 and then go with a network that has no intention of supporting 5G. Wouldn't it make sense to be with Rogers/Bell/Telus?
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2008
1323 posts
1304 upvotes
GTA
You’re not getting a discount on the phone. What you’re getting is a contract with Koodo for 2 years in exchange for financing the phone at full price. I’m not sure if that’s a deal at all.
Apr 20, 2020
97 posts
45 upvotes
CapnVino wrote: Why would you buy an Iphone 12 and then go with a network that has no intention of supporting 5G. Wouldn't it make sense to be with Rogers/Bell/Telus?
Did Koodo come out and say they won't be 5G? Will that be true for Fido and Virgin as well?
Dec 15, 2017
253 posts
230 upvotes
Calgary
CapnVino wrote: Why would you buy an Iphone 12 and then go with a network that has no intention of supporting 5G. Wouldn't it make sense to be with Rogers/Bell/Telus?
Koodo/Fido/Virgin will get 5G eventually but it'll be later. No indication of when.

Having said that, I don't think anyone should get the iPhone 12 for the purposes of 5G alone. The non-US model is already lacking the mmWave antenna (even though it's the same price) and 5G deployments are going to be flaky for the next several years.
Get the iPhone 12 if you're due for a new phone and are fine using it on LTE.
Telus EPP: 20GB/$50
"Retail is for suckers" - Cosmo Kramer
Jan 31, 2006
82 posts
39 upvotes
Do companies still provide discounts on phones? I thought the big 3 (and their off brands) stop giving subsidies and now only do financing
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2015
1674 posts
1481 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
They will absolutely get 5G. Just not at the same time as their parent company, could be a year or few years after.
😎Thanks RFD😎
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2007
3309 posts
765 upvotes
Toronto
I don't see any reason to get the 12 if the 11 is much cheaper.

Maybe it's just me but I just get used phones of older generation, works just the same.
Nov 26, 2014
310 posts
492 upvotes
Calgary, AB
You're better off getting the Zoomer deal. $150 bill credit and a free phone you can sell for $350 = $500

$45month/7GB.

Buy the iPhone 12 outright and you'll save $411 vs this deal, and get more data.
Jul 7, 2004
297 posts
133 upvotes
One of the worst RFD deal in 2020.
I want to Thank You OP for posting new deal. But I cannot stop my hand to click on downvote.
Last edited by net_essential on Oct 23rd, 2020 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
( TELUS = Koodo = Public > CMLink ) ( ROGERS = Fido = Chatr > Zoomer = Cityfone > 7-Eleven = Petro Canada ) ( BELL = Virgin = Lucky > President Choice ) ( SHAW = Freedom ) Listed by network not ranking.
Jul 29, 2013
269 posts
128 upvotes
Toronto
What happened to all the iPhone 11 Max's?! I thought we could score a great deal on the previous gen or even refurbished but it looks like Apple made sure there are very little stock forcing people to move to the current gen.
Feb 21, 2003
712 posts
446 upvotes
Richmond BC
SammyDavis wrote: There should only be sunny days. IMO.
Wait til you ran out of drinking water.
upvoted as pity marks.
Best deal: 2 boxes of HP 92 white papers from staples for $7.00 (2004)

Upvote my post if you find it helpful. Thx
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
8402 posts
3583 upvotes
12 days north of Hop…
Slono wrote: You’re not getting a discount on the phone. What you’re getting is a contract with Koodo for 2 years in exchange for financing the phone at full price. I’m not sure if that’s a deal at all.
Instant gratification and the sense of "missing out on the latest and greatest" is a hell of a drug.