Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Koodo

Koodo 4GB add on for FREE

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 4th, 2021 10:01 pm
Apr 27, 2009
91 posts
9 upvotes
Anyone that was able to downgrade the plan and received the 5 gb bonus, was all the balance in tab already paid off?
Aug 18, 2017
231 posts
142 upvotes
Thank you OP.

I am in $35/ 5GB plan and manage to get free 5GB Add-on.
Dropped callback request at 6.35pm and received call back at 7:50pm.

The entire call last 15m, and the Rep at first offer me $50 / 8GB but I explained that I have no intention to increase the monthly payment so she said she can do the 5GB add-on for free as it's exception promotion now. To apply the add on took 5 mins and she ask me to login self serve to confirm on the spot.
Jun 15, 2013
72 posts
56 upvotes
B.C.
Dynasty12345 wrote: Reaching 2hrs on hold. How are other ppl doing it in 5 min....
Use chat. Say you want to cancel account. Then type in the freedom mobile deal. Got a callback in 10 min.
Aug 31, 2009
819 posts
582 upvotes
Toronto
i tried to keep the existing 2gb but unfortunately there's no way to keep it
Sep 14, 2012
555 posts
282 upvotes
To confirm, $35 is the minimum amount you can pay and take on this add-on? So in the end, how many GB of data for $35? Is it 5GB?
Currently with ➡ Rogers ⬅ 😎
Jul 20, 2008
130 posts
25 upvotes
Toronto
darkimperium wrote: Oh dear God. I think I got placed into the super long cue to retentions. My first level rep was extremely nice and even tried to reach retentions himself, but even his calls were not being answered LOL. So he apologized that he had no choice but to forward me to a cue to speak to retentions myself as he is not allowed to wait with a customer for more than 10 minutes.
Thanks OP! Happy to report1.27 hours later I was able to get the 5gb added very easily. Just mentioned I got an offer from FM $35/11gb and wanted to know if Koodo has any competing offers before I consider porting. Pretty happy with my $40/13gb...now I just need this pandemic to stop so I can make better use of my data anywhere but at home =/
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2004
1028 posts
205 upvotes
Toronto
Robotman wrote: Anyone that was able to downgrade the plan and received the 5 gb bonus, was all the balance in tab already paid off?
yep no tab atm
downgraded 60/12 to 55/10 and they were able to add the 5gb+ and also carried over my 1000LD mins
"I had only one superstition. I made sure to touch all the bases when I hit a home run."
- Babe Ruth
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2010
5621 posts
1552 upvotes
Toronto
darn it, so the offer goes awy once u upgrade ur phone? shouldve done that prior to adding then
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2007
1258 posts
122 upvotes
Ontario
yao416 wrote: Maybe not possible to keep 2 data add on
Someone posted a few pages back that the rep stacked the $0 for 5GB on top of their 9GB for $13 data add on.

It’s really YMMV, but it’s possible for some CSR’s to stack two data add-ons and not some CSR’s. Since this $0 for 5GB data promotion has been running for a week and half now(?) now, a lot of CSR’s aren’t able to stack data add-ons.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7774 posts
1646 upvotes
Toronto
darkimperium wrote: Thanks OP! Happy to report1.27 hours later I was able to get the 5gb added very easily. Just mentioned I got an offer from FM $35/11gb and wanted to know if Koodo has any competing offers before I consider porting. Pretty happy with my $40/13gb...now I just need this pandemic to stop so I can make better use of my data anywhere but at home =/
I'm curious, how did you wangle a $40/8GB plan?
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2007
11213 posts
10058 upvotes
Kootenays
Sneakymist wrote: To confirm, $35 is the minimum amount you can pay and take on this add-on? So in the end, how many GB of data for $35? Is it 5GB?
It's however much data you have with your existing plan (this is for existing customers) plus 5GB free. I had 5GB for $35 and now have 10GB for $35.
Dec 3, 2008
478 posts
419 upvotes
Inno wrote: I'm curious, how did you wangle a $40/8GB plan?
It was a public mobile migration offer.
Many users got it including myself.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7774 posts
1646 upvotes
Toronto
staneric123 wrote: It was a public mobile migration offer.
Many users got it including myself.
I migrated too, but my plan was broken up into 6GB plus 2GB for $0 (later add-on). Now they want to reduce me back to 6GB before giving me the 5GB free bonus.

Any way around that?
Apr 25, 2009
186 posts
51 upvotes
GTA
Thanks OP. Callback hold lasted more than 2 hrs but when I did get through to the loyalty department, addon was applied with no hassle to both accounts. Now have 13GB for $40 and 10GB for $35 from the PM ports.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2014
4203 posts
2132 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Gotoff wrote: darn it, so the offer goes awy once u upgrade ur phone? shouldve done that prior to adding then
No if you don't change your plan
Apr 20, 2013
43 posts
12 upvotes
PEI
Thanks OP, great deal if you live in the right province. No luck for me, but I told my niece who's in Ontario.
Jan 31, 2011
81 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
Sweet, just got the 5 GB add-on, used the "cancel" keyword in the chatbot and got call back in less than 1 hr.
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2007
1258 posts
122 upvotes
Ontario
Inno wrote: I migrated too, but my plan was broken up into 6GB plus 2GB for $0 (later add-on). Now they want to reduce me back to 6GB before giving me the 5GB free bonus.

Any way around that?
It’s really YMMV with the CSR if you get to keep the 2GB add on. Some CSR’s can stack multiple add-ons, but most will not. In the Freedom Mobile thread someone mentioned they had to call 10 different times to stack the data-ons. You may have to do multiple callbacks to find a helpful CSR.
Dec 4, 2005
516 posts
702 upvotes
Mississauga
mattt33 wrote: Side note, after reading the thread I see a lot of comments from people worrying about tab eligibility. Why not just buy your devices outright and just take care of the plan and device separately?
I think it's pretty obvious. Koodo has good deals on hardware upgrades from time to time. Like Samsung 10 and 10e in September. I don't think you can get a comparable upgrade anywhere else.

koodo-pre-owned-samsung-galaxy-s10-336- ... b-2399834/ - for reference
Last edited by ipopov on Oct 18th, 2020 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.