[Koodo] Koodo 4GB add on for FREE

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 12th, 2021 3:51 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
3231 posts
4390 upvotes
BC
terracotta92 wrote: promo is still active. i got it on my 2 existing lines. just talked to a regular rep. i tried getting it on my $25 unli call/text no data plans but the rep said it's only for $45+ plans. i tried getting the -$10 discount on my existing line but did not work.

Line 1: $60 10GB + $0 4GB = $60 14GB

Line 2: $45 2GB + 2GB promo + $0 3GB add-on + $0 4GB promo - $10 discount 24 months = ~$35 11GB
Did you just mention freedom or ask for the add-on directly? My buddy just signed up with Koodo ($45/2gb+2gb) and I'm sure he wouldn't mind the extra data.

TIA
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2018
1296 posts
1058 upvotes
peakingduck wrote: Did you just mention freedom or ask for the add-on directly? My buddy just signed up with Koodo ($45/2gb+2gb) and I'm sure he wouldn't mind the extra data.

TIA
i mentioned "koodo's 4GB add-on in response to freedom mobile's promo".

also, didn't your buddy get the extra $0 3GB when he signed up for the $45 plan? and the -$10 discount?
Sep 17, 2008
776 posts
291 upvotes
BC
Has anyone able to stack this with the $25 talk and text only plan? Trying to search but only found the $26 for 10GB on the first page without any details...
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
3231 posts
4390 upvotes
BC
terracotta92 wrote: i mentioned "koodo's 4GB add-on in response to freedom mobile's promo".

also, didn't your buddy get the extra $0 3GB when he signed up for the $45 plan? and the -$10 discount?
Thanks! He got the $10/24 months but not sure about the 3gb bonus. I'll check in with him.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2018
1296 posts
1058 upvotes
lyh_chnxm wrote: Has anyone able to stack this with the $25 talk and text only plan? Trying to search but only found the $26 for 10GB on the first page without any details...
nope, didn't work. would have been great though.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2012
1045 posts
15 upvotes
Ottawa, Ontario
Wow I requested a call back from Koodo and the best they could do was $45 for 6gb or $50 for 8g. so i guess the $40 for 4gb is probably a keeper in our case.
I mentioned the existing deal with Freedom mobile for 12gb is $40 if you BYOP but he didn't budge.

https://www.freedommobile.ca/en-CA/brin ... edom%202GB

Should I have asked to talk to upper management or something?
May 14, 2020
8 posts
2 upvotes
Hello,

Current plan: $40/6gb in Ontario

I had a talk with the rep, she said if I can provide a phone number someone having this deal add on 4/5gb on their plan. That she will add the 4gb on to my plan. So can someone please send me their number private If this can be done in Ontario. Their plan must be $40 and lower then she will add the 4/5gb only.
Oct 28, 2013
74 posts
20 upvotes
Vancouver
I requested a callback and asked if they can match the freedom deal for 11gb for $35, they said they will check what offers I had available in BC. After waiting for 5 mins he said that he able to offer me an additional 4gb on my $45 plan when I signed up with Koodo around November 25th, 2020.

Thanks OP for this !

Current plan : 8 GB for $45 plus 4gb add-on
Dec 28, 2019
80 posts
29 upvotes
Not sure if anyone knows....
1) I got the 5GB add on and the CS told me it is permanent a while ago.
2) I went to Walmart and got a pixel 5 in the BF. The sales rep told me it can make the tab charge to -$10/24mo if I keep using the $45/mo plan. So, I have to pay for $55/mo+tax.
3) I found out the add on is gone and I scheduled a call back, to request to get the add on back. The CS asked me if I want to revert the plan to the original plan and I told him I wanted my 5GB add on back.
4) Now, the 5GB add on is back but I don't see the -$10 on the tab thing. (I haven't seen that even before I scheduled the call back)

Should the -$10/mo thing show up in my plan or I have to wait for the next bill? Thank you very much in advance!
Jul 7, 2004
335 posts
151 upvotes
BadBichLover wrote: Not sure if anyone knows....
1) I got the 5GB add on and the CS told me it is permanent a while ago.
2) I went to Walmart and got a pixel 5 in the BF. The sales rep told me it can make the tab charge to -$10/24mo if I keep using the $45/mo plan. So, I have to pay for $55/mo+tax.
3) I found out the add on is gone and I scheduled a call back, to request to get the add on back. The CS asked me if I want to revert the plan to the original plan and I told him I wanted my 5GB add on back.
4) Now, the 5GB add on is back but I don't see the -$10 on the tab thing. (I haven't seen that even before I scheduled the call back)

Should the -$10/mo thing show up in my plan or I have to wait for the next bill? Thank you very much in advance!
You have to wait for the next bill. $10 credit shows in Monthly and Other Charges. You can contact customer service to verify if you want to know sooner.
( TELUS = Koodo = Public > CMLink ) ( ROGERS = Fido = Chatr > Zoomer = Cityfone > 7-Eleven = Petro Canada ) ( BELL = Virgin = Lucky > President Choice ) ( SHAW = Freedom ) Listed by network not ranking.
Oct 18, 2020
48 posts
37 upvotes
For any one with $45+ plan the $0 4GB add-on is still available and easily put on the plan if requested. My cousin just got it done on his $45/4GB plan so now he has $45/8GB.
Dec 28, 2019
80 posts
29 upvotes
net_essential wrote: You have to wait for the next bill. $10 credit shows in Monthly and Other Charges. You can contact customer service to verify if you want to know sooner.
Thank you very much for the information. Probably I will wait for now. Hopefully, it is there and I won't need to call and wait hours for it. :)
Oct 18, 2020
48 posts
37 upvotes
5GB bonus with $5 off monthly for 24 months is back in my account. $40/7GB is not a bad plan for two years then $45 afterwards (see attached) YMMV.
Images
  • 08D3BC32-97FA-4629-A885-20F845585DAA.jpeg
Dec 7, 2020
4 posts
5 upvotes
I got a $45/month on black Friday with Koodo. The website said it's 2+ 4gb data bonus, but the confirmation email said it's 2+2gb data. I requested a callback and talked to a costumer agent, I asked them if they could give me a better deal as freedom has 12gb for $40/month. They said it's the best they can do. I requested to be transferred to a supervisor, the supervisor said that I'm getting a "good deal" (4gb is not a good deal, it's a joke). I cancelled my plan and phone order, don't waste your time.
May 3, 2010
73 posts
27 upvotes
Vancouver
I switched from my old PM deal to this deal right before this current promo started... Any options? I'm all ready getting 5gb "free" Grimacing Face
Images
  • Screenshot_20201208_101620_com.android.chrome.jpg
May 22, 2014
162 posts
145 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I've recently signed up for their $40/6gb add another line $35/7gb in store black Friday week deal. Does anyone know if it's possible to stack the 5gb addon with my fresh account?
Oct 18, 2020
48 posts
37 upvotes
davidguy wrote: I've recently signed up for their $40/6gb add another line $35/7gb in store black Friday week deal. Does anyone know if it's possible to stack the 5gb addon with my fresh account?
It depends on the rep you talk to, their mood, generosity & authority. People have gotten lucky by stacking multiple free data add-ons on $35 plans. You wont know unless you contact.
Oct 18, 2020
48 posts
37 upvotes
shaiedge wrote: I switched from my old PM deal to this deal right before this current promo started... Any options? I'm all ready getting 5gb "free" Grimacing Face

Call them and tell them that there is a current offer of $45/4GB while keeping the 5GB add-on. Give it a shot, you may save $5 monthly.
Jul 7, 2004
335 posts
151 upvotes
BadBichLover wrote: Thank you very much for the information. Probably I will wait for now. Hopefully, it is there and I won't need to call and wait hours for it. :)
When you call Koodo customer service. IVR ( Interactive Voice Response) usually ask you if you want to have a representative call you back. So you don't actually hold the phone for hours.
( TELUS = Koodo = Public > CMLink ) ( ROGERS = Fido = Chatr > Zoomer = Cityfone > 7-Eleven = Petro Canada ) ( BELL = Virgin = Lucky > President Choice ) ( SHAW = Freedom ) Listed by network not ranking.
Dec 22, 2013
109 posts
146 upvotes
East york
Rogido wrote: Is your phone tracking over the same time period as Koodo though?
Yes exactly same dates. 16th of each month is my cycles start date.