Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo $55 for 10GB, unlimited talk/txt retention plan (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 7th, 2019 7:40 am
Nov 22, 2017
34 posts
20 upvotes
I called in yesterday to try to get this deal. While it isn't exactly the same I was able to get the following for my existing $60/10GB BYOD plan:
  • 10% discount for 12 months bringing my monthly cost to $54/month
  • An additional 1GB of data for 2 years thrown in
Overall I am pretty happy, $54 a month for 11GB is pretty good in my books. I don't really need 10GBs of data, and was just chasing the discounted price.
Feb 21, 2005
759 posts
156 upvotes
Was on $70/10gb, called in and referenced Virgin $56/10gb. Rep proposed $60/10GB, $5 discount for 6 months, 1GB bonus permanent..

Ontario btw, with koodo for 10 years
An agressive nature does not make a weaker man a gladiator....
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2006
3383 posts
957 upvotes
Vaughan
Rep said this plan doesn't exist in Ontario.... and that the Virgin mobile plan is actually a $65 plan w/ a 12 mth credit... went on to say that he can match that if I want.
Jesus.
Jul 3, 2002
256 posts
75 upvotes
The rep said is a Quebec plan. So no go for me
Nov 23, 2004
560 posts
864 upvotes
Ontario
orangem wrote: The rep said is a Quebec plan. So no go for me
I'm in Ontario and they actively called to offer it to me months ago :)
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2011
1403 posts
122 upvotes
Toronto
Called in rep had no idea what I was talking about. Said there was no such promotion at all. Transferred me to loyalty and loyalty said the same thing. After a bit of pushing loyalty only gave me $5 off my next bill only.

I'm on $60 10gb since 2017

Prolly not long enough for them.
Apr 10, 2018
11 posts
16 upvotes
Great first post OP! I'll put on my negotiation hat and give it a shot. Thanks!
Nov 15, 2016
330 posts
215 upvotes
Called in, Koodo reps are aware that RFD is calling in regarding this plan. They wouldn't give me this plan at all, only loyalty plan in circulation is the --- $60/10gb
I was however able to get 1gb for Free which is nice.
So I am now at $55/8gb plan + 10% BYOD discount, not too bad!
Jun 26, 2019
1 posts
Just called in from Ontario. Im currently on the 10gb for 60 bucks and they added 2 more gigs so now im 60 bucks for 12 gigs
Jan 10, 2017
26 posts
28 upvotes
Delta1585 wrote: reposting this comment:

"I'm starting to think that because the Rep I spoke to was from montreal/Quebec (one or the other as I'm confused at this point) that he was able to see those plans even though I am in and with a Toronto number. I'm grasping at straws to make heads or tails to try to help y'all but that is the only reasoning at this point I have. So maybe the reps you are all talking to are from Toronto who see Toronto plans. Maybe I just lucked out to somebody who was willing to or could fudge it by. I don't know at this point. But like I said if it helps y'all get something... My call was on Sunday around 12pm. Maybe call/set a call back on Sunday and try your luck."

also note I am not the only one. based on the thread one Cupuacu post #84 got it and infact a better deal then me with LD minutes. the YMMV is strong here.
OP I think you were able to get the better deal as you were able to get the multi line discount and the 2GB bonus whereas I wasn’t able to. It does seem very YMMV.

Merseilles from Post #18 also mentioned success in getting this plan. I actually pushed for the LD minutes after seeing that he was able to get it.
Sep 1, 2014
74 posts
42 upvotes
Ajax, ON
Hey Guys

I am on a $70 15 GBs plan with Telus. I honestly don't need 15 GBs so thinking of switching to Koodo for this $55 10GBs plan.

Is Koodo service and speed as good to Telus?
Nov 9, 2015
369 posts
36 upvotes
ON
I have a 2 year contract with Rogers (recently started), 2 lines. $60 per line. Unlimited talk & text, 5GB data on each line. Received iPhone XR with $200 upfront for each phone. Is there anyway i can negotiate and get a better deal ?
Thanks in advance !
Be positive & stay blessed :)
Aug 31, 2014
523 posts
874 upvotes
ontario
RFDHero wrote: Hey Guys

I am on a $70 15 GBs plan with Telus. I honestly don't need 15 GBs so thinking of switching to Koodo for this $55 10GBs plan.

Is Koodo service and speed as good to Telus?
Koodo network is the same as Telus. Don't switch expecting this plan to be given to you though, very YMMV so far.
Aug 31, 2014
523 posts
874 upvotes
ontario
sh8wh4sg wrote: I have a 2 year contract with Rogers (recently started), 2 lines. $60 per line. Unlimited talk & text, 5GB data on each line. Received iPhone XR with $200 upfront for each phone. Is there anyway i can negotiate and get a better deal ?
Thanks in advance !
Probably not unless you buy out your phones and switch to BYOP.