338 upvotes
Edmonton
DeltaSingh wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 10:40 am
Koodo retentions is pretty good.

$49 = 8gb
+ 1gb bonus
- $10/month

Recently, Koodo automatically applied a couple of automatic promos. Bill has been a grand total of $26.86 for the last few months.
I feel like 45 or 49 for 8g is probably impossible here in alberta. I'm on that lunar 55-5 for 6g recently with up to tab med eligible.

R U PACKIN HEAT
?
Jun 4, 2013
23 posts
4 upvotes
EDMONTON
Just called in, now got 7gb from 5gb= 2gb bump up, I paid $45.82 tax included per month per lines ( 2 lines 7gb each now.), and I am from edmonton alberta. so i dont know why ppl says it is impossible. be nice and polite. lol.. usually work.. cheers
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2014
5162 posts
2591 upvotes
mlb112 wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2019 2:29 pm
Just called in, now got 7gb from 5gb= 2gb bump up, I paid $45.82 tax included per month per lines ( 2 lines 7gb each now.), and I am from edmonton alberta. so i dont know why ppl says it is impossible. be nice and polite. lol.. usually work.. cheers
@vhl111 and @mlb112, how did you "call in" exactly? Their automated system won't even transfer calls from Koodo numbers to a rep. :lol:
Jun 4, 2013
23 posts
4 upvotes
EDMONTON
call in.. answer live chat, book a called back. talk to rep, was going to get a transfer to loyalty, but he decide to offer me 2gb (keeping the same price for the last 7 years) instead of 3gb, 5gb is fine with me each month, but I was going in thinking, i probably will get nothing out of this, seen everyone says it is so tough to get it in alberta, so 2 gb is a sweet free sugar...they told me just restart both line to get it working probably, also received email conformation. thanks koodo...
Mar 24, 2019
1 posts
1 upvote
edmonton AB
pooper wrote:
Mar 21st, 2019 8:10 pm
Ahh yes I had a brain fart. The end of Q1 is not this week.... lol. Thanks.
Hi guys, i'm a new-comer to Edmonton AB (moving here from the US). I have my own phone, been looking for a plan with unlimited call/text and somewhere 3-4GB data. Seeing Koodo offering $55 for this package deal but is wondering that if I am calling in, would I have some sort of discount, saying $5 or $10 off per month? :). I see similar deal from Virginmobile and was able to chat with an agent, he offered $10 off for the 1st 12 months, however I feel like Koodo is "a little" preferred by folks here. Any feedback, please give me a shout!!!
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2007
2996 posts
2424 upvotes
Andy1011 wrote:
Mar 25th, 2019 10:04 am
Hi guys, i'm a new-comer to Edmonton AB (moving here from the US). I have my own phone, been looking for a plan with unlimited call/text and somewhere 3-4GB data. Seeing Koodo offering $55 for this package deal but is wondering that if I am calling in, would I have some sort of discount, saying $5 or $10 off per month? :). I see similar deal from Virginmobile and was able to chat with an agent, he offered $10 off for the 1st 12 months, however I feel like Koodo is "a little" preferred by folks here. Any feedback, please give me a shout!!!
Virgin is Bell's Tier 2 provider, Koodo is Telus' Tier 2 provider.

They both use the exact same network, so you will not have any difference in coverage.

People 'prefer' Koodo because of the good deals they have when selling devices. Aside from that there isn't really a difference.
May 24, 2017
188 posts
88 upvotes
GTA
Andy1011 wrote:
Mar 25th, 2019 10:04 am
I would say go with Koodo. I haven't dealt with Virgin myself, but I have heard of billing nightmares and increasing costs for Virgin.
Oct 25, 2018
264 posts
259 upvotes
Anyone in BC with anything decent?

I am going to most likely be moving from a Telus 10gb family shareplan $70 with the wifes phone added (an extra $55) over to Koodo but the only deal I have seen in BC is 4GB unlimited Canada wide calling, text, voice mail...etc $45.
Jul 29, 2007
565 posts
272 upvotes
North America
@MikeB84225 I suggest going with Koodo and getting their $50/8GB option on Medium tab. They're on the same network and you won't know the difference in features/options. You save $20 on your account and save $5 on the wife's account, plus you have options for HUP. After 3-6 months or when you notice a deal here, call into loyalty and ask for a discount.
Thank you RFD community for helping me with spending money, I feel so poor now!
Oct 25, 2018
264 posts
259 upvotes
Saltywetguy wrote:
Mar 25th, 2019 4:27 pm
@MikeB84225 I suggest going with Koodo and getting their $50/8GB option on Medium tab. They're on the same network and you won't know the difference in features/options. You save $20 on your account and save $5 on the wife's account, plus you have options for HUP. After 3-6 months or when you notice a deal here, call into loyalty and ask for a discount.
Thanks for the info, I will look into this but I am BYOD so I don't think I can go on tab without a device, just got 3XL.
Mar 28, 2015
104 posts
23 upvotes
Rural AB
I spoke to Koodo to reduce the price of my plan which was already pretty good but I wasn’t using all my data
as I had 21 GB per month so my new deal is $55.50 pm for unlimited calls and 15gb pm
Apr 20, 2019
1 posts
Hey, can you help me with the Koodo QC plan. I tried getting it, but I don't have a QC address.
Aug 28, 2006
106 posts
16 upvotes
Edmonton
Does the Quebec plan swap method still work?
I love lamp.
Jan 19, 2018
10 posts
Does this promo work for toronto Ontatio.
45$ / 8GB is a good deal for me.

How do I get it? Call in?