Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo 4GB add on for FREE

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 1st, 2020 2:39 pm
Aug 17, 2017
228 posts
210 upvotes
And3re wrote: I am currently on that old famous $60/10GB plan.

Has anyone dropped the price of this plan or have they just gotten more data? Am I being ripped off here?Face With Rolling EyesLoudly Crying Face

I was able to get an added 2GB last year ( making it 12GB for $60).

Is contacting through Facebook or twitter the way to go? Happy Person Raising One Hand
I’m paying $50 for 13GB
[OP]
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
26978 posts
6325 upvotes
Hamilton

Has anyone dropped the price of this plan or have they just gotten more data? Am I being ripped off here?Face With Rolling EyesLoudly Crying Face

Is contacting through Facebook or twitter the way to go? Happy Person Raising One Hand
Plenty of us got $35/10gb. So you decide if you’re being ripped off or not lol
$35/10GB Koodo
$120/3Months PM
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
13624 posts
3822 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Poulet wrote: Current plan :

$20.00 Unlimited minutes
Pay-per-use data
Unlimited messaging

Add-ons

- Data 250KB SFD $0.00
- Pay-Per-Use Intl Long Distance $0.00
- 1000min International LD Add-on (Aus, Banglad, UK, Germany, China, HK, India, Italy, Mex, Taiwan) $0.00
- Data 1GB $5.00
Total per month: $5.00

Your monthly bill

Before charges and taxes $25.00
Includes the cost of your rate plan and monthly add-ons.

Plan wouldn't be eligible for free data add-on, correct?
250kb data add-on? If you sneezed holding the phone, you would use up the data allotment! lol

I think they would require you to upgrade to a more expensive plan for any free data add-on.
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
13624 posts
3822 upvotes
VANCOUVER
yao416 wrote: Plenty of us got $35/10gb. So you decide if you’re being ripped off or not lol
To be fair though, only the people on the $35/5GB PM Migration plan got $35/10GB. I'm not sure if there were "plenty" of those.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2006
2526 posts
1060 upvotes
Orleans, ON
Rogido wrote: 250kb data add-on? If you sneezed holding the phone, you would use up the data allotment! lol

I think they would require you to upgrade to a more expensive plan for any free data add-on.
Probably standard for all plans.

Plan has 1 GB add-on - 5$
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2003
1811 posts
130 upvotes
Toronto

I was in your shoes too.. was on the $60/10GB. I checked my usage and it look like it averaged around 2-2.5GB per month. I changed it this June to $45/3GB since I didn't want to pay what I wasn't using. Just contacted them through FB messenger and they added 4GB for me. So now $45/7GB.. I'm okay with that for now. I got my spouse on the $35/5GB back when I signed up for $60/10GB.. I wanted to switch to that plan but it's no longer available.

Good luck.

Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2010
3293 posts
898 upvotes
GTA
Can anyone confirm if you can use EPP on top of promo plans / plans with these addons.
May 28, 2020
8 posts
Hi guys I'm currently with Fido for 50$/10 GB and their 5 Extra hours of data option- Is it worth it to switch to Koodo? I don't mind paying less data, if I can get a much cheaper plan.
Mar 2, 2017
147 posts
127 upvotes
DrDoomsday wrote: Is there a new $20 talk + text plan now with Koodo?
@NavieM posted a reference to a $20 plan in a different thread, but in the context of a winback offer. While there may be a code for a $20 plan in the system, I have no idea if loyalty could switch an existing customer over. Someone would have to try. But considering the clampdown on the $45 25GB winback abuse, the reps may not have a lot of flexibility on this one.

Poulet wrote: Current plan : $20.00 Unlimited minutes

-snip-

I was able to get a $0 2GB add-on applied to a $20 talk and text plan. YMMV.

Rogido wrote: 250kb data add-on? If you sneezed holding the phone, you would use up the data allotment! lol
I have that on my $20 talk and text plan too. I presume it's to provide a small buffer for data leakage. Not big enough to do anything practical with, but prevents people from getting hit with a pay per use data charge if they accidentally use a couple KB of data.
Oct 18, 2020
34 posts
28 upvotes
Poulet wrote: Current plan :

$20.00 Unlimited minutes
Pay-per-use data
Unlimited messaging

Add-ons

- Data 250KB SFD $0.00
- Pay-Per-Use Intl Long Distance $0.00
- 1000min International LD Add-on (Aus, Banglad, UK, Germany, China, HK, India, Italy, Mex, Taiwan) $0.00
- Data 1GB $5.00
Total per month: $5.00

Your monthly bill

Before charges and taxes $25.00
Includes the cost of your rate plan and monthly add-ons.

Some reps asks to have at least a $45 plan to be eligible, however it doesn’t hurt to try. Some have gotten lucky as well.
Nov 16, 2008
120 posts
4 upvotes
Brampton

I also had the same plan and asked Loyalty if they can do better on this plan. They came back with $55/10GB. I have 2 lines so I took it saving $10/month.
Sep 13, 2017
20 posts
53 upvotes
I spoke with someone via Facebook Messenger last night. I am in NS. They told me there is no available data promotion for NS and there is only a $50/5gb with 3gb bonus through loyalty. I am currently on $45/8gb plan wife is on $50/5gb plan. I'll be calling loyalty today to see what is actually available.

I qualify for the $50 EPP plans so may just go that way also may hold off to see what black Friday holds.
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2006
2347 posts
1514 upvotes
Ontario
Just to add a DP. Yesterday I got the free 4GB add-on to my $45/6GB plan. So total 10GB.
Sep 13, 2017
10 posts
1 upvote
The reality ( of which the telcos are trying to defeat) is that data is becoming a commodity ( finally in benighted Canada) so press as hard as you can , I called in and got some ingenue CSR stating that the minimum price is $45 for 5 gb ( including unlimited talk and text) I refused, ( and asked to speak to a supervisor)
is there a ploy I should be using since I have two lines with koodo and one tab is approaching being completely paid off?

Thread Information

There are currently 5 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 4 guests)

rexsomnii