• Last Updated:
  • Nov 27th, 2016 12:58 pm
[OP]
Aug 22, 2016
221 posts
141 upvotes
Montreal

Koodo or iphone 6s poor signal?

I just bought a iphone 6s i only get 2-3 bar ( -103 ) nothing seems to work. I HAVE never seen it go up to 4 or even 5 bar on the LTE...
When I call someone though. it goes 5 bar, then when call is done it reverts back to 2 bar...

Is it the iphone problem or its on Koodo end??

Also I noticed that my nexus 5 does the same thing signal is -109 then goes full bar on phone calls on H signal.
6 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2015
1182 posts
1259 upvotes
Toronto, ON
My Galaxy S7 on Koodo is almost always on full bars with LTE. Maybe because I am at downtown but iPhones don't usually have good reception. The aluminium back is some sort of resistant to signal reception but LG with G5 and Google Pixel (with partial glass window for reception) phones are known to have great reception.
I think it has to be the phone or Apple doing something to save battery. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
-
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
18843 posts
6043 upvotes
Toronto
I have great reception with a 6s plus on bell. I live and work in Toronto.

Is the phone running the latest os?

Yes, the iPhone has an aluminum back but the bars you see in the back are for the cellular antenna.
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
12537 posts
2922 upvotes
Kanata
My Samsung Note 4 and my Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro only get full bars when I'm downtown in my office. In the suburbs, I'm usually at 2-3 bars on LTE. This is on Koodo. On Rogers, I got what seemed like better signal strength. Definitely, when comparing my Blackberry Q10 to the Note 4/Xiaomi in the basement gym at work, the Xiaomi doesn't have connectivity while my BB Q10 does. Note 4 fluctuated between having signal and no signal.
[OP]
Aug 22, 2016
221 posts
141 upvotes
Montreal
I'm gonna try go downtown montreal see if my signal is better :O but... where im from, I dont see why i only have 2 bar...

The speed is still fast but... when I see 2 bar, i mean is there something wrong?
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
21026 posts
7364 upvotes
Toronto
In my house, the 6s gets better reception on Koodo than my 5S or 7 Plus gets on Fido.

So, I'd blame your signal.
Apr 2, 2009
911 posts
197 upvotes
Markham
This is because you're camping on 2600Mhz LTE and the the bars will be 1-2 depending on where you are
But once you actually start using your data or voice, you'll notice no difference (ie stable / fast speeds and clear voice)
Koodo, Public Mobile client.
Amex, PayTM client.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)