Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo $55 for 10GB, unlimited talk/txt retention plan (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 7th, 2019 7:40 am
Nov 27, 2016
192 posts
122 upvotes
Is it safe to call if I have 2 lines with plans from other province? Can I still get OP's deal or multi line discount?
Mar 23, 2004
42574 posts
8583 upvotes
Markham
Delta1585 wrote: First post so don't hate. I didn't see a thread on this either so if there is please delete or merge or whatever.

Back story.
Was on the 60 dollar for 10 Gb unlimited MSG and minutes plan with Koodo.

Called in to loyalty (call back feature) and was informed they changed the loyalty retention plan this past Friday to 55 dollars for 10 Gb.

My account currently has my wife and myself so we both are eligible for the multi line discount to have 10% off our plans for 1 year. Furthermore we were given a 2gb bonus permanent add on as opposed to the original 1gb or 2 Gb bonus eligible only for 1 year.

Tldr. 55 bucks 10gb at a minimum. You can try to negotiate an additional 2gb add on permanent (no expiration). The 55 for 10gb plan was documented as no expiration or increase in plan after x amount of months/years and is tab eligible as I currently have a tab medium balance.

I currently have a multi line and as such was given 10 % off for 1 year and of course eligible for referral credits.

If you do not have a multi line you cannot get the additional 10% off (I've tried tons of times before adding my wife)

Best on your own...
Managed to get my brother on his own account same plan 55 for 10gb +2gb add on with no expiry.

Location Toronto.

Been a Koodo customer for a couple years. Rep offered it up. I was simply polite and asked if he could do anything without getting in trouble. Rep mentioned he was in Montreal. Spoke with tte Rep on Sunday at 1115ish am.

GL to all RFD.

Edit... Added images for those that want to just complain and not understand that it is a hit or a miss.
Hi OP, can you put koodo's loyalty number there? Or did you just asked to be forwarded to there?
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
11595 posts
2994 upvotes
What is Koodo's unlimited data promo?
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Aug 31, 2014
529 posts
876 upvotes
ontario
angel_wing0 wrote: Hi OP, can you put koodo's loyalty number there? Or did you just asked to be forwarded to there?
You have to go through their stupid call back system and then request to be transferred to the retentions/loyalty department.
[OP]
Mar 20, 2018
190 posts
344 upvotes
angel_wing0 wrote: Hi OP, can you put koodo's loyalty number there? Or did you just asked to be forwarded to there?
"Called in to loyalty (call back feature) and was informed they changed the loyalty retention plan this past Friday to 55 dollars for 10 Gb."

you gotta use that call back feature and then asked to be fwded to them.
[OP]
Mar 20, 2018
190 posts
344 upvotes
reposting this comment:

"I'm starting to think that because the Rep I spoke to was from montreal/Quebec (one or the other as I'm confused at this point) that he was able to see those plans even though I am in and with a Toronto number. I'm grasping at straws to make heads or tails to try to help y'all but that is the only reasoning at this point I have. So maybe the reps you are all talking to are from Toronto who see Toronto plans. Maybe I just lucked out to somebody who was willing to or could fudge it by. I don't know at this point. But like I said if it helps y'all get something... My call was on Sunday around 12pm. Maybe call/set a call back on Sunday and try your luck."

also note I am not the only one. based on the thread one Cupuacu post #84 got it and infact a better deal then me with LD minutes. the YMMV is strong here.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
6066 posts
2425 upvotes
Canuckland
ZendlesS wrote: Is it safe to call if I have 2 lines with plans from other province? Can I still get OP's deal or multi line discount?
No don’t do it lol
Nov 23, 2004
635 posts
980 upvotes
Ontario
I've had this deal for quite a few months back when they were using it to winback old customers (had posted it here too, no idea if others had any luck getting it at that time).

Definitely seems hit and miss with calling in and asking for it. Some family of mine were able to get it after some persistence paid off but I know they had to jump through a few people before getting someone who would offer it.
Nov 22, 2017
37 posts
21 upvotes
I called in yesterday to try to get this deal. While it isn't exactly the same I was able to get the following for my existing $60/10GB BYOD plan:
  • 10% discount for 12 months bringing my monthly cost to $54/month
  • An additional 1GB of data for 2 years thrown in
Overall I am pretty happy, $54 a month for 11GB is pretty good in my books. I don't really need 10GBs of data, and was just chasing the discounted price.
Feb 21, 2005
759 posts
156 upvotes
Was on $70/10gb, called in and referenced Virgin $56/10gb. Rep proposed $60/10GB, $5 discount for 6 months, 1GB bonus permanent..

Ontario btw, with koodo for 10 years
An agressive nature does not make a weaker man a gladiator....
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2006
3387 posts
957 upvotes
Vaughan
Rep said this plan doesn't exist in Ontario.... and that the Virgin mobile plan is actually a $65 plan w/ a 12 mth credit... went on to say that he can match that if I want.
Jesus.
Jul 3, 2002
260 posts
77 upvotes
The rep said is a Quebec plan. So no go for me
Nov 23, 2004
635 posts
980 upvotes
Ontario
orangem wrote: The rep said is a Quebec plan. So no go for me
I'm in Ontario and they actively called to offer it to me months ago :)
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2011
1409 posts
124 upvotes
Toronto
Called in rep had no idea what I was talking about. Said there was no such promotion at all. Transferred me to loyalty and loyalty said the same thing. After a bit of pushing loyalty only gave me $5 off my next bill only.

I'm on $60 10gb since 2017

Prolly not long enough for them.
Apr 10, 2018
11 posts
16 upvotes
Great first post OP! I'll put on my negotiation hat and give it a shot. Thanks!
Nov 15, 2016
349 posts
230 upvotes
Called in, Koodo reps are aware that RFD is calling in regarding this plan. They wouldn't give me this plan at all, only loyalty plan in circulation is the --- $60/10gb
I was however able to get 1gb for Free which is nice.
So I am now at $55/8gb plan + 10% BYOD discount, not too bad!
Jun 26, 2019
1 posts
Just called in from Ontario. Im currently on the 10gb for 60 bucks and they added 2 more gigs so now im 60 bucks for 12 gigs
Jan 10, 2017
26 posts
28 upvotes
Delta1585 wrote: reposting this comment:

"I'm starting to think that because the Rep I spoke to was from montreal/Quebec (one or the other as I'm confused at this point) that he was able to see those plans even though I am in and with a Toronto number. I'm grasping at straws to make heads or tails to try to help y'all but that is the only reasoning at this point I have. So maybe the reps you are all talking to are from Toronto who see Toronto plans. Maybe I just lucked out to somebody who was willing to or could fudge it by. I don't know at this point. But like I said if it helps y'all get something... My call was on Sunday around 12pm. Maybe call/set a call back on Sunday and try your luck."

also note I am not the only one. based on the thread one Cupuacu post #84 got it and infact a better deal then me with LD minutes. the YMMV is strong here.
OP I think you were able to get the better deal as you were able to get the multi line discount and the 2GB bonus whereas I wasn’t able to. It does seem very YMMV.

Merseilles from Post #18 also mentioned success in getting this plan. I actually pushed for the LD minutes after seeing that he was able to get it.