Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Koodo

iPhone 8 $0 on Medium tab

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 29th, 2019 1:47 pm
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2012
5865 posts
3138 upvotes
Winnipeg
dealhungry1 wrote: I'm not a lawyer or anything, but I think the changes they made today doesn't comply with the CRTC rules.

I believe for the other carriers, they have the entire amount under the subsidy and reduces by the same amount each month in a clear unambiguous manner, and not like this, where they show you the tab on one hand, and all over their website and then kick you in the teeth with conflicting clauses.
I agree with you
Lucky Mobile | Public Mobile | Simplii | Tangerine | CIBC
Oct 11, 2012
233 posts
234 upvotes
TORONTO
Koodo Cancellation email not updated:
What to expect on your next bill:

Prorated recurring monthly charges: recurring charges such as your monthly plan and tab charge will be prorated to reflect only the portion of the month in which your wireless service was still active.
Tab debit: you’ll see this charge only if you have a remaining Tab balance
Additional usage charges: any extra calls, texts and data charges not included with your monthly plan.
Roaming: if you’ve recently used your phone outside of Canada, roaming charges may not immediately show up on your bill. You may receive an additional bill if this happens.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2006
3198 posts
1023 upvotes
Vancouver
dealhungry1 wrote: Koodo Cancellation email not updated:
Wouldn't there be 2 versions?
- Activation or HUP before August 25
- Activation or HUP August 25 and after
Oct 11, 2012
233 posts
234 upvotes
TORONTO
We like to think that these companies operate on the best systems available, but actually at enterprise level, systems are archaic and workflows are hardcoded. Any change actually takes alot of time as they need to decouple processes.

Basically right now, there's only 1 email for cancellations.
yvrwindsor wrote: Wouldn't there be 2 versions?
- Activation or HUP before August 25
- Activation or HUP August 25 and after
Mar 11, 2016
365 posts
328 upvotes
Toronto
**** Koodo, and **** their POS Tab! The LG G5 they sold me two years back is the biggest POS phone I've ever had so **** them! Wanted to go iPhone, now they pull this BS? No dice, damn bloody pricks!
RFD4LF. 😎
Deal Fanatic
Feb 18, 2013
5659 posts
9734 upvotes
BC
PtsuckS wrote: **** Koodo, and **** their POS Tab! The LG G5 they sold me two years back is the biggest POS phone I've ever had so **** them! Wanted to go iPhone, now they pull this BS? No dice, damn bloody pricks!
Because it's Koodo's fault and not LG's, right?
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2011
2022 posts
8939 upvotes
PtsuckS wrote: **** Koodo, and **** their POS Tab! The LG G5 they sold me two years back is the biggest POS phone I've ever had so **** them! Wanted to go iPhone, now they pull this BS? No dice, damn bloody pricks!
This reminds me of the old man yells at sky meme
how do i remove my signature?
Dec 11, 2007
312 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
peakingduck wrote: Just to confirm, you ported your Koodo number and account over to the Virgin prepaid, and not the other way around right?
The first number is Koodo and second number is Virgin Mobile. How do they charge me for 2 numbers????

I thought I had ported the number over to the virgin mobile pre paid card i got from dollarama.

I chose a $5 plan on virgin and got the number and everything (second number is virgin number) but I received this bill just yesterday.
Images
  • iPhone 8 Porting over.JPG
  • Port over_2.JPG
Aug 17, 2017
230 posts
220 upvotes
Silverhack wrote: The first number is Koodo and second number is Virgin Mobile. How do they charge me for 2 numbers????

I thought I had ported the number over to the virgin mobile pre paid card i got from dollarama.

I chose a $5 plan on virgin and got the number and everything (second number is virgin number) but I received this bill just yesterday.
When you port out you get a prorated bill

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)