Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] iPhone 8 $0 on Medium tab

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 29th, 2019 1:47 pm
[OP]
Sr. Member
User avatar
Nov 13, 2013
889 posts
1678 upvotes
Kingston, ON

[Koodo] iPhone 8 $0 on Medium tab

Koodo just switched iPhone 8 from Large to Medium tab. $0 upfront.
470 replies
Newbie
Mar 16, 2019
10 posts
Thanks ! Is the loophole still available ? I want to cancel straight away but I don’t seem to find the 25 plan in QC. Is it ok if I take the 55 dollars plan ?
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2011
1083 posts
605 upvotes
Pickering
Wow, talk about a coincidence. Thanks!
I'm going to the convenient store to pick me up a pack of cigarettes...
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2012
2016 posts
413 upvotes
Saskatoon
$65 per month ($50 plus $15 tab charge (what is that?)for two years plus 11% taxes (in my case)
Let’s do the math.
$1731.6
'The rich get richer and the poor get - children.'
Member
Aug 8, 2017
273 posts
114 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
SteeveH74276 wrote: Thanks ! Is the loophole still available ? I want to cancel straight away but I don’t seem to find the 25 plan in QC. Is it ok if I take the 55 dollars plan ?
Loophole still available but you should go for best buy or walmart, they giving 100 dollar gift card on top.
Member
Jan 13, 2017
456 posts
525 upvotes
Toronto
ukrainiandude wrote: $65 per month ($50 plus $15 tab charge (what is that?)for two years plus 11% taxes (in my case)
Let’s do the math.
$1731.6
i like your quick maff, but here's the real math:
$360 + 35 + 3-5 (a day or 2 of service) + tax - 100GC = around $350 all in.
Newbie
Mar 16, 2019
10 posts
wahabk1234 wrote: Loophole still available but you should go for best buy or walmart, they giving 100 dollar gift card on top.
Is this available in every Walmart or BB ? Also is any of the GC usable outside Walmart or BB ?
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2011
3796 posts
2369 upvotes
Toronto and London
vicktnguyen wrote: i like your quick maff, but here's the real math:
$360 + 35 + 3-5 (a day or 2 of service) + tax - 100GC = around $350 all in.
Thanks.

So haven't done this so trying to determine best approach.

If my sister and I are with Fido and she wants a new iPhone, I can just activate a new line with Koodo to take advantage of this deal and then cancel after a day or two and get the phone for around $350? I then could just give it to her to use (she might need a newer compatible sim card)?
Member
Jan 13, 2017
456 posts
525 upvotes
Toronto
RiftOfChaos wrote: Thanks.

So haven't done this so trying to determine best approach.

If my sister and I are with Fido and she wants a new iPhone, I can just activate a new line with Koodo to take advantage of this deal and then cancel after a day or two and get the phone for around $350? I then could just give it to her to use (she might need a newer compatible sim card)?
You got it Thumbs Up Sign.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2012
2016 posts
413 upvotes
Saskatoon
vicktnguyen wrote: i like your quick maff, but here's the real math:
$360 + 35 + 3-5 (a day or 2 of service) + tax - 100GC = around $350 all in.
Don’t they have a penalty for canceling and isn’t the phone Koodo locked?
'The rich get richer and the poor get - children.'
Sr. Member
Oct 14, 2017
678 posts
478 upvotes
ukrainiandude wrote: Don’t they have a penalty for canceling and isn’t the phone Koodo locked?
All phones in Canada are now required to be unlocked. As for cancelling you do run the risk of a blacklist (although its more likely to get it from a store level) - as for Koodo blacklisting you no one knows how they decide. Take a look at the Samsung S9 threads for an example of what people are doing.
Sr. Member
Oct 14, 2017
678 posts
478 upvotes
RiftOfChaos wrote: Thanks.

So haven't done this so trying to determine best approach.

If my sister and I are with Fido and she wants a new iPhone, I can just activate a new line with Koodo to take advantage of this deal and then cancel after a day or two and get the phone for around $350? I then could just give it to her to use (she might need a newer compatible sim card)?
You could even cancel the same day you get the phone to get the "cheapest" price.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2012
2016 posts
413 upvotes
Saskatoon
Image
'The rich get richer and the poor get - children.'
Sr. Member
Oct 14, 2017
678 posts
478 upvotes
Did you do the purchase and cancel with Koodo before (or do any of those in the photo apply to you)? There is also a chance that you are on the blacklist.
Jr. Member
Oct 21, 2017
164 posts
97 upvotes
I believe you need to cancel your line by calling them. You won't be able to pay off just your tab balance. It seems like that is what you are trying to do.
AT&T 25GB

Top