Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo $55 for 10GB, unlimited talk/txt retention plan (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 7th, 2019 7:40 am
[OP]
Mar 20, 2018
137 posts
301 upvotes
True but when has Koodo ever throttled speeds? Other companies sure but Koodo?
mech9t5 wrote: He didnt say you mislead. He said your title is misleading. There is a difference. Perhaps he should have said confusing instead of misleading.

Title is confusing "10gb unlimited" means 10gb unlimited data especially when all the big guys are offering a full speed data bucket and unlimited throttled data.

A less confusing title would be "10gb unlimited talk/TXT" which is usually how it is written.
Jun 1, 2007
644 posts
176 upvotes
Toronto
No luck on one account. They just offered to extend multi line discount. Gonna try with some family members lines too.
[OP]
Mar 20, 2018
137 posts
301 upvotes
I guess they have reps on RFD. I've read every post and MSG from everybody. Unfortunately I do not know how I got what I did but I am thankful. Clearly there is alot of push back on various offers/components of offers (1gb, 2gb, 1 year, 2 year, permanent, multiline etc) I do consider myself lucky. Perhaps it's cuz I have access to 3 accounts or whatever. The main issue is Koodo lacks consistency, but in this case it worked out on my personal favor. I've never had issues with Koodo and I'm 99 percent happy with their service and customer service in retention /loyalty. I can only assume its the time of day or the Rep or maybe they changed offer availabilities since I called on Sunday. Who knows. I'm glad some were able to get something out of nothing.

It's a massive gamble of your time. To get something or to flat out be denied. I wish you all good luck but bottom line is if you are pleading for something for no apparent reason besides fairness then chances are you won't get anything.
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2010
2827 posts
1348 upvotes
Sudbury
Was offered this plan when I ported out to FIDO....was on the $60/10GB plan prior
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
2753 posts
2350 upvotes
Richmond Hill
It is nice plan, it would be great if I can get one of those as additional line.
I currently have 4 X $40/8GB plan. Still have my mom need to move over to Koodo, but so far can't get a good plan like that yet.
Bright side of RFD: 4 X Koodo $40/8GB plan
Dark side of RFD: Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
Dec 13, 2017
244 posts
156 upvotes
Rep said it's only available in Quebec, not happy with the response but what can you do, I already have a gig added so they weren't willing to do anything.
[OP]
Mar 20, 2018
137 posts
301 upvotes
DontCareyou wrote: Rep said it's only available in Quebec, not happy with the response but what can you do, I already have a gig added so they weren't willing to do anything.
I'm starting to think that because the Rep I spoke to was from montreal/Quebec (one or the other as I'm confused at this point) that he was able to see those plans even though I am in and with a Toronto number. I'm grasping at straws to make heads or tails to try to help y'all but that is the only reasoning at this point I have. So maybe the reps you are all talking to are from Toronto who see Toronto plans. Maybe I just lucked out to somebody who was willing to or could fudge it by. I don't know at this point. But like I said if it helps y'all get something... My call was on Sunday around 12pm. Maybe call/set a call back on Sunday and try your luck.
Sep 8, 2013
526 posts
160 upvotes
North York
So I called and mentioned the virgin loyalty deal and the fact that others were successful getting 12gb for $55. I also mentioned that I had at one point the $15 addon for 10gb (I was dumb for getting rid of it).

The rep offered me $50 for 8gb plus 1 extra GB for 24 months.

It seems like an alright deal, I might take it if Canada Day doesn't bring anything better. He made a note of it on my account
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2015
2118 posts
1480 upvotes
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I gotta port out of Fido by Saturday. So in friday i plan to goto koodo.

Not sure if im gonna BYOD or sign 2 year and get the walmart GC
Aug 17, 2017
228 posts
210 upvotes
So I took my shot. Only ended up getting 1GB extra for 24 months. Better than nothing.
Had a long day and didn't really want to debate about promo offers. Either way thanks OP. Definitely a YMMV
Mar 3, 2019
171 posts
178 upvotes
Vancouver
Was only able to get 2GB extra unfortunately
Nov 21, 2018
49 posts
26 upvotes
xCameron94x wrote: So I took my shot. Only ended up getting 1GB extra for 24 months. Better than nothing.
Heard that people can call loyalty and get additional data up to 2gb if they've not been a constant bother. Was also told some months back from someone at a store that when getting a new plan and phone from a dealer they also have the ability often to offer an extra gig or two when purchasing a new phone and plan.
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
15439 posts
4066 upvotes
Markham
Delta1585 wrote: I'm starting to think that because the Rep I spoke to was from montreal/Quebec (one or the other as I'm confused at this point) that he was able to see those plans even though I am in and with a Toronto number. I'm grasping at straws to make heads or tails to try to help y'all but that is the only reasoning at this point I have. So maybe the reps you are all talking to are from Toronto who see Toronto plans. Maybe I just lucked out to somebody who was willing to or could fudge it by. I don't know at this point. But like I said if it helps y'all get something... My call was on Sunday around 12pm. Maybe call/set a call back on Sunday and try your luck.
You are thinking too much. This is really YMMV ( since is not advertised on their website.)
if one person can get a certain plan, doesn't mean another person can get the same
96TB Mediasonic H82-SU3S2 / 72TB Raid 50 on Mediasonic H8R2-SU3S2
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro