Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo 4GB add on for FREE

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 12th, 2021 3:51 pm
Oct 29, 2013
117 posts
98 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
thedanieltruong wrote: I have the $60/12GB a Month, anyone have success with this plan?
I'm in Vancouver BC and saw these plans at Koodo today. Royal city mall in New Westminster.
Images
  • IMG_20201215_143025.jpg
  • IMG_20201215_143021.jpg
Nov 30, 2005
940 posts
228 upvotes
Leduc
mfu1026 wrote: I'm in Vancouver BC and saw these plans at Koodo today. Royal city mall in New Westminster.
Need to verify if these are store/province specific or if they can be had by retentions.
If retentions can swap my $35/1GB + 5GB to $35/4GB + 5GB that be Ok Hand Sign
Aug 20, 2019
415 posts
266 upvotes
Edmonton
mfu1026 wrote: I'm in Vancouver BC and saw these plans at Koodo today. Royal city mall in New Westminster.
Are these prices permanent or are they the price after some sort of discount?

Feels like these are the prices after some sort of temporary discount. Like the $5 off for 24 months discount.
8/10 times I just decide I don't need to buy & find a way to make do without. (Necessity is the mother of invention)

"Works 60% of the time every time."
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2015
1822 posts
767 upvotes
Antarctica
pakilarka2003 wrote: My
Wife has 40$ plan with 6 gb, she called and they will not add 4gb citing min plan 45$. After alot of run around, they only added 1gb. I told her port out this is BS
If you dont need 10gb data, Zoomer is a better and cheaper alternative with their 40.5/6 and 45/7 plans plus extra credit from $150-200 that sweetens the deal. And you get to miss playing the rep roulette to beg for more data as a "loyal customer".
Oct 29, 2013
117 posts
98 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
kapid11 wrote: Are these prices permanent or are they the price after some sort of discount?

Feels like these are the prices after some sort of temporary discount. Like the $5 off for 24 months discount.
No idea, he didn't specify and I didn't ask. I was in a hurry . Didn't think to ask for retention either :(
Oct 24, 2019
36 posts
66 upvotes
Did any existing Koodo customer successfully got upgraded to these plans?
Aug 20, 2019
415 posts
266 upvotes
Edmonton
szzhangyp wrote: Can a brand new Koodo user get this 4GB addon?
Doesn't hurt to call in & try. You should inquire once or twice if you really need it.

Might be something decent on boxing day too
8/10 times I just decide I don't need to buy & find a way to make do without. (Necessity is the mother of invention)

"Works 60% of the time every time."
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
13766 posts
3925 upvotes
VANCOUVER
microwave wrote: Need to verify if these are store/province specific or if they can be had by retentions.
If retentions can swap my $35/1GB + 5GB to $35/4GB + 5GB that be Ok Hand Sign
I would bet dollars to donuts they won't make that swap for you. They would say the 5GB drops off as soon as you switch plans. Then you would have to fight tooth and nail for them to maybe, only maybe, give you the 4GB addon.
Oct 29, 2013
117 posts
98 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
szzhangyp wrote: Can a brand new Koodo user get this 4GB addon?
Yes I was with koodo for less than 24 hrs when I spoke to a rep and he added the 4gb for me.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2010
1145 posts
1011 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Initially got the free 5GB, but bought phone and had to change plan from old Public migration so lost the 5. BF was 4 + 2GB

Finally had time to call today and after some polite discussions that took 10 minutes gave up the 2GB in exchange for 4GB on top of 4.

Covers my needs.
Nov 15, 2011
46 posts
9 upvotes
TORONTO
I had this addon added close to BF. I called to see if I could reduce my plan cost and they told me that the add-ons would be removed if I were to switch plans when specifically I was told the addon would not be removed when I got them. They gave me a pointless excuse of requiring me to hardware upgrade; I also have a 5gb for 5$ addon added previously which states would be removed if my plan was switched which is fine, but these add-ons state nothing on them. So just adding that info in here, probably I would say YMMV but I'm taking my business elsewhere, cancel pending.
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2006
2483 posts
1688 upvotes
Ontario
Mythx00 wrote: I had this addon added close to BF. I called to see if I could reduce my plan cost and they told me that the add-ons would be removed if I were to switch plans when specifically I was told the addon would not be removed when I got them. They gave me a pointless excuse of requiring me to hardware upgrade; I also have a 5gb for 5$ addon added previously which states would be removed if my plan was switched which is fine, but these add-ons state nothing on them. So just adding that info in here, probably I would say YMMV but I'm taking my business elsewhere, cancel pending.
So essentially you asked for a free 4GB addon (which was granted) AND to reduce your monthly cost? You expected Koodo to pay you to take 4GB of data?

Why don’t you ask them to drop you to the $25 talk and text plan and to keep the free 4GB add-on since it’s permanent?
Nov 19, 2018
29 posts
1 upvote
Called in tonight and pushed the support guy (he introduced himself as a manager) to get 4gb addon for free, but he didn't bend! Even he told me I can cancel your plan if you are not happy with your 35$ 4 gb that you have now! I tried every trick to buy him in but didn't work. Anyone could get this 4gb addon on 35$ plan? Thanks for the comments!
Mar 24, 2016
826 posts
1133 upvotes
scarborough
bestmbamab wrote: Called in tonight and pushed the support guy (he introduced himself as a manager) to get 4gb addon for free, but he didn't bend! Even he told me I can cancel your plan if you are not happy with your 35$ 4 gb that you have now! I tried every trick to buy him in but didn't work. Anyone could get this 4gb addon on 35$ plan? Thanks for the comments!
I think the magic # is $50 per month to get anything
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2006
2136 posts
1655 upvotes
I got the 5GB add on back in October to go with my 6gb, for $40 a month. I'm on a month to month, no tab.

There are a couple of devices I'm interested in from the boxing day deals for basic plans that's still ongoing on their site.

Has anyone tried to get a new device upgrade, and was able to keep/renew their current plan PLUS keep the 5 or 4GB add on? If the device upgrade drops the data add on, then screw it.
Jun 22, 2016
307 posts
203 upvotes
Not important
kiiaal wrote: So essentially you asked for a free 4GB addon (which was granted) AND to reduce your monthly cost? You expected Koodo to pay you to take 4GB of data?

Why don’t you ask them to drop you to the $25 talk and text plan and to keep the free 4GB add-on since it’s permanent?
I have an insider who tried to throw the 4GB add on onto the 25 talk and text. The system will not let data onto a straight talk and text plan. They won't be able to drop to it.
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2005
3197 posts
779 upvotes
Wow. You guys are still clinging on to this thread.

There is no more 4gb for free. Please stop encouraging others to "just call and ask and see what happens".

Move along folks, nothing more to see here. Just people telling war stories of what they got "back in October".
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
8424 posts
3610 upvotes
12 days north of Hop…
I'd be wary if that was an after bill credit price. The carriers are notorious for not disclosing that these days.