Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo 4GB add on for FREE

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 12th, 2021 3:51 pm
Aug 31, 2009
756 posts
527 upvotes
Toronto
has anyone successfully got their 2gb add on back after they took it off for 5gb?? im debating if i should continue to call in.
Aug 20, 2019
412 posts
265 upvotes
Edmonton
hierophant wrote: Just seeing this now...wow there's over 2000 responses in 5 days! I'm sure this has been asked but with over 2000 posts I don't know how I would find the answer. Is the extra 5GB a permanent thing or a promo (e.g. for 2 years). I have a pretty shitty plan with Koodo $43 for 1 GB and an extra add-on $1GB (total 2GB), which is the most they've ever been willing to do for me even though I've been a customer for almost 10 years. How are people getting a $35plan - just by threatening? I'm also always on WiFi so I don't care too much about the # of GBs, I rather get the lowest monthly price as I possibly can, but they've been so inflexible in the past. Any advice on how I can negotiate a better plan?
5GB Add-On is permanent as long as you don't change plans or make a hardware upgrade.

Some folks have had luck by calling in & asking for a $35/1GB base + a 5GB add-on & receiving this plan.

You could try a callback with them & if you feel that the rep over the phone is nice & willing to help, ask them for this rate. You may or may not have some trouble negotiating if you get connected to a call centre in South America, I think most of the time it is difficult to negotiate there. Others have reported having an easier time speaking with Eastern Europe call centres.

I think there are more friendly reps on Twitter who are willing to help. Could also try there & Facebook Messenger as well!
8/10 times I just decide I don't need to buy & find a way to make do without. (Necessity is the mother of invention)

"Works 60% of the time every time."
Dec 16, 2015
17 posts
3 upvotes
BC
Got the $39/10gb plan and the rep on facebook and twitter could not give me the add on.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35055 posts
21014 upvotes
Center of Universe
chanho wrote: Got the $39/10gb plan and the rep on facebook and twitter could not give me the add on.
Try again.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35055 posts
21014 upvotes
Center of Universe
ChrisT363328 wrote: Don't they track your call history?
chanho wrote: Will it work? They told me my plan was ineligible.
Someone reported that it took 8 tries.
Aug 20, 2019
412 posts
265 upvotes
Edmonton
ChrisT363328 wrote: Don't they track your call history?
I think they track your call history. With or without the rep leaving notes.

I'm not sure if they track your inquiry with them for Twitter/Facebook Messenger but I'm willing to bet that it's 65% that they don't. I usually just wait a bit after getting declined by one rep on Twitter & after a while message them again & it's a new rep you're talking to.

Keep trying folks!
8/10 times I just decide I don't need to buy & find a way to make do without. (Necessity is the mother of invention)

Aug 20, 2019
412 posts
265 upvotes
Edmonton
kapid11 wrote: Alright fellas, Imma try & go for an extra 4GB add-on ever since they changed the number from 5GB to 4GB yesterday, in hopes that the reps think that the 5GB add-on & 4GB-addon are two different promos from different occasions.

Imma try on Twitter & report back soon.
Just tried my first attempt on Twitter. Got told by a seemingly friendly rep (although it's hard to tell tone of voice over text but they did use a smiling & sad face emoji) that since I already have the 5GB add-on for $0 that the 4GB add-on doesn't stack with other $0 add-ons.

I'm not sure how true this is because many weeks ago when Koodo was offering the $50/4GB base + 5GB add-on for a total of $50/9GB, I think some folks called again & got another add-on again to make it $50/14GB or $50/13GB depending on if they got the 5GB or 4GB one a few days ago.

Gonna try again later fellas.

Dec 16, 2015
17 posts
3 upvotes
BC
kapid11 wrote: I think they track your call history. With or without the rep leaving notes.

I'm not sure if they track your inquiry with them for Twitter/Facebook Messenger but I'm willing to bet that it's 65% that they don't. I usually just wait a bit after getting declined by one rep on Twitter & after a while message them again & it's a new rep you're talking to.

Keep trying folks!
Do you use the same Twitter account or make a new one?
Aug 20, 2019
412 posts
265 upvotes
Edmonton
chanho wrote: Do you use the same Twitter account or make a new one?
I have 3 different Twitter accounts to try to speed up my process. While i'm waiting for some time to pass in between my interaction with a rep on one account, I use the other accounts to try again.

Nov 8, 2005
553 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto
One of the fastest and easiest support call I had for so long - scheduled a call back and they called me within 10 seconds! The guy gave me the extra 4gb as soon as I told him about the FM deal. Go Koodo!
Nov 30, 2005
939 posts
228 upvotes
Leduc
chanho wrote: Do you use the same Twitter account or make a new one?
You don’t need new accounts they don’t keep your chat log. They will ask you to log into a verification page each time they look at your plan. That’s the only way they know who you are.

The only thing Koodo tracks is when you originally joined and the last time your plan was altered. It’s pretty easy for a rep to tell if you’re trying to milk them by the change history. Getting greedy or pushing too fast in a short span leads to failure unless you get really lucky with a rep. Most people got great plans over time.
Mar 9, 2012
23 posts
4 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
I scheduled a call back and an agent called me within 10 seconds! The guy gave me the extra 4gb as soon as I told him about the FM deal.
Thanks to RFD member for sharing...
Jun 14, 2008
65 posts
29 upvotes
Brockville, ON
I changed my plan last week and Koodo's website says I can't change my plan until November 6th. Would I be able to call in and get the 5GB add on before November 6th?
Last edited by hitman82 on Oct 23rd, 2020 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 20, 2019
412 posts
265 upvotes
Edmonton
microwave wrote: You don’t need new accounts they don’t keep your chat log. They will ask you to log into a verification page each time they look at your plan. That’s the only way they know who you are.

The only thing Koodo tracks is when you originally joined and the last time your plan was altered. It’s pretty easy for a rep to tell if you’re trying to milk them by the change history. Getting greedy or pushing too fast in a short span leads to failure unless you get really lucky with a rep. Most people got great plans over time.
When they are able to see the last time your plan was altered, does that also include being able to see when add-ons were added? I assumed add-ons are added to your specific phone number/line rather than a specific plan.

Nov 14, 2018
64 posts
47 upvotes
Vancouver,bc
Got 4GB add on for free just now. Rep says there is a problem with the 5GB add on code or something like that. Was able to get the callback within seconds too.
Aug 20, 2019
412 posts
265 upvotes
Edmonton
microwave wrote: You don’t need new accounts they don’t keep your chat log. They will ask you to log into a verification page each time they look at your plan. That’s the only way they know who you are.

I'm not sure if they verify everytime. I verified once on Twitter on October 21st, and then I messaged them again today but didn't have to verify again. The new agent immediately had access to my account. I was hoping the new agent couldn't see my previous chat logs lol.

Nov 30, 2005
939 posts
228 upvotes
Leduc
kapid11 wrote: When they are able to see the last time your plan was altered, does that also include being able to see when add-ons were added? I assumed add-ons are added to your specific phone number/line rather than a specific plan.
Yes all plan changes and add ons are tracked by date. Found out from one of the reps on messenger. Makes sense because some addons have expiry.
kapid11 wrote: I'm not sure if they verify everytime. I verified once on Twitter on October 21st, and then I messaged them again today but didn't have to verify again. The new agent immediately had access to my account. I was hoping the new agent couldn't see my previous chat logs lol.
Weird they’ve always asked me to verify every time I’ve contacted them. The only time I haven’t had to is when the case is still open. Once they send that survey link it should be closed.
Last edited by microwave on Oct 23rd, 2020 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)