Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo $55 for 10GB, unlimited talk/txt retention plan (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 17th, 2019 8:21 pm
[OP]
Mar 20, 2018
84 posts
239 upvotes

[Koodo] Koodo $55 for 10GB, unlimited talk/txt retention plan (YMMV)

First post so don't hate. I didn't see a thread on this either so if there is please delete or merge or whatever.

Back story.
Was on the 60 dollar for 10 Gb unlimited MSG and minutes plan with Koodo.

Called in to loyalty (call back feature) and was informed they changed the loyalty retention plan this past Friday to 55 dollars for 10 Gb.

My account currently has my wife and myself so we both are eligible for the multi line discount to have 10% off our plans for 1 year. Furthermore we were given a 2gb bonus permanent add on as opposed to the original 1gb or 2 Gb bonus eligible only for 1 year.

Tldr. 55 bucks 10gb at a minimum. You can try to negotiate an additional 2gb add on permanent (no expiration). The 55 for 10gb plan was documented as no expiration or increase in plan after x amount of months/years and is tab eligible as I currently have a tab medium balance.

I currently have a multi line and as such was given 10 % off for 1 year and of course eligible for referral credits.

If you do not have a multi line you cannot get the additional 10% off (I've tried tons of times before adding my wife)

Best on your own...
Managed to get my brother on his own account same plan 55 for 10gb +2gb add on with no expiry.

Location Toronto.

Been a Koodo customer for a couple years. Rep offered it up. I was simply polite and asked if he could do anything without getting in trouble. Rep mentioned he was in Montreal. Spoke with tte Rep on Sunday at 1115ish am.

GL to all RFD.

Edit... Added images for those that want to just complain and not understand that it is a hit or a miss.
Last edited by Delta1585 on Jun 25th, 2019 10:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Title edit
339 replies
[OP]
Mar 20, 2018
84 posts
239 upvotes
Lol 5 min in and somebody down votes... Why?

Bad product/service

How the hell is the info I provided a bad product or service? Lmao I was not providing a service or a product. Ah well. If I can help one person then I've accomplished what I wanted by posting the thread.
Nov 24, 2016
720 posts
722 upvotes
maybe list it as ymmv in the title. But ya seems like a pretty good deal.
Last edited by MastaOogway on Jun 25th, 2019 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
6178 posts
2970 upvotes
Canada
Delta1585 wrote:
Jun 25th, 2019 11:01 pm
Lol 5 min in and somebody down votes... Why?

Bad product/service

How the hell is the info I provided a bad product or service? Lmao I was not providing a service or a product. Ah well. If I can help one person then I've accomplished what I wanted by posting the thread.
Hey
Don't worry, people will down vote anything.

I think this is a response to Virgin $56 loyalty plan.
Thanks for sharing. I wonder what other plans they are offering through loyalty
Public Mobile and Koodo customer
[OP]
Mar 20, 2018
84 posts
239 upvotes
MastaOogway wrote:
Jun 25th, 2019 11:04 pm
maybe list it in ymmv in the title. But ya seems like a pretty good deal.

Thx for the tip. Figured if people could read, it says Toronto. But I guess I can't win em all.
Jan 2, 2009
107 posts
20 upvotes
Vancouver
Don't worry man haters gonna hate keep posting
[OP]
Mar 20, 2018
84 posts
239 upvotes
All good. Not too sure but I can confirm the Rep did mention it was to compete with virgin.
RFDQ1016 wrote:
Jun 25th, 2019 11:04 pm
Hey
Don't worry, people will down vote anything.

I think this is a response to Virgin $56 loyalty plan.
Thanks for sharing. I wonder what other plans they are offering through loyalty
May 3, 2019
10 posts
5 upvotes
Doesn’t seem like a bad not currently looking for a plan but others might like this. You can have my upvote!
[OP]
Mar 20, 2018
84 posts
239 upvotes
Lol thx. Point of my post was to let people know that those who have the good old 10 Gb 60 bucks that they can actually save 5 bucks if not more (multi line discount) and possibly get even more bang for their buck.

Personally I have not seen a plan that's 55 bucks for 12gb plus 10 percent off.
Jay0523 wrote:
Jun 25th, 2019 11:08 pm
Doesn’t seem like a bad not currently looking for a plan but others might like this. You can have my upvote!
Dec 22, 2008
654 posts
60 upvotes
London
damn, gonna give this a shot soon. Save $5 AND get 2gb more?
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2008
1049 posts
525 upvotes
So this is $55 after multiline + 10% off for 1 year? Or $55 + those discounts? And, s the multiline discount 10% off for 1 year or is it different?

Because I've tried to get them to budge on the $60/10GB before by telling them I knew people with cheaper, but then after reviewing most of the posts almost every single person said they get it under $60 through multiline (which is not an option for me).
Sep 13, 2011
54 posts
54 upvotes
THORNHILL
Can anyone besides OP confirm they were able to get this deal? Is it tab medium eligible?
Feb 18, 2013
660 posts
577 upvotes
Victoria
Thanks for posting OP, will try tomorrow. Have 2 lines with Koodo, will try to get the same deal.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
1711 posts
1172 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I didn't know Koodo have retention department.
- 4 X Koodo $40/8GB plan
- Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
[OP]
Mar 20, 2018
84 posts
239 upvotes
Hey sorry. I can see where it's confusing.

To be absolutely clear... Best I managed for 1 line as of this past Sunday is 55gb for 10gb +2gb permanent so 55 bucks for 12gb total.

I didn't want to put the 10 percent additional discount part in the title but in the blurb only cuz that is only applicable to multi line discount. I have access to my wife and mine (multi line) and then on another account for my brother.

Hope that clears things up a bit :) also the retention plan just changed this past Friday according to the Rep
sports1 wrote:
Jun 25th, 2019 11:15 pm
So this is $55 after multiline + 10% off for 1 year? Or $55 + those discounts? And, s the multiline discount 10% off for 1 year or is it different?

Because I've tried to get them to budge on the $60/10GB before by telling them I knew people with cheaper, but then after reviewing most of the posts almost every single person said they get it under $60 through multiline (which is not an option for me).

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)