Expired Hot Deals

Koodo

iPhoneSE 64GB - $410 on med tab

  • Last Updated:
  • Apr 27th, 2017 9:43 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 13, 2006
3797 posts
3547 upvotes
Muskoka

[Koodo] iPhoneSE 64GB - $410 on med tab

Koodo has finally reduced the price the 64GB iPhoneSE. The 16GB version has been $360 for some time now, but the 64GB was still up there in price

Price is $50 + $360 tab - This was the same price as last Black Friday/Boxing Day
I have no idea if WOW will reduce this further with a trade in - I would think so, need confirmation
Available to new and existing customers

As a new customer, you can cancel right away or stay with them on medium plan (min $40 month)
There could be issues if you want to unlock right away. Some have had success - $50 to Koodo to unlock.
Everything is plus tax

Right now Koodo just bumped their referral to $50 each side, so if you already are a Koodo customer you could save another $100 if you open a new plan and stay on for 3 months - likely worth it.

These are the discontinued models (16 and 64GB) replaced by the 32 and 128GB versions. So right now, the 64GB is $160 cheaper than the 32GB
Public Mobile
76 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2016
1758 posts
1177 upvotes
Good price,

I got this deal; went to bestbuy and got it price matched with wow mobile; its YMMV but good deal if you want a small phone
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3351 posts
1392 upvotes
Toronto
When I talked to Wow last time, they did not carry the 64GB version.
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Sr. Member
Nov 22, 2012
735 posts
555 upvotes
Toronto
Not bad if you take advantage of the $50 referral bonus
NA
Newbie
User avatar
Feb 9, 2017
23 posts
3 upvotes
How is the Koodo mobile signal quality? Is it better than Freedom mobile?
Newbie
Jan 15, 2013
7 posts
14 upvotes
francescabrown wrote: How is the Koodo mobile signal quality? Is it better than Freedom mobile?
the best = bell/telus/virgin/koodo/public
2nd best =rogers/fido/chatr
3rd best tin cans with string
the worst =freedom mobile
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 7, 2004
6483 posts
2824 upvotes
West GTEH!
francescabrown wrote: How is the Koodo mobile signal quality? Is it better than Freedom mobile?
Koodo uses Telus Network and from my experience the Signal is excellent. IMO. Been a Telus customer and now Koodo customer and haven't had any signal issues.
😎
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 7, 2004
6483 posts
2824 upvotes
West GTEH!
spotts01 wrote: Koodo has finally reduced the price the 64GB iPhoneSE. The 16GB version has been $360 for some time now, but the 64GB was still up there in price

Price is $50 + $360 tab - This was the same price as last Black Friday/Boxing Day
I have no idea if WOW will reduce this further with a trade in - I would think so, need confirmation
Available to new and existing customers

As a new customer, you can cancel right away or stay with them on medium plan (min $40 month)
There could be issues if you want to unlock right away. Some have had success - $50 to Koodo to unlock.
Everything is plus tax

Right now Koodo just bumped their referral to $50 each side, so if you already are a Koodo customer you could save another $100 if you open a new plan and stay on for 3 months - likely worth it.

These are the discontinued models (16 and 64GB) replaced by the 32 and 128GB versions. So right now, the 64GB is $160 cheaper than the 32GB
Thanks OP. Was looking for the 32GB version on sale. But if the 64GB is cheaper, might purchase this. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
😎
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jun 2, 2009
673 posts
735 upvotes
Ontario
Is this something I should purchase in store (Koodo) or online? How do I know if the Koodo kiosk has stock?
Do I sign up with cheapest plan? What is the cheapest plan?
Then I do cancel it on the same date after I get home, and how (calling Koodo)?
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 28, 2013
20011 posts
9443 upvotes
Oakville
ikeny wrote: Is this something I should purchase in store (Koodo) or online? How do I know if the Koodo kiosk has stock?
Do I sign up with cheapest plan? What is the cheapest plan?
Then I do cancel it on the same date after I get home, and how (calling Koodo)?
Doesn't matter if you buy in store or online. Call the Koodo kiosk to see if they have stock.

Yes, sign up for the cheapest tab plan you can. Look at their website.

You can call Koodo to cancel, but the CSR will almost certainly try to scare you into staying by saying you'll have to pay back the activation credit. To date, nobody has had to pay back the activation credit that I'm aware of. Many people just spend a few bucks to buy a prepaid sim, and port out to that to avoid the hassle of calling Koodo.

NOTE: If you're planning on using this phone on a non-Telus network (ie, anybody other than Telus, Koodo or Public Mobile), you'll need to unlock it. It's $80 to unlock via a third party unlocker like Mobifree. More reliable to unlock it directly from Koodo, but to do that you have to pay off your tab first, which I believe you can't do until after your first bill arrives.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
3098 posts
793 upvotes
Toronto
thanks ordered, u do not have to pay off tab to get it unlocked if u are an existing koodo customer for more than 90 days. this will be 4th iphone i have ordered from them that i unlock as soon as i receive it.
Jr. Member
Mar 16, 2009
177 posts
93 upvotes
Halifax
Got this phone back in September for $0 + $360 tab. At the time, it was $100 + $360 tab, so I called them and said:

"I'm a loyal customer of 6+ years (which I am) and I've never missed a payment, and I need a new phone. I want the iPhone SE 64GB, but I don't want to pay the upfront $100."

So after a brief conversation with retentions, they credited my account (positive tab) $100 (I had a $0 tab at the time), which i used to "buy" the iPhone SE 64GB online for 'free'.
Member
Mar 4, 2003
416 posts
43 upvotes
burnaby
ShylocK wrote: thanks ordered, u do not have to pay off tab to get it unlocked if u are an existing koodo customer for more than 90 days. this will be 4th iphone i have ordered from them that i unlock as soon as i receive it.
Im existing koodoo customer ( 2 years now) , just order Iphone 6S last 2 weeks. (small tab -$240 on my tab) No need to wait for 90 days to unlock?
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Nov 4, 2008
6821 posts
7361 upvotes
Richmond Hill
This is a pretty good deal! Biggest plus for this little device is the battery life; it's not uncommon for me to finish the workday with 75% battery with moderate usage throughout the day.
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 28, 2013
20011 posts
9443 upvotes
Oakville
Androidmarshmellow wrote: are there any cheap places to unlock the phone?
Carrier is the cheapest. iPhones don't have cheap unlocks.
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2015
2658 posts
1594 upvotes
wearysky wrote: Carrier is the cheapest. iPhones don't have cheap unlocks.
swift unlock costs $55 and mobifree cost $70... would be nice if carrier can unlock before you cancel all in the same call. Anyone has recent success with this?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 1, 2009
1295 posts
446 upvotes
wearysky wrote: NOTE: If you're planning on using this phone on a non-Telus network (ie, anybody other than Telus, Koodo or Public Mobile), you'll need to unlock it. It's $80 to unlock via a third party unlocker like Mobifree. More reliable to unlock it directly from Koodo, but to do that you have to pay off your tab first, which I believe you can't do until after your first bill arrives.
Thanks for your post... why do you say it is most reliable to unlock via Koodo?

I read you'll have to be with Koodo for at least 90 days before they can do the unlock. For non-Koodo customers who want the phone only, it seems easier/cheaper to port out and unlock through a 3rd party. Any reason why one should stick to the Koodo route?
If my sanity has to go, it is my job to keep its absence to myself. :D
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 28, 2013
20011 posts
9443 upvotes
Oakville
beeknight wrote: Thanks for your post... why do you say it is most reliable to unlock via Koodo?

I read you'll have to be with Koodo for at least 90 days before they can do the unlock. For non-Koodo customers who want the phone only, it seems easier/cheaper to port out and unlock through a 3rd party. Any reason why one should stick to the Koodo route?
It's most reliable because third party unlockers are doing it without the carrier's permission. I've heard reports of Rogers, for example, doing an audit and re-locking phones unlocked via third parties. With iPhones, in particular, it's much harder to sneakily unlock the phone without getting caught (which is why it actually costs more than it costs to do it with the carrier).

In terms of cost - you don't have to stay with the company for 90 days. You just have to pay off your tab first. Once your tab is paid off, you *should* be able to get them to unlock it at any time. "Officially" the rule is 90 days to pay off your tab, but people pay them off much sooner than that.

Top