Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Koodo

Koodo $45/8GB Unlimited Canada-Wide calling, Unlimited International text YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 24th, 2019 9:20 pm
Jan 20, 2018
118 posts
459 upvotes

[Koodo] Koodo $45/8GB Unlimited Canada-Wide calling, Unlimited International text YMMV

First I want to thank the Fido $50/15GB thread, it brought me here. This may not a great deal compare with the Fido offer, but I hope this thread can help those who cannot get the Fido plan, and prefer to be a Koodo customer.
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/fido-fi ... k-2326291/

Current carrier: Rogers $45/5GB
Located in Ontario

I was looking for a better plan since long time ago. After seeing the excellent Fido offer, I called them in, unfortunately I was not on the list even I was a Fido customer last year. The best they can offer is $50/4gb. Screw you, Fido.

Then I called in Koodo, I told the rep Fido is offering the $55/15gb plan, what the best they can do? After a long checking, the rep was able to offer me a $55/8gb plan with $10 off for 24 months if active online. According to the rep, this is general promotion just launched today. I have fed up with Rogers and Fido, they treat their loyal customer too bad, and the speed of Koodo is faster than Fido, according to so many posts on RFD, so I accepted it. The rep guided me finished the online self check out, now I am just waiting for the new SIM.

I was a Koodo customer, but the rep didn't check my previous account. Looks like this is a regular promotion that everyone can get, I am not sure if more bonus data could be achieved, so I will call them again tomorrow, if any of you get a better deal, please reply to the thread, I will update it.

Good Luck!

Update 1: called in again, couldn’t get more data than I got. But I have confirmed with him this is a promotion that wasn’t show up on the website, so whoever interested in this should call in to get it.
I also found out they added a one year Amazon Prime with codes which wasn’t there yesterday when I bought my sim. I will ask the sale rep if I am still able to get that when they call me back on Friday. If you haven’t done the purchase, make sure ask the rep if that can be added.
Lots of posts says they couldn’t get the plan, so YMMV added.

Update 2: The rep didn't callback on Friday, I called in myself, but the rep is able to make the original offer happen on my account. here is a screen shot. The $10 credit will show on each bill.

Sorry to see so most people couldn't get the same offer, and wasted your time. Good luck all of you on Black Friday.
Images
  • Screen Shot 2019-11-23 at 12.36.22 PM.png
Last edited by BlankdeBlack on Nov 23rd, 2019 12:40 pm, edited 7 times in total.
71 replies
Nov 10, 2019
283 posts
264 upvotes
CANADA
I got $50/15GB deal from Fido (switched from Telus) and i cannot be more happy with it, however, i am shopping plan for my wife now, as i wasn't able to get her on Fido for the same deal.
This could be good. I will give them a call tomorrow as well.

Thank you.
the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear ...
Jul 30, 2010
655 posts
352 upvotes
Toronto
This sounds decent.
1. Are you tied to a 2 year contract this?
2. What does it mean when you said $10 off if 'active online'. I mean about the active online part.

Thanks
May 4, 2011
491 posts
308 upvotes
He’s also forgetting to mention he’s a previous Koodo customer.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 20, 2015
5280 posts
4939 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Koodo's site is down at this moment. If this is for real as a promotion for the general public and in Ontario, I would have rather had this than the targeted deal I signed up for. I think I'm getting the impression that this is a one-off to poach a customer...

Oh well, I'm still much better off than where I was.
Jan 20, 2018
118 posts
459 upvotes
hyperzore wrote: This sounds decent.
1. Are you tied to a 2 year contract this?
2. What does it mean when you said $10 off if 'active online'. I mean about the active online part.

Thanks
1. No contract, BYOP
2. I think I will need to active the SIM online when I get it. The rep scheduled to call me back on Friday to help me with the activation.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2011
1820 posts
700 upvotes
Canada
OP can you post screenshots? Ty
==
Telus iPhone 11 Pro
Jan 20, 2018
118 posts
459 upvotes
2Sedins1Cup wrote: OP can you post screenshots? Ty
No screenshot available yet. Once I got the account set up, I will update it.
Nov 22, 2015
878 posts
1184 upvotes
Toronto
I've been on this plan since September 2018 in Toronto. Couldn't be happier. For me it's pay as you go.

Edit: Actually its $40/8GB
Images
  • Screen Shot 2019-11-19 at 06.58.08.png
Last edited by Vasilyke on Nov 19th, 2019 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 31, 2019
89 posts
124 upvotes
There is a promotion right now for new customers amazon prime account 1 year free did you ask the csr while ordering SIM online?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
7772 posts
1025 upvotes
Waterloo
Looking to switch too koodo will call them today I really dont need Amazon prime because I already have Amazon prime and they also have the 35.00 free credit for online orders....

I used to be a customer of koodo years ago close to 8 yrs do you think I could get a better deal?
Nov 18, 2012
428 posts
476 upvotes
Oshawa
I just checked Koodo's website for Ontario, No deals there.... regular pricing. 12 months of Amazon Prime as a new signup is the only thing there. Maybe another Province or a YMMV when you call in,
Public Mobile
Koodo
Freedom Mobile
Feb 16, 2007
323 posts
310 upvotes
I don't see, in the screen grab of the offer, where the 'intetnational texting' is included.
Aug 14, 2014
949 posts
948 upvotes
Has anyone actually called in and gotten this? Is it a timed discount or only issue being its BYOD and not tab eligible?
Apr 29, 2018
54 posts
70 upvotes
I'm on $49 a month for 8GB with Koodo and don't see an option in my account to change to one that is $4 less with the same features. I guess I might need to call, although my current plan was a steal at the time too.
Deal Guru
Sep 10, 2008
10276 posts
9274 upvotes
Kitchener
Is this $45 promo even a deal???

Capture.JPG
Last edited by Rob_EV on Nov 19th, 2019 8:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2008
2995 posts
413 upvotes
Toronto
Esg876 wrote: Has anyone actually called in and gotten this? Is it a timed discount or only issue being its BYOD and not tab eligible?
loll this needs to be known

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)