Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo $55 for 10GB, unlimited talk/txt retention plan (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 7th, 2019 7:40 am
Aug 27, 2018
22 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
On the $40 / 8 GB, just called into retentions and they offered me 1GB for 12 Months at no additional cost. CSR told me I could call back when all the plans settle down because they are changing so rapidly with the unlimited, etc. Better than nothing!
- Koodo $40/8GB plan + $180 Credit
Jun 25, 2019
2 posts
1 upvote
I asked a koodo rep about this plan and they said they’d look into it and call me back tomorrow at 12:00pm est Thursday June 27th she told me if I know someone that has this plan and can provide a name and phone number she will match it for me because I’ve been a koodo customer since the beginning so if anyone that was able to get this plan if there’s any chance you could message me
May 29, 2017
433 posts
177 upvotes
Canada
carbide wrote: for comparison, there are $20 unlimited voice/text plans (Public Mobile or Koodo prepaid migration) that are compatible with 3GB/$10 or 10GB/$15 add-ons. Strictly BYOD (no tab).
so its $35/10GB? am i reading this right?
Jan 5, 2016
383 posts
249 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
User667448 wrote: I asked a koodo rep about this plan and they said they’d look into it and call me back tomorrow at 12:00pm est Thursday June 27th she told me if I know someone that has this plan and can provide a name and phone number she will match it for me because I’ve been a koodo customer since the beginning so if anyone that was able to get this plan if there’s any chance you could message me
There is one. OP
Jun 1, 2007
654 posts
178 upvotes
Toronto
I wasn’t able to get this plan time myself but in the past I’ve had good experience with them asking for someone’s phone number that has the deal you’re talking about.

They really do just want the number to see how it was done or the plan code or whatever on that account and they’ll do the same and apply it to yours. Koodo usually gives you any deal that they can find in the system. So sometimes it’s just a matter of them finding it and having someone’s number helps that.
Nov 27, 2016
179 posts
120 upvotes
Is it safe to call if I have 2 lines with plans from other province? Can I still get OP's deal or multi line discount?
Mar 23, 2004
42022 posts
8077 upvotes
Markham
Delta1585 wrote: First post so don't hate. I didn't see a thread on this either so if there is please delete or merge or whatever.

Back story.
Was on the 60 dollar for 10 Gb unlimited MSG and minutes plan with Koodo.

Called in to loyalty (call back feature) and was informed they changed the loyalty retention plan this past Friday to 55 dollars for 10 Gb.

My account currently has my wife and myself so we both are eligible for the multi line discount to have 10% off our plans for 1 year. Furthermore we were given a 2gb bonus permanent add on as opposed to the original 1gb or 2 Gb bonus eligible only for 1 year.

Tldr. 55 bucks 10gb at a minimum. You can try to negotiate an additional 2gb add on permanent (no expiration). The 55 for 10gb plan was documented as no expiration or increase in plan after x amount of months/years and is tab eligible as I currently have a tab medium balance.

I currently have a multi line and as such was given 10 % off for 1 year and of course eligible for referral credits.

If you do not have a multi line you cannot get the additional 10% off (I've tried tons of times before adding my wife)

Best on your own...
Managed to get my brother on his own account same plan 55 for 10gb +2gb add on with no expiry.

Location Toronto.

Been a Koodo customer for a couple years. Rep offered it up. I was simply polite and asked if he could do anything without getting in trouble. Rep mentioned he was in Montreal. Spoke with tte Rep on Sunday at 1115ish am.

GL to all RFD.

Edit... Added images for those that want to just complain and not understand that it is a hit or a miss.
Hi OP, can you put koodo's loyalty number there? Or did you just asked to be forwarded to there?
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
11562 posts
2956 upvotes
What is Koodo's unlimited data promo?
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Aug 31, 2014
523 posts
874 upvotes
ontario
angel_wing0 wrote: Hi OP, can you put koodo's loyalty number there? Or did you just asked to be forwarded to there?
You have to go through their stupid call back system and then request to be transferred to the retentions/loyalty department.
[OP]
Mar 20, 2018
137 posts
301 upvotes
angel_wing0 wrote: Hi OP, can you put koodo's loyalty number there? Or did you just asked to be forwarded to there?
"Called in to loyalty (call back feature) and was informed they changed the loyalty retention plan this past Friday to 55 dollars for 10 Gb."

you gotta use that call back feature and then asked to be fwded to them.
[OP]
Mar 20, 2018
137 posts
301 upvotes
reposting this comment:

"I'm starting to think that because the Rep I spoke to was from montreal/Quebec (one or the other as I'm confused at this point) that he was able to see those plans even though I am in and with a Toronto number. I'm grasping at straws to make heads or tails to try to help y'all but that is the only reasoning at this point I have. So maybe the reps you are all talking to are from Toronto who see Toronto plans. Maybe I just lucked out to somebody who was willing to or could fudge it by. I don't know at this point. But like I said if it helps y'all get something... My call was on Sunday around 12pm. Maybe call/set a call back on Sunday and try your luck."

also note I am not the only one. based on the thread one Cupuacu post #84 got it and infact a better deal then me with LD minutes. the YMMV is strong here.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
5975 posts
2391 upvotes
Canuckland
ZendlesS wrote: Is it safe to call if I have 2 lines with plans from other province? Can I still get OP's deal or multi line discount?
No don’t do it lol
Nov 23, 2004
591 posts
915 upvotes
Ontario
I've had this deal for quite a few months back when they were using it to winback old customers (had posted it here too, no idea if others had any luck getting it at that time).

Definitely seems hit and miss with calling in and asking for it. Some family of mine were able to get it after some persistence paid off but I know they had to jump through a few people before getting someone who would offer it.