[Koodo] Koodo 4GB add on for FREE

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 23rd, 2020 11:35 pm
Jan 13, 2009
247 posts
162 upvotes
Toronto
Seoulkid wrote: Just got off with Koodo,

Plans seem to be 45 for 8 gb, 35 for 4 gb.

I was going to pull the trigger on 45 for 8 but then the guy mentioned that black friday they will have more promos and if I changed to this plan I would have to pay 10 dollars (which he said he would waive one time only). I told him to put that in the notes and I would wait till black friday.

damn i hate this...can I just get a plan for 35 dollars and 10 gb! So jealous!
$35/10gb or $40/13gb people usually had PM migration plans from a couple of yrs ago to begin with ($35/5gb + 5gb addon or $40/8gb + 5gb addon). Nobody gets these base plans anymore...
Last edited by sanman9 on Oct 30th, 2020 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 5, 2009
74 posts
38 upvotes
Finally got mine approved earlier this week, I originally did twitter chat for the 4gb, took 8 days with chat messages about 1 text every few days. Painless but tedious.
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
13566 posts
3776 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Just an update...I got a email from CCTS that they will investigate my complaint that Koodo would not stack the free 5GB with an existing 2GB. However, they said the part of my complaint where I said Koodo is actively instructing their reps to screw over customer falls outside the scope of their mandate. lol But you can be sure when I get that call from Koodo management, they're going to hear about it regarding their sleazy used car salesmen tactics!
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1460 posts
305 upvotes
GTA
Thanks OP! Just got off the phone and I was able to get the 4GB add-on. The rep told me as long as I don't change the plan or get a new phone, the add-on will remain for free. Was anyone told the same?
----------------------------------------------------
Koodo $60/10GB plan - Medium Tab
Lucky Mobile $25 plan
Speakout + $10 unlimited text
[OP]
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
26936 posts
6268 upvotes
Hamilton
Coppertone2005 wrote: Thanks OP! Just got off the phone and I was able to get the 4GB add-on. The rep told me as long as I don't change the plan or get a new phone, the add-on will remain for free. Was anyone told the same?
Everyone here was told the same
$35/10GB Koodo
$120/3Months PM
Aug 7, 2019
794 posts
271 upvotes
ddot98 wrote: I was able to get a $0 2GB add-on applied to a $20 talk and text plan. YMMV.
Did you specifically ask for this/get it as a sign-on bonus?
Mar 18, 2007
307 posts
121 upvotes
Edmonton, ab
Coppertone2005 wrote: Thanks OP! Just got off the phone and I was able to get the 4GB add-on. The rep told me as long as I don't change the plan or get a new phone, the add-on will remain for free. Was anyone told the same?
I was told I have it until I change my plan.
Aug 27, 2005
22 posts
2 upvotes
As many have alluded to, be persistent. Got shut down over a call back on a $40 6GB plan this week. Excuse was that the promo was available but min. $45 plan. Went on FB messenger and within a day received response, no questions asked she indicated my account was eligible and applied the 4GB $0 add on. Definitely still valid as of yesterday.
Mar 2, 2017
144 posts
123 upvotes
DrDoomsday wrote: Did you specifically ask for this/get it as a sign-on bonus?
I outlined it more in this post, but in short, I had an existing $20 talk and text plan with a $0 1GB time limited add-on. Talked to loyalty and had them swap the add-on for a $0 2GB permanent add-on. This adventure was strictly about changing the data.

The $20 talk and text plan goes back to a migration promotion in the spring of 2018. See this thread. I had been on an old $20 grandfathered plan (without unlimited daytime minutes), called in and a rep switched me to the $20 unlimited plan. I have no idea if they'd be willing to do something similar today.
Penalty Box
Apr 15, 2011
4110 posts
806 upvotes
Scarborough
MastaOogway wrote: interesting did you call in and quote the freedom plan initially? I called in and basically said hey freedom is offering me 35 dollars for 11gb specifically because im a koodo customer. Would koodo be able to do anything? I called on oct 13th though so it was pretty relaxed... got +5gb on two lines and then i made the rep add it to my sister's account too. If you called two weeks ago I dunno how you didn't get the offer. All the lines had a 1 year tab left. My buddy who got a s10+ recently also got the bonus.
sorry, i might have exaggerated the 2 weeks part, I've been hammering them for the past 8 days or so. I think they stopped the deal, its not a big deal. Black friday is just around the corner, and im not in any real that hungry to change my plan.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2006
2521 posts
1024 upvotes
Orleans, ON
DrDoomsday wrote: Did you specifically ask for this/get it as a sign-on bonus?
No luck for me. Wasn't able to get free GBs on this plan today.
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2008
1088 posts
488 upvotes
GTA
Just hearing about this now....
Whats the deal? I am on $45/6gb
Am I eligible for any data upgrade for free or do I need to persuade reps for this.
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
13566 posts
3776 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Didi_beee wrote: Just hearing about this now....
Whats the deal? I am on $45/6gb
Am I eligible for any data upgrade for free or do I need to persuade reps for this.
Call in and ask for an extra 4GB. You've met the $45 plan fee threshold.
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2008
1088 posts
488 upvotes
GTA
Rogido wrote: Call in and ask for an extra 4GB. You've met the $45 plan fee threshold.
And thats it? They’ll just say I am eligible and give it to me? Or this is a price match for Freedom?

Thread Information

There are currently 13 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 11 guests)

Jigglywiggly, nshads