• Apr 11th, 2016 12:45 am
Tags:
None
254 replies
Jan 12, 2013
586 posts
542 upvotes
Halifax
Don't forget that during the month of March Koodo upped the referral credit to $50 per person.

Asking for referrals isn't allowed on the forums, but letting people know it exists is all good.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2011
3158 posts
444 upvotes
Why is the full retail price more than Apple Store?
Commemorative loonie rolls, quarter rolls, 50 cent rolls all different kinds of rolls contact for details. Venetian glass bee $250 plus shipping. 20for20 canoe $30 shipped 20for20 polar bear $30 shipped. Lots of 5 packs loons, toons and quaters
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2011
3158 posts
444 upvotes
So why is it $774 on the Koodo site?
Commemorative loonie rolls, quarter rolls, 50 cent rolls all different kinds of rolls contact for details. Venetian glass bee $250 plus shipping. 20for20 canoe $30 shipped 20for20 polar bear $30 shipped. Lots of 5 packs loons, toons and quaters
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2011
3158 posts
444 upvotes
I see, thank you.
Aug 2, 2012
35 posts
9 upvotes
Victoria, BC
Cold, 2014 phone not even '6s' version, no expandable storage. 16GB and OS takes 5gb + apps. The cheaper galaxy s6 and s7 are far superior to this. Also cellphone plans and 2 year contracts I think are bad to enter. Data infrastructure is increasing and paying $60-80 for 1-3GB of data is a joke in this age.
Feb 1, 2015
888 posts
490 upvotes
Toronto, ON
RhinoSausage wrote: Cold, 2014 phone not even '6s' version, no expandable storage. 16GB and OS takes 5gb + apps. The cheaper galaxy s6 and s7 are far superior to this. Also cellphone plans and 2 year contracts I think are bad to enter. Data infrastructure is increasing and paying $60-80 for 1-3GB of data is a joke in this age.
This post is an absolute joke, [removed].

This is a good deal for a device that came off the assembly line within the past five months. Even sales wise from Telus, the iPhone 6 continues to outsell the 6S, because price point isn't worth the upgrade. Thanks for the post OP
Jan 12, 2013
586 posts
542 upvotes
Halifax
RhinoSausage wrote: Cold, 2014 phone not even '6s' version, no expandable storage. 16GB and OS takes 5gb + apps. The cheaper galaxy s6 and s7 are far superior to this. Also cellphone plans and 2 year contracts I think are bad to enter. Data infrastructure is increasing and paying $60-80 for 1-3GB of data is a joke in this age.
The OS doesn't take 5+ GB - it actually takes around 1.2 - 1.4 GB. iOS 8 took up a lot of space, iOS 9 does not. I do agree that for me personally tho, 16 GB is too small. Galaxy S6 does not have expandable storage either tho.

I don't see where the galaxy devices are cheaper... This is a brand new iPhone for $504-$50+$5; so $459 plus tax. There is no need to keep your service with Koodo if you're afraid of contracts or commitments. Just cancel the day after you activate your service.
Aug 2, 2012
35 posts
9 upvotes
Victoria, BC
I am a [...] for spending $800 instead of $500 on a 2014 gen phone? [removed]

iphone 6: 750x1334, 16GB HD, 1GB Ram, 2 core CPU, 1800 mah battery.
galaxy s7: 1440x2560, 232GB HD, 4GB Ram, 10 core CPU, 3000 mah battery.

iphone 7: still far behind and not even released; no expandable memory, new mini headphone port (so u need new cords, adapters, etc).
Dec 31, 2006
407 posts
88 upvotes
Zork1984 wrote: $5 for the SIM.
Actually, its $779 with the SIM card.

After adding to the cart, the total at the bottom says:

"Total due now
$779.00
before tax"

But its a nice deal when getting it with the tab since you get "$270.00" activation credit. Good for someone who was going to buy that phone anyways.
Apr 16, 2017
405 posts
320 upvotes
Pickering
RhinoSausage wrote: I am a troll for spending $800 instead of $500 on a 2014 gen phone? [removed]

iphone 7: still far behind and not even released; no expandable memory, new mini headphone port (so u need new cords, adapters, etc).
I can appreciate where you are coming from, in terms of raw specs s7 blows it out of the water. But it's important to note that most of the population could care less about specs and care more about the overall experience of a device. It's great that the s7 is beastly, but the experience of an iPhone 6 is arguably nearly as good or better (depending on the person). Optimization plays a huge part and that is definitely not androids strong suit.

Add to that the OS people are comfortable with, the other devices they might have at home (iPad/Mac), and the simple fact that some people just don't need the extra storage, it's not unreasonable to consider this.

Now, I totally agree Apple should up their game and have the base model be at least 32gb, 16gb is definitely just a marketing scheme to get people to pay more money for a reasonable amount of storage, but again plenty of people get by fine with very little storage.

I am a PC/Android guy before anyone starts throwing around "apple fanboy" and all that other junk.
Mar 10, 2012
775 posts
1369 upvotes
PEACHLAND
Oogarr wrote: I can appreciate where you are coming from, in terms of raw specs s7 blows it out of the water. But it's important to note that most of the population could care less about specs and care more about the overall experience of a device. It's great that the s7 is beastly, but the experience of an iPhone 6 is arguably nearly as good or better (depending on the person). Optimization plays a huge part and that is definitely not androids strong suit.

Add to that the OS people are comfortable with, the other devices they might have at home (iPad/Mac), and the simple fact that some people just don't need the extra storage, it's not unreasonable to consider this.

Now, I totally agree Apple should up their game and have the base model be at least 32gb, 16gb is definitely just a marketing scheme to get people to pay more money for a reasonable amount of storage, but again plenty of people get by fine with very little storage.

I am a PC/Android guy before anyone starts throwing around "apple fanboy" and all that other junk.
Don't worry, I think people dismiss posts from people who call others "*****" to try and get their point across. I have a Galaxy S6, which means that RhinoSausage and I have the same taste in phones. That saddens me :(
Jul 1, 2008
341 posts
80 upvotes
Brampton, ON
RhinoSausage wrote: I am a [...] for spending $800 instead of $500 on a 2014 gen phone? [removed]

Agreed
Specs for Android phones are way ahead when compared to iOS but let's not forget user experience.
I own iphone6 n just love it and also have S6 edge+ from work which has amazing specs but can't stand using Android for long hours

Also I did buy 2 HTC M8 few weeks back for $168, performance is almost similar to S6 edge+

It's like comparing Mercedes vs Hyundai and all comes down to personal preferences of OS n how much you want to spent on phone which you will be using everyday
Deal Addict
May 31, 2005
1691 posts
428 upvotes
Mississauga
TBBA29 wrote: I don't see where the galaxy devices are cheaper... This is a brand new iPhone for $504-$50+$5; so $459 plus tax. There is no need to keep your service with Koodo if you're afraid of contracts or commitments. Just cancel the day after you activate your service.
Definitely not $459 + tax if buying it outright. are you sure the device balance is $504 not $774 if cancel right away? Also you don't get the $50 credit if cancelled within 90 days. and the iPhone is locked. Koodo will only unlock your phone once in service for 90 days for a fee of $35. ebay unlock code costs $75.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
19950 posts
6174 upvotes
Toronto
ironmen77 wrote: This post is an absolute joke, [removed]
This is a good deal for a device that came off the assembly line within the past five months. Even sales wise from Telus, the iPhone 6 continues to outsell the 6S, because price point isn't worth the upgrade. Thanks for the post OP
While I wouldn't necessarily agree with RhinoSausage's reasoning completely, and I would not buy the Samsung products, I would agree that this is a cold deal.

The iPhone 6 is way too old specs wise to be spending $500+ on. And yes it's a problem even though it's an iOS product. Its main problem is its piddly 1 GB RAM. iOS' RAM management is better than most, but that doesn't mean it's immune to low RAM. 1 GB in 2016 on iOS devices is a problem, and I say this as someone who owns both 1 GB and 2 GB iOS products.

Basically, the minimum RAM you should get in a $500+ iOS product is 2 GB, and that means at least an iPhone 6s, iPad mini 4, or iPad Air 2. The only way buying a 1 GB iOS product makes sense IMO is if you're paying way less than $500.

Also, I agree that 16 GB in an iPhone is potentially too little. Unless you KNOW you only need 16 GB, then get more. 16 GB is woefully inadequate for many, many people, even just soccer moms who take pix of their kids and install no apps.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2011
3158 posts
444 upvotes
TBBA29 wrote: The OS doesn't take 5+ GB - it actually takes around 1.2 - 1.4 GB. iOS 8 took up a lot of space, iOS 9 does not. I do agree that for me personally tho, 16 GB is too small. Galaxy S6 does not have expandable storage either tho.

I don't see where the galaxy devices are cheaper... This is a brand new iPhone for $504-$50+$5; so $459 plus tax. There is no need to keep your service with Koodo if you're afraid of contracts or commitments. Just cancel the day after you activate your service.

Are you sure I can just cancel and pay $509. I don't need it unlocked, I'd be bringing it to public mobile.
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
1727 posts
229 upvotes
Rockdaddy22 wrote: Are you sure I can just cancel and pay $509. I don't need it unlocked, I'd be bringing it to public mobile.
I think you need to unlocked if you going to use on public mobile.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2011
3158 posts
444 upvotes
leadersuper699 wrote: I think you need to unlocked if you going to use on public mobile.
No you don't, any Telus or Koodo locked phone will work with PM

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)