Koodo $40 for 40gb for 15 months BYOD

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 3rd, 2023 10:51 am
[OP]
Dec 23, 2016
142 posts
300 upvotes

[Koodo] [Boxing Day] Koodo $40 for 40gb for 15 months BYOD

Saw at Parkway mall today in Scarborough at the Koodo booth, $40 for 40gb for 15 months. New activations only, not eligible with phone, so is BYOD.

Guy insisted minimum $60/month plan if you want a phone.
42 replies
Feb 23, 2018
56 posts
68 upvotes
Thank you for the field report, OP. We all appreciate them.

The deal itself seems warmish due to BYOD only as you pointed out.
[OP]
Dec 23, 2016
142 posts
300 upvotes
CheeseJr wrote: ymmv?
Possibly, I couldn't stick around long to ask him all the questions. Assuming will be the standard plan they will be offering through boxing day week.
Last edited by Rodster on Dec 24th, 2022 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Dec 23, 2016
142 posts
300 upvotes
EmpressLisaSu wrote: What if I'm already on Koodo?
I'm with Koodo also and was told I'm not eligible, new activations only. But I would call into loyalty and ask for it.
Oct 4, 2018
69 posts
53 upvotes
BusinessDocuments wrote: Thank you for the field report, OP. We all appreciate them.

The deal itself seems warmish due to BYOD only as you pointed out.
What is considered a good deal for 40gb data plan? What is the cheapest that you seen it so that I can look out for that?
Oct 3, 2014
12 posts
7 upvotes
Ancaster, ON
Had a chat with Koodo rep yesterday. I told them Freedom was offering 40gb for 45. As 99% of my time is within Freedom coverage, I told I would switch over if they couldn't match. In the end, they offer me 30gb for 45 for my line and same deal for son's line as he still has tab on it. Not too bad as I probably will only use 10gb the most.
May 9, 2015
246 posts
9 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Just saw this at Bridlewood Mall today
Jun 28, 2020
420 posts
316 upvotes
6AC21B55-1D0E-43BD-8B70-1C3FE6C0FA09.jpeg
Mississauga Square One
All the way from +62
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
4698 posts
610 upvotes
Saw it online when I went to pay my bill.
It's a little tempting, but since I rarely even pass 1/2 my 6GB data limit, I'll stick with what I have since it's the same price and don't want to have to deal with the whole song and dance in a year and a bit.
Apr 16, 2013
763 posts
823 upvotes
Surrey
IceBlueShoes wrote: Saw it online when I went to pay my bill.
It's a little tempting, but since I rarely even pass 1/2 my 6GB data limit, I'll stick with what I have since it's the same price and don't want to have to deal with the whole song and dance in a year and a bit.
I appreciate you, Customers like your self help subsidize good decent plan for RFDers & Deal Hunters like me.

Thank you
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2015
3802 posts
3186 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Koodo kiosk and Koodo store have this in Ontario or is this YMMV? I was really looking for a new Phone but I'd port over from Virgin for this, then be good for 15 months until the next sale comes up.

Koodo website says $50 for 40GB. Best Buy is giving out Gift Cards if you sign up for a Tab and new phone (at $50).

https://www.koodomobile.com/en

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/collection ... ory_mth_wi
Last edited by Gibsons on Dec 24th, 2022 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 23, 2018
56 posts
68 upvotes
sushitaco wrote: What is considered a good deal for 40gb data plan? What is the cheapest that you seen it so that I can look out for that?

This deal is BYOD only as i said in my post. If a customer is paying $40+tax per month, they should allow customer to an additional phone monthly tab of their choice as well if they should choose so. Not keep it all constricted. I do not have any direct 40gb comparisons right now but SMB or EPP plans come to mind.
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2015
3802 posts
3186 upvotes
Southern Ontario
BusinessDocuments wrote: This deal is BYOD only as i said in my post. If a customer is paying $40+tax per month, they should allow customer to an additional phone monthly tab of their choice as well if they should choose so. Not keep it all constricted. I do not have any direct 40gb comparisons right now but SMB or EPP plans come to mind.
I'm thinking they don't make much money on the phones they sell... they probably just want to sell the service and poach from other providers now for the end of quarter.

Best Buy is $50/40gb for 15 months and if you get a Pixel 6a for $5 Tab, you get a $200 gift card. You still get a phone for almost nothing. Depends what you are looking for. Black Friday deals seemed better, unless something changes on the 26th. I'm hoping one of the big 3 discount providers sweeten the deal a bit.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2005
8268 posts
952 upvotes
Brampton
Current customer and I see $50 for 40gb but it’s tab plus eligible.
Nov 30, 2022
7 posts
4 upvotes
I appreciate the BYOD deals, thank you OP. My phone is reimbursed by my employer, but only if it is purchased outright and not part of a monthly plan.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
4698 posts
610 upvotes
jattdesi wrote: I appreciate you, Customers like your self help subsidize good decent plan for RFDers & Deal Hunters like me.

Thank you
If it wasn't a "temporary" deal for 15 months, I'd obviously switch over, because why not?
In my case, I work from home mainly so use wifi, head into the office 2-3x/month and even then rarely watch videos.
I'd be more excited if I could get my bill to drop $5 than have more data.
Penalty Box
Nov 21, 2013
8128 posts
9301 upvotes
Montréal
MECHDESIGN wrote: Had a chat with Koodo rep yesterday. I told them Freedom was offering 40gb for 45. As 99% of my time is within Freedom coverage, I told I would switch over if they couldn't match. In the end, they offer me 30gb for 45 for my line and same deal for son's line as he still has tab on it. Not too bad as I probably will only use 10gb the most.
I don't understand the "pay more for more dada that you end up not using" strategy.... If you only use 10 Gb you could possibly pay less. This is a carrier's strategy to offer expensive plans with too much data that you waste. They don't mind the data usage, but the money they earn
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2015
3802 posts
3186 upvotes
Southern Ontario
DoorCrasher wrote: I don't understand the "pay more for more dada that you end up not using" strategy.... If you only use 10 Gb you could possibly pay less. This is a carrier's strategy to offer expensive plans with too much data that you waste. They don't mind the data usage, but the money they earn
I agree, they are also throttling the Data speeds as well.

I personally would take a lower monthly rate for 10GB, which is more than I need, 50GB is just ridiculous. If you only use 5GB and they talk you into 50GB for more money - they win as you will probably still use the same amount and pay them more for it.