Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo 4GB add on for FREE

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 12th, 2021 3:51 pm
Oct 18, 2020
48 posts
37 upvotes
pookguy wrote: I got the same response as well. Was advised that they had to remove the bonus 2GB to add the 4GB. I gave them the spiel about additional GB and what was advertised and the CSR told me it was the best that they could do. Told them I'd cancel as well...they did not budge whatsoever. I'm still considering cancelling within the 15 days if something isn't better offered in a few day when I give them another call.

Yeah lately, they’ve been ok with letting customers leave because of other offers. Its really hard these days to get them to throw free stuff in. Its a very YMMV experience and depending on the rep who picks up the phone, and their mood you can either get a great deal or nothing at all.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2011
1151 posts
811 upvotes
Whitby
pookguy wrote: I got the same response as well. Was advised that they had to remove the bonus 2GB to add the 4GB. I gave them the spiel about additional GB and what was advertised and the CSR told me it was the best that they could do. Told them I'd cancel as well...they did not budge whatsoever. I'm still considering cancelling within the 15 days if something isn't better offered in a few day when I give them another call.
Yeah, I'll probably cancel too. I'm not too happy with the phone too, LG velvet feels wierd due to its unusual length.
Koodo Mobile | Stack | Lyft | Instagram
Oct 5, 2010
99 posts
59 upvotes
Brampton
For those that got the +4GB on the $45 2+2 plan (-$10 for total of 8gb for $35), when you log into your account and check your plan, does it show 2gb base + 2 free + 4 free? If so could you please post a screenshot with just this info. Did you get it though retention or lvl 1 agent?
Thanks
Aug 9, 2008
61 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto
My Koodo plan was:

$45/month
4 GB + $0 4 GB = 8 GB
Nationwide talk/text
1000 LD minutes

I called them and they refused to give me anything outside of a $100 bill credit to apply on tab mid.

I then called Fido and got the following:

$45/ month
4 GB + $0 3 GB = 7 GB
Nationwide Talk/Text
1000 LD minutes
$145 Bill credit after 2-3 months ($100 Bill credit + $45 is for waiving the activation fee)
-$10 /month bill credit for 24 months
Google PIxel 5 at $20 a month

Summary: $35/month + $20/month for Pixel 5 = $55 + Tax.

Savings = +$240 over the next 2 years over my plan with koodo. I think its a good time to change.

Question: If i were to return the phone as soon as I get it, would I keep the same plan? The reason why I am asking, is that if I secure the plan now - I could conceivably return the phone for a full refund and then wait until boxing day promotions to take advantage of retail partner promotions (like additional gift card bonus). Anybody know if thats doable?
Aug 2, 2017
100 posts
14 upvotes
I'm currently on $45 12gb with koodo, 4gb is the add-on. I qualify for the Telus EPP $50 20gb but don't really need more data and would rather pay less.

I've scheduled a callback with koodo, what should I be asking for this time around?
Aug 20, 2019
415 posts
266 upvotes
Edmonton
Madmax29 wrote: I'm currently on $45 12gb with koodo, 4gb is the add-on. I qualify for the Telus EPP $50 20gb but don't really need more data and would rather pay less.

I've scheduled a callback with koodo, what should I be asking for this time around?
Also wondering this, would really help out. Thanks!
8/10 times I just decide I don't need to buy & find a way to make do without. (Necessity is the mother of invention)

"Works 60% of the time every time."
Aug 2, 2017
100 posts
14 upvotes
Madmax29 wrote: I'm currently on $45 12gb with koodo, 4gb is the add-on. I qualify for the Telus EPP $50 20gb but don't really need more data and would rather pay less.

kapid11 wrote: Also wondering this, would really help out. Thanks!
The rep said my plan is expired, and can only offer $5x4 months. I've scheduled another call back for today, not impressed!

I'm rethinking jumping on the EPP now.
Aug 20, 2019
415 posts
266 upvotes
Edmonton
Madmax29 wrote: The rep said my plan is expired, and can only offer $5x4 months. I've scheduled another call back for today, not impressed!

I'm rethinking jumping on the EPP now.
Yeah that's a pretty bad impression from them. Every plan is technically expired since Koodo change's plans so frequently.

It's up to the customer to hold on to a good plan since every time Koodo makes a new in-market plan for naive folks, they're all bad. Jumping on the EPP may be a good call.

I'm surprised they said it was expired. I was on a really old MB/SK plan from like 2017 & it was expired but I did a hardware upgrade in Dec 2019 & they were able to apply a $10 off for 15 months credit. I didn't even think to try to negotiate a $10/24 months credit in order to sweeten the deal for a commitment with them.

I guess ya snooze ya lose. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
8/10 times I just decide I don't need to buy & find a way to make do without. (Necessity is the mother of invention)

Aug 2, 2017
100 posts
14 upvotes
kapid11 wrote: Yeah that's a pretty bad impression from them. Every plan is technically expired since Koodo change's plans so frequently.

It's up to the customer to hold on to a good plan since every time Koodo makes a new in-market plan for naive folks, they're all bad. Jumping on the EPP may be a good call.

I'm surprised they said it was expired. I was on a really old MB/SK plan from like 2017 & it was expired but I did a hardware upgrade in Dec 2019 & they were able to apply a $10 off for 15 months credit. I didn't even think to try to negotiate a $10/24 months credit in order to sweeten the deal for a commitment with them.

I guess ya snooze ya lose. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I hear ya, it makes no sense. He tried to sell me on an in-market plan, I explained it makes no sense as the EPP is $5 more and 20gb(throttled unlim after) or alternatively $5 less and 12gb with freedom. $5x4 is insulting... And apparently he isn't even allowed to offer that but I'm a long time customer.... Right lol.

My next call back is coming up, we'll see how that goes 🤞
Last edited by Madmax29 on Nov 28th, 2020 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 16, 2011
325 posts
231 upvotes
I'm on the $35/5GB plan from Public Mobile Migration and I successfully got the 5GB add on a few weeks back.

However I really don't use that much data, I wasn't even making use of my first 5GB.

How are people getting $10 off for 24 months? I don't want to change my plan or upgrade my hardware, and I'd even give up the 5GB they offered me... I just want $10 off for 24 months.

Has anyone successfully got this?
Jan 13, 2009
280 posts
185 upvotes
Toronto
SillyRabbit wrote: I'm on the $35/5GB plan from Public Mobile Migration and I successfully got the 5GB add on a few weeks back.

However I really don't use that much data, I wasn't even making use of my first 5GB.

How are people getting $10 off for 24 months? I don't want to change my plan or upgrade my hardware, and I'd even give up the 5GB they offered me... I just want $10 off for 24 months.

Has anyone successfully got this?
Don’t think they are giving out $10 credits on PM migration plans...you could call and find out?
Aug 2, 2017
100 posts
14 upvotes
All they offered me was $5x6months now, 2 additional months. I will more than likely be switching to the EPP $50 20gb.
Aug 20, 2019
415 posts
266 upvotes
Edmonton
Madmax29 wrote: All they offered me was $5x6months now, 2 additional months. I will more than likely be switching to the EPP $50 20gb.
Probably try through Facebook Messenger or Twitter if you want while you're waiting in the process to switch to EPP & see if they offer anything different there. A $10/x months pretty much guarantees commitment for them

Aug 20, 2019
415 posts
266 upvotes
Edmonton
Madmax29 wrote: I hear ya, it makes no sense. He tried to sell me on an in-market plan, I explained it makes no sense as the EPP is $5 more and 20gb(throttled unlim after) or alternatively $5 less and 12gb with freedom. $5x4 is insulting... And apparently he isn't even allowed to offer that but I'm a long time customer.... Right lol.

My next call back is coming up, we'll see how that goes 🤞
Damn, sell you an in-market plan, what a joke. It's like he should have been able to guess from your $45/12 GB plan that an in-market would be an immediate decline from you LOL

$5 off for 4 months is pretty disrespectful loool It's like they're taunting you with that. It woulda just been more polite had they offered nothing instead imo. Tough times I guess.

Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
1717 posts
145 upvotes
kapid11 wrote: Damn, sell you an in-market plan, what a joke. It's like he should have been able to guess from your $45/12 GB plan that an in-market would be an immediate decline from you LOL

$5 off for 4 months is pretty disrespectful loool It's like they're taunting you with that. It woulda just been more polite had they offered nothing instead imo. Tough times I guess.
Nowadays it seems Koodo has become quite cheap and doesn't seem to give a crap about their long-time customers. I just switched my mother over to Zoomer today. No games, no bs. I'll be following along shortly once zoomer gets some better phones like a pixel 4a or something.
Aug 2, 2017
100 posts
14 upvotes
kapid11 wrote: Probably try through Facebook Messenger or Twitter if you want while you're waiting in the process to switch to EPP & see if they offer anything different there. A $10/x months pretty much guarantees commitment for them
Tbh I don't think it is worth the hassle at this point. I spent about 30min on the first call, and 60 minutes on the second. Unless he just put me on hold for the hell of it(which I doubt), he tried - seemed like a nice enough dude but who knows...
kapid11 wrote: Damn, sell you an in-market plan, what a joke. It's like he should have been able to guess from your $45/12 GB plan that an in-market would be an immediate decline from you LOL

Yes, I immediately pointed out well what for? I could jump on an unlimited EPP for $50, or 12gb $40 w/Freedom. I even leveraged the data breach that happened some time ago where I was effected, but no-go.

The bad experience almost makes me not want to even get the EPP from telus out of spite lol.
Aug 2, 2017
100 posts
14 upvotes
wolf30 wrote: Nowadays it seems Koodo has become quite cheap and doesn't seem to give a crap about their long-time customers. I just switched my mother over to Zoomer today. No games, no bs. I'll be following along shortly once zoomer gets some better phones like a pixel 4a or something.
Seems to be the case, but in their defense they did top me up with the free 4gb less than a month ago - in a way I wish they didn't though, it'd make the decision to jump on the EPP easier.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
9637 posts
62267 upvotes
Ontario
is this still eligible for new acticvation with their current

$45-$10 = $35/4gb plan?
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
3236 posts
4396 upvotes
BC
Madmax29 wrote: Seems to be the case, but in their defense they did top me up with the free 4gb less than a month ago - in a way I wish they didn't though, it'd make the decision to jump on the EPP easier.
Have your calls been with the front line reps or are you being transferred to loyalty?
Aug 20, 2019
415 posts
266 upvotes
Edmonton
wolf30 wrote: Nowadays it seems Koodo has become quite cheap and doesn't seem to give a crap about their long-time customers. I just switched my mother over to Zoomer today. No games, no bs. I'll be following along shortly once zoomer gets some better phones like a pixel 4a or something.
Koodo's definitely dropped a bit in quality over the last bit of time. I don't count the 4/5GB add-on in particular as being nice to their customers cuz it was only to response back to Freedom Mobile. Anytime you contact Koodo now all of their reps, loyalty & supervisors are kinda like stingy. The upsell is kinda insulting when it's obvious why it's bad.

Probably in the same boat as you my friend. The moment my contract's finished with Koodo imma bandwagon Zoomer too for a nice monthly BOYD Smiling Face With Sunglasses

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)