Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo 4GB add on for FREE

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 12th, 2021 3:51 pm
Nov 10, 2013
75 posts
58 upvotes
TORONTO
Just did this. Callback took 10 mins. Followed thread instructions. Lady p much ignored that I straight up just asked for 5gb free and said "well we can offer you 5GB for free!" basically reading from a script.
Sep 25, 2009
306 posts
155 upvotes
Kiraly wrote: How about a deal for those of us who only need 1 or 2 GB. Instead of the same old $35, $45, $55 plans with ever increasing data allotments, offer us 1GB plans with LOWER PRICES. But no, in Canada that's too much to ask for, isn't it.
Just FYI, last night rogers called me to switch over for unlimited talk + 500mb for $25. Good enough for emergency messaging on the go.
Aug 31, 2009
756 posts
527 upvotes
Toronto
GermanBargainHunter wrote: Thank you very much OP!

This morning I scheduled a callback and it took quite some time even it was quite early in the day.
CSR was trying to get me onto a more expensive plan...
I had 35$ - 1 GB plus 0$ 2GB add on.
Now after telling her that I would like to be matched to the freedom offer and going through her spiel she still didn’t want to give me the add on.
So I asked for retention, waited on hold for 40 minutes.
That rep applied the add on but stole my 0$ 2 GB add on.

Any chances of calling or typing in to get that back?
Anyone luck with that?

But anyways 6gb for 35$ isn’t too shitty either.
So thanks again for making this post!!!!
szzhangyp wrote: Was able to get the $0 5GB add on but they removed my $0 2GB add on at the same time.
some were able to keep it but they removed mine as well. I even called to try to add it back but no luck. If we all call there might be a chance
Last edited by cdfegab on Oct 20th, 2020 10:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2011
3740 posts
2633 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP painless. Beating around the bush about the freedom plan got me nowhere, had to flatout say I want the extra 5gb. They aren't idiots thousands of people are calling they know whats up. Now $40 for 11GB.
FreezingCanada wrote: We voted him in as God of RFD last month. Where were you during elections...?
Aug 31, 2009
756 posts
527 upvotes
Toronto
Next123 wrote: Are we able to keep more than one add on? Rep made me choose between the 5gb ad on and the existing 2gb add on I had previously. I reluctantly accepted but now seeing some folks were able to keep both...I will schedule a call back tomorrow ...
please update if you were able to get the 2gb back. I tried calling once but no luck. I was pretty angry that some were able to keep it but they wouldn't let me.
Last edited by cdfegab on Oct 20th, 2020 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
27025 posts
6398 upvotes
Hamilton
light2 wrote: Just FYI, last night rogers called me to switch over for unlimited talk + 500mb for $25. Good enough for emergency messaging on the go.
PM is unlimited T&T 1gb for $23
$35/10GB Koodo
$120/3Months PM
Nov 24, 2004
19 posts
2 upvotes
Done. Very nice people. Thanks a lot OP.
Last edited by bwright on Oct 20th, 2020 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2011
3740 posts
2633 upvotes
Toronto
cdfegab wrote: please update if you were able to get the 2gb back. I tried calling once but no luck. I was pretty angry that some were able to keep it but they wouldn't let me.
You were angry you got another 3GB free? Yikes
FreezingCanada wrote: We voted him in as God of RFD last month. Where were you during elections...?
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2011
3740 posts
2633 upvotes
Toronto
bwright wrote: Done. Very nice people.
If only the RFD community was as nice. Reading this thread wow.
Aug 11, 2016
48 posts
10 upvotes
blackbirdman wrote: I was on medium tab, had 105$ left over, and I wasn't able to pay it off because I was on a spending limit program, lady at first said I wouldn't be able to go lower cause I had a tab, I told her I tried to pay it off for a year or so and the system wouldn't let me, she talked to her supervisor and they waived the 105$ tab, Then moved me to 35$ and 7GB.

So now I am paying $26.25+ tax for 7GB (w/ epp discount added)

Best score ever.
Did you have the EPP discount from before? I also have the EPP discount on my current plan, but in the past, when I asked to add more GB to my plan, they said that I would lose my EPP discount if I did so. Wondering if your experience is different so I can call them again and try getting this 5GB add-on offer. Thanks.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2009
3517 posts
1580 upvotes
'Shwallywood
at 10:30am eastern, I got the plan in Ontario. The deal is still live, the CSR mentioned a lot of people are calling in for it... don't think they need the run around. Just mention the freedom mobile offer.

Does anyone on the old $60 12gb loyalty plan know if they can get 11gb for $40. The mrs. is on that plan and I don't want to risk losing it.
I don't fail, I succeed at finding what doesn't work
Apr 16, 2011
858 posts
424 upvotes
When I try to schedule a call back it says they are busy and then gives me different options.
Feb 11, 2019
51 posts
23 upvotes
jronald wrote: When I try to schedule a call back it says they are busy and then gives me different options.
Type "cancel" and they'll schedule a callback.
Nov 15, 2016
350 posts
230 upvotes
What's the $35 or $40 plans with data some of you are on? I tried to get my $45 6gb plan down to a cheaper plan but the data being offered was 2-3gb.

Eventually kept my plan so $45 +11gb with a $5 credit for 6months

Also extremely pissed off that they took away the infamous 10% BYOD discount, it randomly dropped off my plan...
Last edited by Toad99 on Oct 20th, 2020 10:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Apr 16, 2011
858 posts
424 upvotes
AndrewL69899 wrote: Type "cancel" and they'll schedule a callback.
Thank you so much, that worked :) Says 15 minutes!
[OP]
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
27025 posts
6398 upvotes
Hamilton
Toad99 wrote: What's the $35 or $40 plans with data some of you are on? I tried to get my $45 6gb plan down to a cheaper plan but the data being offered was 2-3gb.

Eventually kept my plan so $45 +11gb with a $5 credit for 6months
The 35$ and 40$ plans are from public mobile migration
$35/10GB Koodo
$120/3Months PM
Oct 13, 2020
37 posts
17 upvotes
I love koodo but I have been having so many drop calls lately, I now need to switch to Bell or Rogers...Koodo called me to again give me this offer, then we spoke about why my network sucks here and its a dead zone...I'm a loyal guy and don't like leaving service providers, unless stuff like this happens. Damn
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2010
1338 posts
446 upvotes
YYC
I just got this deal! Called in, was put on hold for a few mins and then they added 5gb! Thank you OP! I love you Smiling Face With Smiling Eyes
Deal Fanatic
Jan 14, 2004
9547 posts
599 upvotes
Markham
peace99 wrote: I love koodo but I have been having so many drop calls lately, I now need to switch to Bell or Rogers...Koodo called me to again give me this offer, then we spoke about why my network sucks here and its a dead zone...I'm a loyal guy and don't like leaving service providers, unless stuff like this happens. Damn
Bell is the same network, so you won't really get any difference.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)