Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Koodo

Koodo 12GB/$65, 20GB/$80 YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 18th, 2019 9:07 am
Tags:
[OP]
Aug 17, 2017
230 posts
220 upvotes

[Koodo] Koodo 12GB/$65, 20GB/$80 YMMV

Received a text from Koodo, I've attached the screenshot. Get 12GB for $65 or 20GB for $80 if you upgrade.
Seems like a decent deal if you need a new phone or new plan. But prepared for the downvotes for 1) Price and 2) Koodo's new policy

Offer ends Sept28
Images
  • Screenshot_20190914-113757.png
Last edited by xCameron94x on Sep 14th, 2019 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
96 replies
Feb 15, 2007
68 posts
218 upvotes
Mississauga
xCameron94x wrote: Received a text from Koodo, I've attached the screenshot. Get 12GB for $65 or 20GB for $80 if you upgrade.
Seems like a decent deal if you need a new phone or new plan. But prepared for the downvotes for 1) Price and 2) Koodo's new policy

Offer ends Sept28
What is your current plan?
[OP]
Aug 17, 2017
230 posts
220 upvotes
mendo wrote: What is your current plan?
10GB $60 plan, but I have a 1GB add on I got from retentions
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2016
1486 posts
840 upvotes
Edmonton
Koodo called me and said they would allow another line on my account for the $60 10 gig plan. I said my fiancé already has this plan with Rogers and they would have to do better, then they said they would talk to marketing and email
Me back. Seems many ppl have left, so they are trying hard to keep clients. They also were offering me a free tablet, but didn’t listen to the offer as I already have 2 iPads
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2016
1486 posts
840 upvotes
Edmonton
I have the same one with the 1 gig add
xCameron94x wrote: 10GB $60 plan, but I have a 1GB add on I got from retentions
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2006
1332 posts
856 upvotes
xCameron94x wrote: Received a text from Koodo, I've attached the screenshot. Get 12GB for $65 or 20GB for $80 if you upgrade.

Offer ends Sept28
What is Koodo's new policy? *Sorry, I haven't been following all the ins-and-outs with the various carriers so I haven't got a clue.*
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2008
2252 posts
532 upvotes
Toronto
I'm on $60/10gb as well and no offer. Do you have a tab balance? I am wondering if paying off my tab would increase my odds of getting these promos.
[OP]
Aug 17, 2017
230 posts
220 upvotes
CanRulez wrote: What is Koodo's new policy? *Sorry, I haven't been following all the ins-and-outs with the various carriers so I haven't got a clue.*
If you cancel your plan on a tab, you not only pay the tab balance, but the activation credit balance that is unused as well. Before you would only pay the tab balance
[OP]
Aug 17, 2017
230 posts
220 upvotes
wwedx wrote: I'm on $60/10gb as well and no offer. Do you have a tab balance? I am wondering if paying off my tab would increase my odds of getting these promos.
I'm on a no tab plan.
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
16821 posts
3338 upvotes
GTA
xCameron94x wrote: If you cancel your plan on a tab, you not only pay the tab balance, but the activation credit balance that is unused as well. Before you would only pay the tab balance
the new policy is more than fair tbh
Sep 11, 2011
767 posts
1016 upvotes
Toronto
actng wrote: the new policy is more than fair tbh
Doesn’t the new tab policy also apply to people who are upgrading early (by paying off the tab balance)? That’s where it doesn’t make sense.
Deal Addict
May 5, 2008
1947 posts
649 upvotes
xCameron94x wrote: I'm on a no tab plan.

I'm not going to downvote the OP,

but I'm certainly going to show middle finger to Koodo for this!

WTF!? $4/GB this day and age?

Corporate greed boundless!
May 26, 2018
165 posts
165 upvotes
CanRulez wrote: What is Koodo's new policy? *Sorry, I haven't been following all the ins-and-outs with the various carriers so I haven't got a clue.*
It's now a 2 year contract when you get new phone for new and existing customers.
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2006
2931 posts
1319 upvotes
Did people actually expect Koodo to maintain their loopholes so people who aren't even interested in using Koodo services can take advantage of them? Why would anyone be mad about that?
Dec 19, 2006
850 posts
849 upvotes
Vancouver
ApocDeals wrote: Doesn’t the new tab policy also apply to people who are upgrading early (by paying off the tab balance)? That’s where it doesn’t make sense.
It makes sense when people were upgrading every month or every couple months. It wouldn't hurt as much if there weren't gift cards involved as well, which koodo has to pay back to the retailer. Not everyone was doing it, but the few always ruin it for the rest.
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
20780 posts
6256 upvotes
GTA
Koodo user here too, I have zero issues with the new change that eliminated churning. Everyone who is angry is obviously not a customer that Koodo wants to keep, so now they can focus on deals for those who actually are staying.

Good riddance I say. No more clogging up the service centers and administration work, hopefully this means better deals for existing customers. $40 for 8gb and pretty happy, almost done paying my tab from last year, might look into a new phone when these deals eventually come back.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
25476 posts
15302 upvotes
Toronto
OP, so basically they are suggesting that you pay $5 more to get 2GB more, assuming that changing plans will not remove your 1GB data bonus. Seem like a pretty weak offer to me.
Koodo $40/6GB
Public Mobile $40/15GB, $35/20GB, lot less with rewards
Tangerine Bank, EQ Bank, Simplii
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2007
1212 posts
474 upvotes
Kingston
I got text of $55/10GB or $75/15GB. But, when I login my account, and playing around for upgrading the phone, I don't see any of them available. All I can see is the market "promotions".
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2017
2849 posts
1975 upvotes
hi-tech wrote: Did people actually expect Koodo to maintain their loopholes so people who aren't even interested in using Koodo services can take advantage of them? Why would anyone be mad about that?
They're the reason why we cant have nice things. The churners pretty much forced Koodo.

BUT, it's a loophole they didn't fix immediately. I wont knock the hustle. Im an RFDer through and through.

Anyway going back to the topic - I wished Koodo offered this to me when I leveraged my EPP. They only offered me 10GB/$60 at that time (3wks ago).
Last edited by Biscayne05 on Sep 14th, 2019 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 22, 2018
45 posts
42 upvotes
atlantic_man wrote: I got text of $55/10GB or $75/15GB. But, when I login my account, and playing around for upgrading the phone, I don't see any of them available. All I can see is the market "promotions".
We received the same offer on one of our lines. We have three lines.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)