Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo $55 for 10GB, unlimited talk/txt retention plan (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 7th, 2019 7:40 am
Oct 25, 2018
827 posts
820 upvotes
justasomeone wrote: 2nd time calling in trying to add 1gb or 2gb for 12 months and they said there is no such thing.

:(

what am I doing wrong?? what did you guys say to get it?
They called me last week (maybe the week before) and offered me an extra 2gb for $5 so from $45/4gb to $50/6gb (I said yes)

My plan did not change besides the name so 6gb $50, unlimited calling, texting and 1,000 international minutes (Mexico, Australia, Spain...places like that)

I will be calling in to see about that 10% off multi-line discount as I have two lines with my account.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
3001 posts
3982 upvotes
BC
justasomeone wrote: 2nd time calling in trying to add 1gb or 2gb for 12 months and they said there is no such thing.

I called in at end of June referencing the Virgin plan. The rep offered either 10% off each line or 1gb bonus, said I couldn't get both. He wasn't sure if he could apply the discount on my 2nd line because it already had the "KOODOOFFER" promo for $10 off for 12 months, so he applied the discount to my main line and the 1gb bonus to the 2nd line. We scheduled a call back for July 5 for him to look into it.

July 5 rolls by and I don't get a call. I call him back Monday July 8 and get reconnected with him. He apologized for not calling saying his calendar didn't sync, and he was like "remind me, what did we agree on again"? I said 10% multi line discount to my 2nd line. He applied it right away.

I asked if he could apply the 1gb bonus to my main line? Not sure if it's true but he said their marketing department made changes to the system in July and removed the 1/2gb bonus, replacing it with some other add ons like US minutes. He said he'd try to copy the 1gb code on my 2nd line and apply it to my main line - it worked.

I never threatened to leave or got pushy, was calm throughout and thanked him. You could try again, referencing rogers/Virgin plans if you haven't already.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2011
1132 posts
788 upvotes
Whitby
Biscayne05 wrote: I think it's time to give up my QC plan and finally go legit

🤣Face With Tears Of Joy
Did you try? I'm on QC plan, 10GB for $56 with 1000 min LD add-on, thinking of going legit if I can get similar for Ontario but really worried about screwing up my current plan if I call.
Koodo Mobile | Stack | Lyft | Instagram
Nov 13, 2018
387 posts
902 upvotes

Same, I've tried a few times and got nothing even after 11 years with them
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7561 posts
5036 upvotes
Canada

Did you tell them to transfer you to loyalty/support team?
Aug 18, 2010
564 posts
188 upvotes
Toronto
RFDQ1016 wrote: Did you tell them to transfer you to loyalty/support team?
I didn't ask. But the CSR put me on hold and spoke to them himself. He came back and said "there are no promo offers like that in the system". Told me he could offer me a few gigs for $4. But I wasn't interested in that.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
3001 posts
3982 upvotes
BC
justasomeone wrote: I didn't ask. But the CSR put me on hold and spoke to them himself. He came back and said "there are no promo offers like that in the system". Told me he could offer me a few gigs for $4. But I wasn't interested in that.
That's your problem right there. However at this point your notes on file will show you've been calling in repeatedly and the rep will probably stick with the same answer. I got called out after I called in two times in a row lol. "A few gigs" for $4 is a good deal
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
26994 posts
6333 upvotes
Hamilton
mikka2017 wrote: ot: i think koodo banned me! i got my bill sent in snail mail, but when i login to my koodoo self serve its all 'blank' i don't see anything in self serve,overview,billing,profile...weird, im not gonna pay off the bill lol its only like 137$ for that refurb lg7 g7 one, not bad
Pay the bill
$35/10GB Koodo
$120/3Months PM
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
3001 posts
3982 upvotes
BC
mikka2017 wrote: ot: i think koodo banned me! i got my bill sent in snail mail, but when i login to my koodoo self serve its all 'blank' i don't see anything in self serve,overview,billing,profile...weird, im not gonna pay off the bill lol its only like 137$ for that refurb lg7 g7 one, not bad
Did you port out/cancel your line? If so, your account is closed so it won't show anything.
Feb 11, 2017
112 posts
51 upvotes
Got a loyalty offer $45 7GB + free 2GB add on + I get to keep my 1000 International minutes add on. He offered me the $55 10GB with the same add ons as well. Super nice Loyalty rep. I Guess I got lucky. Btw I’m in Ontario and I had the $48 6GB SK plan before this.
Aug 18, 2010
564 posts
188 upvotes
Toronto
BoomMojo wrote: Got a loyalty offer $45 7GB + free 2GB add on + I get to keep my 1000 International minutes add on. He offered me the $55 10GB with the same add ons as well. Super nice Loyalty rep. I Guess I got lucky. Btw I’m in Ontario and I had the $48 6GB SK plan before this.
And here I am with them telling me the 2GB addon doesn't exist. rip. Did you ask for it or she offered it to you?
Mar 27, 2006
154 posts
13 upvotes
Sudbury
justasomeone wrote: And here I am with them telling me the 2GB addon doesn't exist. rip. Did you ask for it or she offered it to you?
They told me the same thing
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2018
1279 posts
1028 upvotes
not sure if this is the correct thread for my question, but i recently signed up for koodo on canada day weekend with their $55/4GB plan from wowmobile. the bill came yesterday, but when i tried to pay today it has a negative balance. any bonus that i did not know of?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7561 posts
5036 upvotes
Canada
terracotta92 wrote: not sure if this is the correct thread for my question, but i recently signed up for koodo on canada day weekend with their $55/4GB plan from wowmobile. the bill came yesterday, but when i tried to pay today it has a negative balance. any bonus that i did not know of?
How much negative? Maybe it's the $100 credit for the Samsung Galaxy promo.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2018
1279 posts
1028 upvotes
RFDQ1016 wrote: How much negative? Maybe it's the $100 credit for the Samsung Galaxy promo.
i computed it and it's 135. maybe 100 and 35 connection fee refund? i did receive 200 GC from wowmobile but not expecting the extra 100. the monthly $10 bill credit even showed up separately.