Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo $55 for 10GB, unlimited talk/txt retention plan (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 7th, 2019 7:40 am
Dec 16, 2015
97 posts
109 upvotes
Richmond, BC
Got an extra GB from $40/6GB to $40/7GB (extra GB for 24 months)
From BC, called with a 604 number.

I currently have the $40/6GB migration plan from Public Mobile to Koodo, and I called in (went on the website to get a callback, noting that I was thinking of switching to another provider) and asked about possibly upping my data and noting that Virigin Mobile has a $56/10GB plan.
Throughout my call, I was very nice and understanding, and let them take their time, at no point did I demand anything.
Initially the first rep couldn't do anything, and I said that was fine and asked if there was anything else he can do, he then brought in his supervisor to get me some help. The supervisor offered the $60/10GB plan, but I said that I didn't need that much extra data, and for an extra $20, that's not worth it on my part. I then asked if there was any special offers for an extra GB or 2GB as that's all I really need, and he offered me 1 extra GB for free for 24 months. To be honest, I probably could've maybe pushed and asked for more, but I was fine with the extra 1GB.

Good luck to everyone, and remember to be kind and accommodating to the reps, they are probably barraged with unhappy people demanding for the $55/10GB plan, remember they are people too!
Nov 16, 2008
120 posts
4 upvotes
Brampton
I spoke to Loyalty and they said they could not find this plan. However the agent did say he found a Montreal only plan for $56/10GB plan.

I currently have the $60/10GB plan and was offered the multi line discount of 10% off for 12 months.
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2011
1204 posts
279 upvotes
Vancouver
Anybody manage to call in Fido and match to this?
Oct 20, 2009
41 posts
9 upvotes
I was offered extra 1gb for 24 months but no change to plan. She didn't seem interested in what Virgin was offering. Told her I'll think about it, probably try again later tonight.
Apr 26, 2009
651 posts
476 upvotes
Calgary
yalagrfd wrote: I called as a new customer and I only got 55 for 8gb, what am I doing wrong?
You need to be an existing customer for any loyal plans
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2016
1488 posts
1595 upvotes
Flinze wrote: Got an extra GB from $40/6GB to $40/7GB (extra GB for 24 months)

I currently have the $40/6GB migration plan from Public Mobile to Koodo, and I called in (went on the website to get a callback, noting that I was thinking of switching to another provider) and asked about possibly upping my data and noting that Virigin Mobile has a $56/10GB plan.
Throughout my call, I was very nice and understanding, and let them take their time, at no point did I demand anything.
Initially the first rep couldn't do anything, and I said that was fine and asked if there was anything else he can do, he then brought in his supervisor to get me some help. The supervisor offered the $60/10GB plan, but I said that I didn't need that much extra data, and for an extra $20, that's not worth it on my part. I then asked if there was any special offers for an extra GB or 2GB as that's all I really need, and he offered me 1 extra GB for free for 24 months. To be honest, I probably could've maybe pushed and asked for more, but I was fine with the extra 1GB.

Good luck to everyone, and remember to be kind and accommodating to the reps, they are probably barraged with unhappy people demanding for the $55/10GB plan, remember they are people too!
My sister had the same exact plan. In fact I had this plan as well. The 40 for 6gb plan. When koodo offered its second round of migration plans 40 dollars for 8gb I helped my sister get the 2gb permanent add on. And then I switched myself to the 35/5gb plan since I don't use data much. They texted me about adding 10gb extra for 15 bucks but I don't even use 5gb a month... Most of the time to get these offers you have to be polite and keep pushing up the ladder. Now it may not be worth the time and effort for some but usually the first level reps don't really have much power and then you can talk to their supervisor. Then there's loyalty and loyalty's supervisor. You never mention redflagdeals to them doesn't benefit you.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
19864 posts
679 upvotes
Shanghai, China
So my first attempt with loyalty didn't quite achieve the results that I want. I do have an existing line with Koodo, but I have no intentions of cancelling or upgrading from it. I wanted to get the $55 plan for a second line, but the rep said that's a new line so I don't qualify. He put me on hold and then come back with a $70/$10 plan and two options. Either I get $10 off for 12 months or an extra 2GB of data. I took the $10 off, which makes it $60/10GB for 12 months. The rep doesn't even acknowledge the existence of the $55 plan even if I want to upgrade my existing line. Once my second line becomes active (gotta wait for sim card to arrive), can I try upgrading this second line or it's still considered a new line? I'm not really impressed with it, but it's cheaper than what I'm paying with Telus now that they raised my monthly fee.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2008
1624 posts
1189 upvotes
If anyone's willing to PM their # for the $55/10GB I'd be very grateful.

After reading this thread it seems like most people are getting 1/2GB extra ontop of 10GB.,.. which isn't bad but I find it personally difficult to get through 10GB already, and if I did get through 10 another 2GB isn't going to save me... I'm much more interested in saving $60/year.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2006
2259 posts
610 upvotes
Flinze wrote: Got an extra GB from $40/6GB to $40/7GB (extra GB for 24 months)

For an extra free GB you locked yourself in a two year contract. That is all what Koodo wants really.
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
15508 posts
4098 upvotes
Markham
andreid wrote: For an extra free GB you locked yourself in a two year contract. That is all what Koodo wants really.
Not really, it is an add on. Which you can go and remove it yourself. (not sure why you would since is free)
96TB Mediasonic H82-SU3S2 / 72TB Raid 50 on Mediasonic H8R2-SU3S2
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2004
1171 posts
466 upvotes
andreid wrote: For an extra free GB you locked yourself in a two year contract. That is all what Koodo wants really.
An add on does not lock you in to anything. The “2 year” part means the add on will be “added on” for two years, at which point it expires.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2015
2125 posts
1481 upvotes
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I jst joined koodoo today. How would i get an extra 2gb lol
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
19864 posts
679 upvotes
Shanghai, China
chilli604 wrote: I jst joined koodoo today. How would i get an extra 2gb lol
You got the $55 plan as a new customer?
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2015
2125 posts
1481 upvotes
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Sgt_Strider wrote: You got the $55 plan as a new customer?
Nope. Lol

Got sick of fido. So joined koodo.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
19864 posts
679 upvotes
Shanghai, China
chilli604 wrote: Nope. Lol

Got sick of fido. So joined koodo.
I don't get it. This doesn't make any sense to me.