Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo 4GB add on for FREE

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 12th, 2021 3:51 pm
Aug 31, 2009
756 posts
527 upvotes
Toronto
Bubblegum86 wrote: System does not allow $2GB Bonus to be stacked with the 5GB Bonus (hence the replacement). If someone would have told me it is possible to get $35/10+GB in Canada 2 years ago i would have laughed at them Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Not true. I saw at least 10 people have had the 2gb stacked with the 5gb
Someone even had 2gb + 5gb + 4gb all stacked.
Oct 18, 2020
48 posts
37 upvotes
blaznazn22 wrote: Koodo offered me their promotional plan of $45 for 8gb when I have the $40/6gb plan.

Virgin mobile is offering a $45/8gb plan no need to go through all the hoops.
Can you please link that $45/8GB plan. I see it for $60/8GB when you byop and 2GB for $45.
Last edited by wes786 on Oct 24th, 2020 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 20, 2019
412 posts
265 upvotes
Edmonton
cdfegab wrote: Not true. I saw at least 10 people have had the 2gb stacked with the 5gb
Someone even had 2gb + 5gb + 4gb all stacked.
Correct. That's why at least in my personal opinion it's not a bad idea to at least give it a shot with a couple different reps in hopes that one of them is unaware of their policy of not stacking $0 Add-ons & hope they end up stacking a 4GB add-on on top of the 5GB add-on we already got this week.

We're looking for more value for our hard-earned money, folks. Why throw it all away to big telecoms?
8/10 times I just decide I don't need to buy & find a way to make do without. (Necessity is the mother of invention)

"Works 60% of the time every time."
Oct 18, 2020
48 posts
37 upvotes
kapid11 wrote: Correct. That's why at least in my personal opinion it's not a bad idea to at least give it a shot with a couple different reps in hopes that one of them is unaware of their policy of not stacking $0 Add-ons & hope they end up stacking a 4GB add-on on top of the 5GB add-on we already got this week.

We're looking for more value for our hard-earned money, folks. Why throw it all away to big telecoms?

I tried and got 3 different reps, they all rejected! I could only get the 5GB add on last week. But definitely worth a try for those who haven’t already.
Apr 10, 2020
260 posts
983 upvotes
kapid11 wrote: Correct. That's why at least in my personal opinion it's not a bad idea to at least give it a shot with a couple different reps in hopes that one of them is unaware of their policy of not stacking $0 Add-ons & hope they end up stacking a 4GB add-on on top of the 5GB add-on we already got this week.

I think it was only a one-off for that person. So far it doesn't seem like anyone else got the 4GB stacked with the 5GB add-on. Everyone else got rejected.
Aug 20, 2019
412 posts
265 upvotes
Edmonton
GeneralStore wrote: I think it was only a one-off for that person. So far it doesn't seem like anyone else got the 4GB stacked with the 5GB add-on. Everyone else got rejected.
Oh yeah, that's definitely true for sure.
8/10 times I just decide I don't need to buy & find a way to make do without. (Necessity is the mother of invention)

"Works 60% of the time every time."
Feb 20, 2019
39 posts
22 upvotes
mech9t5 wrote: I would argue it isn't free. Freedom is offering 11gb for $35 and a free phone.

So unless you are already getting 11gb for $35, it isn't free. That's the problem with the big 3, their mentality is that you should grovel at their feet for throwing you a bone.

Heck, I even asked if I could PAY for extra data as someone mentioned there is a $5 4gb or option a $5 2gb option.

Why wouldn't they want more money from me? Because they are playing games. They think if you need more data, you will move to a more expensive plan.

They only offer paid data add-ons to people who DONT need it because they will NEVER move to a more expensive plan.

That mentality is the complete opposite of customer service. Let's sell cheap addons to people who don't need it. People who need it can go f themselves and take the overpriced ones.
Very well said. I don’t really think it cost them much to add few gbs.. in Canada we pay a lot for cellular services anyways
Jan 5, 2011
30 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto, Canada
Scheduled a call Friday afternoon via website and got a phone call immediately. I was connected with a rep who said the 5GB add-on expired Wednesday (Oct 21) but that they could do 4GB instead with a caveat of the system only allowing it to be applied to minimum $45 plans.

Thanks to the power of RFD(!) I was polite and let the rep know I knew family and friends who were able to get the add-on for $35 and even $40 plan like mine. She told me to hold while she sought some help from the Support Team. I got a really nice rep who sighed when he heard that I wanted to apply the 4GB add-on. I made a joke about how I'm sure they're slammed with these calls lately and I really appreciated his help. He laughed and said I was the 35th caller to ask about this promotion and his day started at 9am (it was 3:30pm) and could help me out.

All in all, I'm happy with $43/12GB (I have a +3 Visual Voicemail add-on, though it used to be $2 *grumble*) and to confirm what others said, the add-on is permanent so long as you don't change your plan.

Thank you very much OP and RFD!

Edit: P.S, try to be nice to your rep. Not just for better negotiating but y'know, kindness during a pandemic should never be a bad thing or afterthought.
Last edited by Yakkie on Oct 24th, 2020 9:55 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Oct 2020 > Koodo $40/8GB + 4GB free add-on
Aug 2018 > PM to Koodo - $180 credit, 5GB for $35 / 8GB for $40
Nov 2016 > PM - 12GB/$120/90 day ($40/4GB)
Penalty Box
Apr 15, 2011
4172 posts
853 upvotes
Scarborough
wes786 wrote: Can you please link that $45/8GB plan. I see it for $60/8GB when you byop and 2GB for $45.
It was a mail offer. I guess I got it because I was an ex customer in the past. You can try calling them and asking about it though.
Apr 30, 2007
43 posts
37 upvotes
Big Thanks to OP and RFD!

Checking into RFD occasionally really pays off. I arranged a callback via Koodo site, bam, call comes in a few minutes. I mentioned the Freedom deal and the rep immediately offered me the 5GB add on. The easiest and most pleasant chat with the rep. Rep mentioned that any changes to the plan would remove the 5GB add on.

Started with $45/8GB, now both of my lines are $45/13GB. Amazeballs.
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2007
1246 posts
110 upvotes
Ontario
My friend used Twitter to contact Koodo on Tuesday evening for the 5GB promo and sent a follow up message on Thursday, but never heard back. They finally got a response today apologizing for the delayed response and told them that they’re overwhelmed with lots of messages. They said the promotion for free 5GB data add-on was over, but since they contacted them before the end of the promotion they would honour the free 5GB data add-on.

If you contacted them on Twitter and didn’t hear back, I would send a follow up message and see what they can offer.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2001
1445 posts
139 upvotes
Last month I was on the $60/12GB plan, then downgraded to the $50/9GB plan.

Found this thread, didn't get a call back until today (waited 2 days). Rep said 5Gb add on offer expired already,but offered me a 4Gb add on instead. However, they then realized that I already had a 5Gb add on so they couldn't proceed.

I didn't pursue it further, but the rep then offered me a $50/12Gb plan. I took it.

So a long story to say I went from $60/12gb to $50/12gb.

Thanks OP!
Aug 28, 2010
51 posts
8 upvotes
Yakkie wrote: Scheduled a call via website and got a phone call immediately. I was connected with a rep who said the 5GB add-on expired Wednesday (Oct 21) but that they could do 4GB instead with a caveat of the system only allowing it to be applied to minimum $45 plans.

Thanks to the power of RFD(!) I was polite and let the rep know I knew family and friends who were able to get the add-on on $35 and even $40 plan like mine. She told me to hold while she sought some help from the Support Team. I got a really nice rep who sighed when he heard that I wanted to the 4GB add-on. I made a joke about how I'm sure they were slammed with these calls and I really appreciated his help. He laughed and said I was the 35th caller to ask about this promotion and his day started at 9am (it was 3:30pm).

All in all, I'm happy with $43/12GB (I have a +3 Visual Voicemail add-on, though it used to be $2 *grumble*) and to confirm what others said, the add-on is permanent so long as you don't change your plan.

Thank you very much OP and RFD!

Edit: P.S, try to be nice to your rep. Not just for better negotiating but y'know, kindness during a pandemic should never be a bad thing or afterthought.
Did you get this today (Sat 10/24)?
Jan 5, 2011
30 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto, Canada
01jayss wrote: Did you get this today (Sat 10/24)?
Nope 01jayss, I set up my call yesterday Friday, Oct 23 around 2:30pm - 3:30pm. I'll edit my post to reflect that incase this offer changed yet again. Did you have any luck?
Aug 28, 2010
51 posts
8 upvotes
Yakkie wrote: Nope 01jayss, I set up my call yesterday Friday, Oct 23 around 2:30pm - 3:30pm. I'll edit my post to reflect that incase this offer changed yet again. Did you have any luck?
Thanks - I called yesterday Fri 10/23 around 4pm ET too. Was routed to South American call center, they said they could not apply 4 GB data add-on as "this add-on doesn't exist".

I called again today Sat 10/24 around 1pm ET too and was routed to Quebec call center, they said 4GB data add-on could only be applied to $45+ / mth plans, so no luck either.

I am on $40 / 8 GB plan.
Jan 5, 2011
30 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto, Canada
01jayss wrote: Thanks - I called yesterday Fri 10/23 around 4pm ET too. Was routed to South American call center, they said they could not apply 4 GB data add-on as "this add-on doesn't exist".

I called again today Sat 10/24 around 1pm ET too and was routed to Quebec call center, they said 4GB data add-on could only be applied to $45+ / mth plans, so no luck either.

I am on $40 / 8 GB plan.
If it were me I'd try again tomorrow with another rep and mention that your friends and family were able to get it on their $35 and $40 plans respectively if your rep mentions the 4gb add-on has to be on $45 plans.

Some RFD'ers have written on here that it took them a couple to even 8 calls(!) to get either the 5GB earlier this week or the 4GB deal after Wednesday, but I have no idea if the 4GB promo expired today (Saturday).
Mar 14, 2010
278 posts
136 upvotes
Toronto
I first tried to request the 5G through the useless help assistant on the Koodo website I asked how to cancel my account. The assistant refused to recognize the word "cancel" despite several tries! :facepalm: I switched to Facebook chat and was told it might take a day for them to get back. And the next day a nice rep gave me the 5 Gigs, telling me they were permanent unless I bought a new phone or switched plans, $45 for plan with 11 gigs. My rep was very helpful and I gave her a great evaluation to keep her in a good mood for the next customer. Smiling Face With Open Mouth Many thanks to the OP and people sharing their experience dealing with reps and their various responses.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2006
2847 posts
737 upvotes
Vancouver
When 4gb was added, rep did not mention losing it due to a new phone tab or switching plans.

Are these good assumptions to remember? I'm confused.
Dec 20, 2014
28 posts
9 upvotes
Milton, ON
Could not have multiple free add ons so rep upgraded plan (more gigs same cost) and added 5 free gigs.
Nov 16, 2013
360 posts
195 upvotes
Toronto
RishabhK82112 wrote: just got off the phone with a rep(callback) after chat.

asked for iphone 12 $33(&change) tab $45(2gb plan)

promo 1: 120 bill credit on activation ($5 a month)
promo 2: activation credit $40
promo 3: they said old bonus data promo has expired, now we only have 4GB data bonus which you can get.

so $368 upfront, $40 activation waived, $73/month for 6GB + iphone 12.

not bad? warm? hot?
This gives me hope. I would be a new (former) customer hoping to get the same plan (but don't need a new phone). Did they make it sound like you could only get this plan because you wanted the phone?