[Koodo] iPhone 12 64GB $368 upfront, $73/month 6GB Data Kodoo

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 28th, 2020 5:15 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2006
3569 posts
656 upvotes
Kingston
gemmethosesavings wrote: Don't want to hijack the thread, but just called Telus to get an update on my iPhone 12 pro (256gb) pre-order.

Was previously on the Epp 55$ 15gb peace of mind plan
With 34$ a month device cost per month with bring it back

Ended up switching to the promo plan 30gb for 63$
How did you get a 30GB for $63? Is this a retention plan or can a new customer get this?
Jul 16, 2015
13 posts
5 upvotes
blackbirdman wrote: Honestly if the 12 had 120hz screen i would of contemplated on getting it, but since it doesn't i dont see a reason to upgrade
I think even next year iPhone 13 will not to get 120hz display due to battery size, only pro and pro max models might get it.
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
13266 posts
7026 upvotes
Southern Ontario
CapnVino wrote: Why would you buy an Iphone 12 and then go with a network that has no intention of supporting 5G. Wouldn't it make sense to be with Rogers/Bell/Telus?
I’m not the person you quoted but we bought a 12 for our teen, I have a 11Pro. The 12 has a better sensor/camera, it can also do night mode front and wide lens, mine does not. I’m personally not interested in 5G.
Jun 15, 2020
36 posts
177 upvotes
kcorscadden wrote: How did you get a 30GB for $63? Is this a retention plan or can a new customer get this?
The salesperson on the phone offered it to me when I asked if there were any ongoing promotions. Unsure if it’s available to everyone. I am however renewing a 2 year contract
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2005
1960 posts
689 upvotes
Montréal, QC
Nexzen wrote: Lmaooo get them then come back on the thread when you find out it’s locked and stolen.
My brother learned the hard way.
His brand new Pixel bought on Kijiji was blacklisted a month after the purchase.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
3622 posts
4157 upvotes
Toronto
asbraich wrote: I've bought and sold many phones on Kijiji. Pretty easy to do that safely as long as you're not a dipshit.

Whether everyone around here meets that criteria or not is another matter, however....
I worked at a cell phone store and seen too many customers think their service isn't working to only realize their phone has been blacklisted a few weeks after purchase. It's something I wouldn't recommend to save a few bucks. This doesn't mean they all are, it's just way safer, simpler and easy to save up and buy from a store as you'll be using the phone for a couple of years.
Deal Addict
May 20, 2004
3186 posts
762 upvotes
Calgary
intelpentium400 wrote: Honest question: if the total device price at the end of the 24 months doesn't come out to a device discount, what's the point of this? why not buy outright?
Is this only if someone can't afford the cost upfront?
True, but if the plan is good why not get an interest free loan and buy something better with the cash?

Although I am not sure that the plan is worth it with all the offers flying around right now.
Deal Addict
May 20, 2004
3186 posts
762 upvotes
Calgary
Nexzen wrote: I worked at a cell phone store and seen too many customers think their service isn't working to only realize their phone has been blacklisted a few weeks after purchase. It's something I wouldn't recommend to save a few bucks. This doesn't mean they all are, it's just way safer, simpler and easy to save up and buy from a store as you'll be using the phone for a couple of years.
Yeah, I finally got burned on a Pixel 2XL a few years ago and have bought new ever since.

Plus you get points and double warranty on CC. LOL
Dec 15, 2017
253 posts
230 upvotes
Calgary
lewdvig wrote: True, but if the plan is good why not get an interest free loan and buy something better with the cash?

Although I am not sure that the plan is worth it with all the offers flying around right now.
Exactly, the plans always suck. Unless you're getting a legit discount on the phone you're better off buying outright then getting a BYOD plan.
Telus EPP: 20GB/$50
"Retail is for suckers" - Cosmo Kramer
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2006
1955 posts
596 upvotes
Toronto
asbraich wrote: You're better off getting the Zoomer deal. $150 bill credit and a free phone you can sell for $350 = $500

$45month/7GB.

Buy the iPhone 12 outright and you'll save $411 vs this deal, and get more data.
Only if you’re willing to put up with the bs on Kijiji.
Low ballers to no replies, and no shows.
I’ve had good success in the past, but now I just think it’s too much of a hassle.
Deal Addict
May 20, 2004
3186 posts
762 upvotes
Calgary
intelpentium400 wrote: Exactly, the plans always suck. Unless you're getting a legit discount on the phone you're better off buying outright then getting a BYOD plan.
Free pixel is pretty cool

If you can get $350 it means effective cost of the plan is $25ish (plus tax on $45). Not too shabby.