Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo $55 for 4GB promo

  • Last Updated:
  • Apr 2nd, 2020 7:33 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2019
1023 posts
632 upvotes

[Koodo] Koodo $55 for 4GB promo

$55 per month
+ applicable monthly tab charge

4 GB of Shock-Free™ data.
Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes
Unlimited messaging (text & picture)
Call Display, Voicemail, Call Waiting and Conference Calling
Additional data $10/100 MB
$40 connection fee (including SIM card) applies when purchased in store
$0 connection fee (including SIM card) when you order online!

Add US and International Easy Roam for $0 upfront
34 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
2791 posts
3305 upvotes
This has been around for like 2 years..?
And it’s a terrible deal for 4GB
Koodo, Fido, Telus, Public Mobile, Virgin customer.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 23, 2008
3469 posts
1721 upvotes
Halifax
And you still have to pay for a phone! Is this a shill post?
Member
Sep 5, 2017
386 posts
209 upvotes
I still can't believe in a time of crisis, cell service providers and internet providers have *raised* prices... Not attacking koodo but all of them. I know it was some bigger ups decision but they really should have stopped it with what's going on right now...

I happened to take a peek earlier too, their "promotion" was hilarious... BTW 5 gigs for 50 seems to be still available under prepaid in case anyone cares... Still so much though considering it all costs pennies to provide. 90% of all customers could cancel services, without even having device fees due, and they'd still be laughing all the way to the bank! Crazy...
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 8, 2007
8253 posts
8588 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
NavieM wrote: This has been around for like 2 years..?
And it’s a terrible deal for 4GB
This should qualify as price gouging under Fords new order when you consider telecommunications are about as an essential service as it gets.

Koodo’s deal have continually gotten worse since they closed the order phone then cancel loophole. They’ve really offered very little to compete with Rogers, Bell and their flanker brands. Even Koodo’s EPP is inferior to Rogers. As such I’m porting out of my old $40/6 gb Koodo plan today over to a Rogers EPP that I got for $42 / 20gb infinite.

The only deep value brand under Telus now seems to be Public Mobile. If so, not sure why keep Koodo going as a brand.
"It is in times of great fear or greed that the most opportunity exists."
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 8, 2007
8253 posts
8588 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
pawprints86 wrote: I still can't believe in a time of crisis, cell service providers and internet providers have *raised* prices... Not attacking koodo but all of them. I know it was some bigger ups decision but they really should have stopped it with what's going on right now...

I happened to take a peek earlier too, their "promotion" was hilarious... BTW 5 gigs for 50 seems to be still available under prepaid in case anyone cares... Still so much though considering it all costs pennies to provide. 90% of all customers could cancel services, without even having device fees due, and they'd still be laughing all the way to the bank! Crazy...
I’m sure after they hit send on their corporate form letter email “We care about our employees and customers well being seriously and we are here for you” then look at each other “ok it’s been 5 mins, ok to raise prices now?”
"It is in times of great fear or greed that the most opportunity exists."
Member
Jun 18, 2016
300 posts
726 upvotes
How is overage $100/gb now? My old 2016 plan is still $7/gb
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 19, 2005
3556 posts
553 upvotes
Markham
How is this a “deal”. There are much better offers from every other carrier.
Some people just don't get that online forum posts shouldn't always be taken seriously.
Sr. Member
Jun 26, 2007
859 posts
598 upvotes
MooseV2 wrote: How is overage $100/gb now? My old 2016 plan is still $7/gb
It costs them cents, that kind of pricing is borderline criminal.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 7, 2008
1410 posts
368 upvotes
I just ported out of this plan for the Zoomer March promo. So glad to leave Koodo and that plan....tired of having to request a callback just to speak to a rep. Plus the zoomer deal was so much better.
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 7, 2007
2009 posts
1464 upvotes
Fredericton
How does this promo even get approved? The day before there was a $50/5GB plan!!! Koodo has to be hurting. Post-Aug 25th, I've probably seen 3 or 4 different deals that I would've taken advantage of if pre-Aug 25th rules were still in play. But now? No thanks.

I'm only here for the plans we have, $39/10gb and $60/12gb.
Koodo - $39/10GB
Koodo - $70 Huawei P20

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)