402 upvotes
got everything done via Twitter DMs.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
27090 posts
6530 upvotes
Hamilton
Mickim666 wrote: They wanted me to pay my tab off. 515$ first. This was via Twitter. Image
Thank you, next
$35/10GB Koodo
$120/3Months PM
Feb 6, 2020
202 posts
120 upvotes
darylscool wrote: I'm on the $45 for 25gb telus winback plan with $15 off per line so $30 for 25gb!

1gb/day would be even sweeter loool
I'm on the same plan. I don't want to rock the boat too much, but if you want to call in and ask, more power to you. Smiling Face With Open Mouth

"Hi, I see Freedom Mobile is trying to lure me with their special offer for Telus customers. Can you give me an extra 5GB for free?"

"But you're paying $30 for 25GB already!"

"Umm, okay."
Last edited by ArrowFlynn on Oct 20th, 2020 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 12, 2007
287 posts
126 upvotes
Toronto
ZipSpeed wrote: Possible. But it's also possible that the BF deals can also be complete duds. I think I rather grab this freebie right now since there's no way to know the future.
I called anyway to ask. I'm due for a new phone soon and they told me if I chose to upgrade at a future date, this 5gb add-on will drop. However if I upgraded right now they would be able to add it to the new tab. As long as you mentioned Freedom is trying to poach you, you should be eligible. I still feel a bit fishy how easy they are offering this and will hold out until BF. Nothing to really lose with original PM offer and a very useable pixel 3.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
27090 posts
6530 upvotes
Hamilton
forevergone wrote: Count my blessing lucky but after 8 tries, I finally got some success

I'm on the $25 Talk text + $14/10GB add on

Canadian support gave me the extra free 2GB data add on putting me at $39/12GB. To those other 7 agents that said they absolutely can't offer the data add on to base data plans with no data, it is a load of baloney.
Hard work pays off
$35/10GB Koodo
$120/3Months PM
Jun 20, 2009
662 posts
152 upvotes
GTA
I am on $45 6GB+1Bonus GB plan. My tab got over this month. I asked if I can get a better plan along with 5 bonus GB. They offered 5 GB bonus but no price reduction Neutral Face
May 29, 2012
41 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto
I just did 3 quebec plans all with gta area codes no problem. Level 1 support wanted me to change from $34 1gb to $45 to 2gb +5gb. She also asked if I was interested in hup which I was not.

I suggested I don't want a price increase so she forwarded me to Loyalty. Loyalty offered $34 1gb + 5gb or $35 2gb + 5gb. Also got the quebec $50 9gb down to $45 4gb + 5gb. I could have went for $50 9gb + 5gb for these ones.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
27090 posts
6530 upvotes
Hamilton
ArrowFlynn wrote: I'm on the same plan. I don't want to rock the boat too much, but if you want to call in and ask, more power to you. Smiling Face With Open Mouth

"Hi, I see Freedom Mobile is trying to lure me with their special offer for Telus customers. Can you give me an extra 5GB for free?"

"But you're paying $30 for 25GB already!"

"Umm, okay."
Lmao
$35/10GB Koodo
$120/3Months PM
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2007
1212 posts
248 upvotes
Toronto
Tigre1215 wrote: Wow, thats awesome so you have $39/17GB?
No, so it's $39/12GB now. For those of us on the previous $25 talk/text + $14/10gb add on plan, we weren't eligible for this offer because you need to have $35+ base plan with data.

After 8 tries, I got them to give me a 2GB add on instead of 5GB, and keep my $39/10GB plan so in essence what every agent has been saying about losing the $14/10gb add on and can't stack add-ons is a load of BS. Yes you can and I am proof of it. It just depends on how much effort you want to put in.

After try #4, I switched it up and stopped asking for the 5GB bonus on my plan, and instead asked to revert back to my old $40/8gb PM migration plan + add the 5GB add on, but had no success.

The best offers I got were from the Canadian Tier 2 agents. The South American ones were not helpful.

Be nice and if it doens't work, just try again. At some point, it's diminishing returns because you have logs from previous agents of what they offered you and they are less inclined to give you anything.
yao416 wrote: Hard work pays off
For those of us on the $39/10GB plan, there is hope!

I just wanted to match what I could have gotten if I stayed on the $40/8gb migration plan I had previously, and I think this is pretty close.
Last edited by forevergone on Oct 20th, 2020 1:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
5627 posts
1895 upvotes
Toronto
jojothejoker wrote: Better than a kick in the arse Smiling Face With Open Mouth
I know what i prefer.... And you're just going to have to guess...
Dec 3, 2007
596 posts
401 upvotes
Hyphy wrote: got everything done via Twitter DMs.
Going to try Twitter. Callback didn't work for me.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
5627 posts
1895 upvotes
Toronto
forevergone wrote: No, for those of us on the previous $25 talk/text + $14/10gb add on, we weren't eligible for this offer because you need to have $35+ base plan with data.

After 8 tries, I got them to give me a 2GB add on instead of 5GB, and keep my $39/10GB plan so in essence what every agent has been saying about losing the $14/10gb add on and can't stack add-ons is a load of BS. Yes you can and I am proof of it. It just depends on how much effort you want to put in.

After try #4, I switched it up and stopped asking for the 5GB bonus on my plan, and instead asked to revert back to my old $40/8gb PM migration plan + add the 5GB add on, but had no success.

The best offers I got were from the Canadian Tier 2 agents. The South American ones were not helpful.

So you have 12gb for $39? Then why bother asking for $40/8gb + 5gb? It's basically the same
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2016
18838 posts
2426 upvotes
Out west
Knew it wouldnt go smooth. Get the call back, says 1 to talk to the rep, rings for 5 minutes straight, then line hangs up
Aug 14, 2019
12 posts
2 upvotes
Can someone confirm if this can be stacked with EPP discount? ...apparently one rep I called said it’s not compatible
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2007
1212 posts
248 upvotes
Toronto
fightbriz wrote: So you have 12gb for $39? Then why bother asking for $40/8gb + 5gb? It's basically the same
Because I didn't know the 2GB add on bonus was an option. The goal was always to get the 5GB add on.
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2007
2771 posts
3487 upvotes
Calgary
darkhero168 wrote: I called anyway to ask. I'm due for a new phone soon and they told me if I chose to upgrade at a future date, this 5gb add-on will drop. However if I upgraded right now they would be able to add it to the new tab. As long as you mentioned Freedom is trying to poach you, you should be eligible. I still feel a bit fishy how easy they are offering this and will hold out until BF. Nothing to really lose with original PM offer and a very useable pixel 3.
Unless you can get it in writing from Koodo that you will be guaranteed the 5 GB freebie on BF, I wouldn't believe anything the CSR said. A few people in this thread mentioned the freebie as being a limited time offer, and with this promo making big waves on RFD, Mobile Syrup and social media, I have doubts they'll continue this add-on for much longer. You might be able to get a freebie data add-on on Black Friday, it just might not be 5 GB, but rather 1 or 2 GBs that are relatively easy to get.
Jun 12, 2015
496 posts
166 upvotes
Mississauga
RedruM7 wrote: So I used to have a modest $40 ~1gb? data plan with koodo but I upgraded along with a phone a while ago and got some more data so now I'm at a lowly $45 for 4gb (compared to the other plans in here!). I managed to get the +5gb pretty easily but was more hoping for a price reduction to at least $40 again but no go, she said they have no data plans at the price range. I was told to wait till black friday when they might have an equivalent deal.

So heres my question whats the point of having ~10gb of data? Lol, being a cheapo I've always walked the fine line of minimum data needed, I ran with 500mb for many many years, even with 4gb now I only use up to 1.5-2gb a month from normal-high usage. Do you people stream netflix and youtube daily on data? Spotify & maps is all I really need data wise.

I'm strongly considering switch to Freedom Mobile to get back down to $35 a month, whats the downsides? As most people in here are trying to stay with Koodo and paying slightly more. $35 was my sweet spot for a while and hate that I'm up to $45 now, would love to get back down there again.
Everyone has different needs. You'll be surprised how much data can be easily used when you have latest phone and use apps that have 4K.
Dec 8, 2009
49 posts
14 upvotes
I just got this deal having the $45 8gb plan in Sask. Took me two phone calls to get it. Both initial representatives on the call backs tried telling me they couldn't give me any deals, when i brought up the $0 5gb they stated it was for BC, Ontatio, Alberta etc. The first call i was on hold to try and talk to someone with more authority (supervisor/loyalty) when i got a call back on going to get my flu shot, so i had to abandon that call. The call this morning the employee gave me the same story about not being able to help etc, i then told the new one that yesterday i was on hold for loyalty and the rep had mentioned the $0 5gb and explained that i had to give up on the hold as it was taking too long. I also responded to their "not available in sask" remark by stating i knew someone who got it in sask. At this point the rep said they could transfer me to loyalty. After waiting on hold the loyalty rep was incredibly helpful, Started off by asking what was up with me, and when i mentioned i was looking for the $0 5gb add on she immediately was happy to give it to me. My time spent on the phone with loyalty was only like 2-3 min and my account plan immediately reflected the new add on 5gb for free.

Loyalty seems way more able to help than the first line of representative you get on your call back.

Thanks for the tip OP!
Dec 11, 2003
178 posts
182 upvotes
Central AB
Callback failed for me. Once I answered, their end rang for 3 minutes before automatically disconnecting (probably RFD effect).
Twitter DM to @Koodo worked like a dream though. Fast and no screwing around with talking to someone that needs to talk to a manager, etc.

Extra 5GB on my old $35 plan now gives me 10GB. Thanks OP!

(FYI, if you don't have Twitter, you can do the same thing through Facebook)
Last edited by The_PPL on Oct 20th, 2020 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 18, 2014
370 posts
82 upvotes
Toronto, ON
theppler wrote: Callback failed for me. Once I answered, their end rang for 3 minutes before automatically disconnecting (probably RFD effect).
Twitter DM to @Koodo worked like a dream though. Fast and no screwing around with talking to someone that needs to talk to a manager, etc.

Extra 5GB on my old $35 plan now gives me 10GB. Thanks OP!
My call back literally did the same thing