Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo 4GB add on for FREE

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 12th, 2021 3:51 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2016
1521 posts
1540 upvotes
Rogido wrote: I have 4 lines. 2 PM migration lines for which they gave me the $0/5GB but removed the existing $0/2GB. I filed a ccts complaint asking to have the 2GB restored. So see how that turns out. Another line was $60/12GB which I downgraded to $50/4 + 5GB. I future-dated the change to the next billing cycle thinking maybe I can negotiate something better in the meantime. Now I'm kinda glad I didn't turn it down outright. The 4th line I was offered $35/1GB + $0/5GB via Facebook, and I rejected, and kept asking for 7GB total. So I've now replied on FB saying I will accept their previous offer. See how that goes! lol
The entitlement is strong in this one...they gave you free Data just because and you file a complaint? They should revert all changes and say: sorry no offers available to u!

If someone gets triggered please don't start a discussion that for what we pay more data should be available automatically. Change happens one step at a time Winking Face
Dec 17, 2011
83 posts
136 upvotes
Toronto
Got a call back, mentioned offer from freedom, got 4GB add on and it never expires. Thanks OP
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
13788 posts
3957 upvotes
VANCOUVER
vkizzle wrote: You filed a CCTS complaint, when you accepted the offers and plan changes?
That's right. My complain is that the rep was not honest. She said the system required her to remove the 2GB. Then I found out later other people were able to keep the existing 2GB.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35219 posts
21192 upvotes
Center of Universe
Rogido wrote: That's right. My complain is that the rep was not honest. She said the system required her to remove the 2GB. Then I found out later other people were able to keep the existing 2GB.
Then why did you accept it?
Why not argue right then and there?
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
13788 posts
3957 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Bubblegum86 wrote: The entitlement is strong in this one...they gave you free Data just because and you file a complaint? They should revert all changes and say: sorry no offers available to u!

If someone gets triggered please don't start a discussion that for what we pay more data should be available automatically. Change happens one step at a time Winking Face
I have had 4 lines with them (at time up to 5, plus prepaid plans) for many years. Damn right I'm entitled to fair treatment! Anyway, ccts accepted the complaint. I'm just taking what the system allows.
Aug 20, 2019
419 posts
268 upvotes
Edmonton
vkizzle wrote: Then why did you accept it?
They did mention that they found that out later rather than at the moment of the phone call.
8/10 times I just decide I don't need to buy & find a way to make do without. (Necessity is the mother of invention)

"Works 60% of the time every time."
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
13788 posts
3957 upvotes
VANCOUVER
vkizzle wrote: Then why did you accept it?
I did argue. She said the system would not let her even if she wanted to.
Aug 17, 2017
230 posts
220 upvotes
Rogido wrote: I have had 4 lines with them (at time up to 5, plus prepaid plans) for many years. Damn right I'm entitled to fair treatment! Anyway, ccts accepted the complaint. I'm just taking what the system allows.
Koodo took away my 1GB add on when they added my 5GB add on. Im not filing a complaint wasting CCTS time.
Aug 20, 2019
419 posts
268 upvotes
Edmonton
xCameron94x wrote: Koodo took away my 1GB add on when they added my 5GB add on. Im not filing a complaint wasting CCTS time.
8/10 times I just decide I don't need to buy & find a way to make do without. (Necessity is the mother of invention)

"Works 60% of the time every time."
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
13788 posts
3957 upvotes
VANCOUVER
xCameron94x wrote: Koodo took away my 1GB add on when they added my 5GB add on. Im not filing a complaint wasting CCTS time.
Good for you, but ccts is there for a reason. Also, they have the option of accepting or rejecting the file, and obviously they decided the issue I filed for is within their mandate. Not saying I would ultimately be successful, but nothing ventured nothing gained. CCTS is there to hold the telcos' feet to the fire. If you don't fight for your rights, they will bend you over and even ask you to supply your own vaseline!
Jan 9, 2003
449 posts
271 upvotes
Ajax
I was just setup today with the 4GB addon. I have the $40/6GB migration plan. I contacted them via Facebook chat. I was answered a couple of days ago, went thru a confirmation of my account, then the rep stopped replying. Yesterday I followed up again, and today finally had a different rep answer. They added the 4GB right away no questions asked. Give it a try.
JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo wrote: Just got a call back and got rejected.

They say they can't add the 4GB add-on to a plan that costs less than $45/mth. (I'm on a 6GB for $40 plan.)

Anyone else get this response? Any suggestions on what to do next?
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2016
1521 posts
1540 upvotes
Rogido wrote: I have had 4 lines with them (at time up to 5, plus prepaid plans) for many years. Damn right I'm entitled to fair treatment! Anyway, ccts accepted the complaint. I'm just taking what the system allows.
System does not allow $2GB Bonus to be stacked with the 5GB Bonus (hence the replacement). If someone would have told me it is possible to get $35/10+GB in Canada 2 years ago i would have laughed at them Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Jan 18, 2009
120 posts
61 upvotes
Leask
I just got the 5gb deal on both lines using FB $45/12gb
Nov 30, 2005
943 posts
228 upvotes
Leduc
Success of stacking 4GB on top of the 5GB is going to be very limited. Better off letting your account cool down and then trying for a better add on. Only a matter of time before a larger data add on is offered that we can try and stack or swap the 4/5GB out for.
Penalty Box
Apr 15, 2011
4189 posts
891 upvotes
Scarborough
Koodo offered me their promotional plan of $45 for 8gb when I have the $40/6gb plan.

Virgin mobile is offering a $45/8gb plan no need to go through all the hoops.
Aug 31, 2009
757 posts
527 upvotes
Toronto
DealOrNoDeal55 wrote: A friend in the business also mentioned with 5g coming soon thats why giving the free gb to support some of their services like streaming.

Personally, i aint using 5g until the scientific community can definitely say there are no health risks
They said the exact same thing to wifi routers Face With Tears Of Joy
Aug 31, 2009
757 posts
527 upvotes
Toronto
Rogido wrote: I have 4 lines. 2 PM migration lines for which they gave me the $0/5GB but removed the existing $0/2GB. I filed a ccts complaint asking to have the 2GB restored. So see how that turns out. Another line was $60/12GB which I downgraded to $50/4 + 5GB. I future-dated the change to the next billing cycle thinking maybe I can negotiate something better in the meantime. Now I'm kinda glad I didn't turn it down outright. The 4th line I was offered $35/1GB + $0/5GB via Facebook, and I rejected, and kept asking for 7GB total. So I've now replied on FB saying I will accept their previous offer. See how that goes! lol
please update once you hear back from ccts
Last edited by cdfegab on Oct 24th, 2020 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 2, 2006
541 posts
95 upvotes
Bradford
How could you downvote this?
Penalty Box
Apr 15, 2011
4189 posts
891 upvotes
Scarborough
pjw918 wrote: Virgin charges $150/GB overage.
And they don't do shock-free.
Ouch, thanks for the reminder. I used to have them and forgot how scummy of a company they were. $10,500 for a phone bill, I mean wow. Also what is that lady doing using 172gb of data in a month. Does she not have internet??