Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] IPhone XR $350 +$360 on tab medium

  • Last Updated:
  • Apr 11th, 2019 11:52 pm
[OP]
Member
Sep 29, 2015
326 posts
385 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[Koodo] IPhone XR $350 +$360 on tab medium

Cheapest I've seen a XR all in. May be YMMV as with all Koodo deals.
382 replies
Banned
Nov 23, 2018
592 posts
516 upvotes
vicktnguyen wrote: It went down cheaper than that before. Quote from the thread "$50 upfront +$480 tab + $35 activation fee + 1 day service ($5) + tax = ~$644 net cost."
wow-quebec-only-iphone-xr-50-trade-tab- ... o-2253231/
1) We don’t have a time machine.
2) Not everyone lives in QC.
3) It is a great deal. I paid $1,029 for this phone at Apple store plus AppleCare+.
4) It is a great phone.
5) Not everyone feels comfortable gaming the Koodo system. If too many exploit it, they eventually will close the loophole. Your plan was on tab large, the base plan is heck expensive.
Member
Jan 13, 2017
456 posts
525 upvotes
Toronto
1. The OP said it's the cheapest he has ever seen, just wanted to point out it went for lower.
2. Refer to first point.
3. Weird flex but ok ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
4. I did not say anything about the phone being bad.
5. OP post is a Koodo deal, which means gaming the system regardless.
6. For those who got the deal, more power to you Flexed Biceps
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 15, 2004
6466 posts
988 upvotes
cheaper on a tab large, $200 + $20*24
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2017
2001 posts
1496 upvotes
Yes $200 + $480 Tab large is cheaper than what the OP posted. Go to Wow mobile, get the $50-100 trade in credit for any dead old phone to save even more, then cancel and get blacklisted. It’s a great deal for a new iPhone.

If Wow had prepaid gift cards for this phone too, you could sweeten the pot even more.
Deal Addict
May 7, 2006
1762 posts
1917 upvotes
For those that want to stay on Koodo,
Medium offers better value than Large
Also, next to impossible to get a tab L as a new customer joining
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14654 posts
4765 upvotes
Montreal
sf1 wrote: cheaper on a tab large, $200 + $20*24
It should be, as the Large Tab costs more. The higher your monthly rate, the lower the contract fee.
My last and final digital game I purchased at PSN from those Sony Devils was on November 22, 2020 - Ban that Sorny!
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Nov 18, 2008
8006 posts
1861 upvotes
Mont-Royal
For those Apple fan boys, a reminder that the s10 is released.
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2007
9932 posts
4859 upvotes
L4cky wrote: For those Apple fan boys, a reminder that the s10 is released.
Just a reminder a new iPhone will be coming out this year too.
Telus $45 25GB
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2008
1419 posts
1420 upvotes
GTA
L4cky wrote: For those Apple fan boys, a reminder that the s10 is released.
Apple fan boys won’t care about the s10...
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2017
1323 posts
2022 upvotes
gamer602 wrote: For those that want to stay on Koodo,
Medium offers better value than Large
Also, next to impossible to get a tab L as a new customer joining
No problem with that if your credit is good. My family member was able to open 2 tab Large lines when he joined Koodo.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
2270 posts
419 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario
shayne85 wrote: Yes $200 + $480 Tab large is cheaper than what the OP posted. Go to Wow mobile, get the $50-100 trade in credit for any dead old phone to save even more, then cancel and get blacklisted. It’s a great deal for a new iPhone.

If Wow had prepaid gift cards for this phone too, you could sweeten the pot even more.
Why get blacklisted? Many RFDers do this every now and then, no? Has Koodo changed its policy?
Member
Dec 5, 2016
333 posts
498 upvotes
sf1 wrote: cheaper on a tab large, $200 + $20*24
Large tab plans are twice the price as medium in addition to the extra $5/month.
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2011
1085 posts
1305 upvotes
Waiting for Walmart or TMS deal. They usually have better one.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Mar 22, 2007
27256 posts
6754 upvotes
Hamilton
BRKAMZN wrote: 1) We don’t have a time machine.
2) Not everyone lives in QC.
3) It is a great deal. I paid $1,029 for this phone at Apple store plus AppleCare+.
4) It is a great phone.
5) Not everyone feels comfortable gaming the Koodo system. If too many exploit it, they eventually will close the loophole. Your plan was on tab large, the base plan is heck expensive.
vicktnguyen wrote: 1. The OP said it's the cheapest he has ever seen, just wanted to point out it went for lower.
2. Refer to first point.
3. Weird flex but ok ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
4. I did not say anything about the phone being bad.
5. OP post is a Koodo deal, which means gaming the system regardless.
6. For those who got the deal, more power to you Flexed Biceps
Beautiful posts
$35/10GB Koodo
$40/10GB Koodo
Deal Expert
User avatar
Mar 22, 2007
27256 posts
6754 upvotes
Hamilton
geokilla wrote: Is iPhone X or IPhone XR better? Going to look for some reviews online.
Android fanboy turned iSheep?
$35/10GB Koodo
$40/10GB Koodo
Jr. Member
Dec 16, 2015
100 posts
109 upvotes
Richmond, BC
geokilla wrote: Is iPhone X or IPhone XR better? Going to look for some reviews online.
Hey, I did a bunch of research for X vs XR, here's a summary of the comparisons that I found between the two:

- Battery life: XR wins here, one of the best battery life iPhones for real-world usage (even better than XS Max, people consistently get 1.5 days of usage)
- Processing speed: XR wins here, it has the A12 Bionic Chip, this chip is a big bump from A11 (iPhone X uses A11)
- Camera: I would give this to the X because it has a telephoto lens, which lets you zoom in a lot more (honestly this isn't a big thing). Other than that that's the only real difference in terms of Camera.
- Screen: X wins here because it's using a OLED screen and has a higher resolution than the XR. However, it's barely noticeable unless you put a XR and X side by side then you can kinda see the difference.
- Bezels: X wins again, the XR has slightly thicker bezel's, again this is hard to tell unless you put in side by side with the X.
- Colors: XR wins here, comes with a variety of different colors that you can choose from, the X only has black and white.
- If you care about "clout" or showing off that you're "rich", having the iPhone X would definitely show that off because of the iconic dual vertical camera's.

In the end for me, I picked up the iPhone X because of the deal back in December with Best Buy and Koodo.
However, I do regret not getting the XR, but there wasn't a deal at the time. Battery life is probably the biggest deciding factor for me, and as well the A12 chip will age very well.

Hope this helps.
Member
Aug 4, 2007
490 posts
118 upvotes
for people thats going to cancel next day, wouldnt tab large be better? I see $200 (upfront) + $480 (tab) = $680 vs the $710 on tab medium

Top