[Koodo] Koodo 4GB add on for FREE

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 1st, 2020 5:33 am
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
8402 posts
3583 upvotes
12 days north of Hop…
Zyphur wrote: Can anyone confirm if you can use EPP on top of promo plans / plans with these addons.
My EPP was not affected, it's a flat discount on top of the base plan.

$40/6+5GB here, so $30/11GB altogether after discount.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
26971 posts
6318 upvotes
Hamilton
astigdealz wrote: free add on ended? i called today no go.
Escalate to supervisor
$35/10GB Koodo
$120/3Months PM
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2012
1027 posts
252 upvotes
Markham
I wish I know someone working at these places so I don’t have to call and wait for so long.
Mar 3, 2018
19 posts
15 upvotes
San Francisco, Calif…
Not unlikely, since the freedom promo ended. But you can always try again via twitter or FB messenger.
San Francisco Bay Area, USA - Hong Kong, Hong Kong - Toronto, Canada
Koodo $40 / 6GB, $60 / 16GB
Penalty Box
Apr 15, 2011
4117 posts
808 upvotes
Scarborough
im on the $40/6gb plan and i've been hammering them nonstop about this deal for the past 2 weeks and they refused to budge. Even when so many people in this thread got a decent deal. The only thing they would accept is to change my plan to the $45/4gb base plan, and add on of 4gb on top. My current plan of $40/6gb vs $45/8gb, it makes no sense to switch. I told them if they just added the 4gb onto my current plan, I would be happy to pay $45 a month instead yet they refused to budge.

One of the reasons they are refusing might be because I have a phone on a 2 year contract, with rougly 1 year remaining. You definitely have more leverage when you're not tied down.
Mar 3, 2018
19 posts
15 upvotes
San Francisco, Calif…
Not unlikely, since the freedom promo ended. But you can always try again via twitter or FB messenger.
San Francisco Bay Area, USA - Hong Kong, Hong Kong - Toronto, Canada
Koodo $40 / 6GB, $60 / 16GB
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
1947 posts
1112 upvotes
Cambridge
blaznazn22 wrote: im on the $40/6gb plan and i've been hammering them nonstop about this deal for the past 2 weeks and they refused to budge. Even when so many people in this thread got a decent deal. The only thing they would accept is to change my plan to the $45/4gb base plan, and add on of 4gb on top. My current plan of $40/6gb vs $45/8gb, it makes no sense to switch. I told them if they just added the 4gb onto my current plan, I would be happy to pay $45 a month instead yet they refused to budge.

One of the reasons they are refusing might be because I have a phone on a 2 year contract, with rougly 1 year remaining. You definitely have more leverage when you're not tied down.
This might be the case but my wife and I both grabbed the CPO s10s last month and have the full 2 years (less 1 month) on our accounts and we got the 5gb bump to $35/10gb without any issue.
Apr 3, 2007
643 posts
256 upvotes
Toronto
Just got off with Koodo,

Plans seem to be 45 for 8 gb, 35 for 4 gb.

I was going to pull the trigger on 45 for 8 but then the guy mentioned that black friday they will have more promos and if I changed to this plan I would have to pay 10 dollars (which he said he would waive one time only). I told him to put that in the notes and I would wait till black friday.

damn i hate this...can I just get a plan for 35 dollars and 10 gb! So jealous!
Aug 13, 2014
6 posts
2 upvotes
Calgary, AB
update: free 4GB add-on still works. wasnt very hard to persuade
Feb 6, 2014
177 posts
69 upvotes
nova scotia
I’m on the 40/6gb +5gb free deal right now with 2 phones. Was looking to add phones this BF/Boxing Day. People mentioned if you upgrade you lose the 5gb but if you just get a phone upgrade and keep same plan, will I lose the 5gb add on?
Dec 21, 2014
28 posts
22 upvotes
Kamloops, BC
Keigotw wrote: no 2GB showing in your plan ( on that screenshot)
Not on that plan, but it does on my other one
Images
  • F0AC6052-6409-402A-B99C-34F2987CBCDB.png
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
1947 posts
1112 upvotes
Cambridge
arhyno wrote: I’m on the 40/6gb +5gb free deal right now with 2 phones. Was looking to add phones this BF/Boxing Day. People mentioned if you upgrade you lose the 5gb but if you just get a phone upgrade and keep same plan, will I lose the 5gb add on?
As long as the plan doesn't change, the add-on shouldn't be removed. No guarantee's, but that's how it should work.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2016
1490 posts
1596 upvotes
blaznazn22 wrote: im on the $40/6gb plan and i've been hammering them nonstop about this deal for the past 2 weeks and they refused to budge. Even when so many people in this thread got a decent deal. The only thing they would accept is to change my plan to the $45/4gb base plan, and add on of 4gb on top. My current plan of $40/6gb vs $45/8gb, it makes no sense to switch. I told them if they just added the 4gb onto my current plan, I would be happy to pay $45 a month instead yet they refused to budge.

interesting did you call in and quote the freedom plan initially? I called in and basically said hey freedom is offering me 35 dollars for 11gb specifically because im a koodo customer. Would koodo be able to do anything? I called on oct 13th though so it was pretty relaxed... got +5gb on two lines and then i made the rep add it to my sister's account too. If you called two weeks ago I dunno how you didn't get the offer. All the lines had a 1 year tab left. My buddy who got a s10+ recently also got the bonus.
Jan 13, 2009
273 posts
181 upvotes
Toronto

Try callback at different times or contact them via FB/Twitter. Keep that plan and try to get the addon...
Last edited by sanman9 on Oct 30th, 2020 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 2 guests)

ElvaSoShexai