Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Koodo

Koodo 4GB add on for FREE

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 4th, 2021 10:01 pm
Oct 17, 2017
6 posts
2 upvotes
Hamilton
I've been on Koodo for $40/6gb.

Spoke with rep on Oct 24. 5GB add-on offer is over. 4GB Add-on was offered only if I had a $45 plan. I didn't want to pay more than $40, so I declined.
Spoke with rep on Oct 25 after quoting the $40/11GB offer from Freedom (+new phone). They offered me $50/8gb.

I declined that, too. Rep suggested that I check in again for Black Friday promos.

Technically, 6GB is enough for me, but I'm actually considering the Freedom offer now. It's a 2 year plan and comes with a new phone. The plus would be the new phone (mine is getting old), but the negative would be being on a term contract again.
Jan 23, 2014
753 posts
594 upvotes
Markham
How did you guys get the LD for free as add-on ?? is there any chance to do it still? thx alot
Mar 27, 2009
38 posts
6 upvotes
New Westminster, BC
I was able to get my plan price dropped to $35 from $45 and my 2gb + 2gb converted to 2gb+4gb today. Was hoping to stack the +2gb and +4gb but no such luck. Done on all the lines on my account though so I’m saving money!
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2010
2646 posts
2437 upvotes
zjwffff wrote: How did you guys get the LD for free as add-on ?? is there any chance to do it still? thx alot
This was a promo from before. The thing with Koodo is that offers come from time to time. You just have to patient and take advantage of them when they come up.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2006
1250 posts
702 upvotes
GTA
Why is this under expired? I was able to get the add-on 30 mins ago and thanks OP, got the 4gb through twitter.
May 26, 2011
269 posts
495 upvotes
Party City
zjwffff wrote: How did you guys get the LD for free as add-on ?? is there any chance to do it still? thx alot
The way I got it is just before hanging up, the CSR will always ask if there’s anything else they can help with. That’s when I bring up “I remember some of my friends (RFD) being able to get a $0 LD add-on. Can you help me in getting this?”. That’s when the CSR will say “Since you’re a long time customer I will make this exception....” Always be polite when asking and send positive vibes across to the CSR...It can be a hit or miss, but always worth taking a shot. Be positive!
"Growing old is mandatory...Growing up is not!!!"
Oct 22, 2013
2 posts
7 upvotes
How long does it take for addons to show up on your account after speaking with a CSR? I spoke with one about an hour ago and she said she added some GB on my plan but it hasn't shown up on my account yet. I'm not sure if she did it successfully or not as she sounded relatively unfamiliar with the process.

Edit: the addons showed up now.
So in case if anyone was wondering:
I had a $40 6gb data plan (no addons) with them and was successful in getting free addons (2gb + 4gb) upping my limit to 12gb.
I did 2 phone calls with CSRs today.
The first one didn't go so well - the guy said he could only offer a 4gb addon if I changed my plan to a $45 dollar one. I declined. I almost lost hope there and then with how condescending he was about it and said he couldn't care less if I switched over to FM.
I did a 2nd phone call not too long after and prayed I didn't get the same guy. I didn't - I got a friendly lady. Gave her the whole spiel and she again said that she could only give me additional gb if I upped my plan to a $45 one BUT! she said that she would see what she could do to work around that because I was very polite with her. She said the 5gb addon deal expired but was able to offer me a 2gb + 4gb addon for 0. Now I have 12 gb for $40!

Tl;dr: $40 6gb > $40 12gb through CSR phone call today. I got to emphasize that being nice with them and getting lucky with a nice representative was the key to getting it.
Last edited by Aneirin on Oct 25th, 2020 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 4, 2013
899 posts
464 upvotes
WestGTA
Aneirin wrote: How long does it take for addons to show up on your account after speaking with a CSR? I spoke with one about an hour ago and she said she added some GB on my plan but it hasn't shown up on my account yet. I'm not sure if she did it successfully or not as she sounded relatively unfamiliar with the process.
Instant. Call them again to get it.
Mar 2, 2007
815 posts
1066 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Aneirin wrote: How long does it take for addons to show up on your account after speaking with a CSR? I spoke with one about an hour ago and she said she added some GB on my plan but it hasn't shown up on my account yet. I'm not sure if she did it successfully or not as she sounded relatively unfamiliar with the process.
Did you log out and log back into your account.
Also, restart your phone.

1st rule of RFD! ➡We don't talk about RFD!
2nd rule of RFD! ➡READ the OP (Original Post), Thread Summary and the current part of thread!
Oct 22, 2013
2 posts
7 upvotes
Thanks guys. It showed up! Edited my post with my experience.
Oct 28, 2012
419 posts
159 upvotes
Ajax, ON
Chimpanzee wrote: I was able to get my plan price dropped to $35 from $45 and my 2gb + 2gb converted to 2gb+4gb today. Was hoping to stack the +2gb and +4gb but no such luck. Done on all the lines on my account though so I’m saving money!
How did you go from $45 to $35 and still get the 4gb? Thought it was now 4gb on $45 plans only.
Aug 17, 2008
714 posts
94 upvotes
Anyone still having luck with either the 5GB or 4GB add-on? I'm a bit late to the party but what I want to try for my parents after work.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
29332 posts
10713 upvotes
Hamilton
Kinata wrote: Why is this under expired? I was able to get the add-on 30 mins ago and thanks OP, got the 4gb through twitter.
It’s sad that people won’t see this deal anymore

I’m sure it’s still available if you call in, might be hit or miss but there’s still a chance!
hated on but respected.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2010
7156 posts
7137 upvotes
I was paying $43 for 1GB +1GB and got it changed to $35 for 2GB on Friday - they wouldn't increase the GB.

I called in again today to get them to increase the GB but no luck - they said only they can only add 4GB if you're on a plan $45 or higher. Even threatening to leave didn't work.

Just curious, how does Freedom Mobile compare to Koodo? Worth switching? I've been with Koodo for~10years.
Deal Guru
Sep 19, 2006
11664 posts
6565 upvotes
Toronto
yao416 wrote: It’s sad that people won’t see this deal anymore

I’m sure it’s still available if you call in, might be hit or miss but there’s still a chance!
most people are not getting it anyway ...seems they are rejecting a lot of people
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

They really need to show who downvotes so we can find out the mofus is
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
16158 posts
5680 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Rogido wrote: I have 4 lines. 2 PM migration lines for which they gave me the $0/5GB but removed the existing $0/2GB. I filed a ccts complaint asking to have the 2GB restored. So see how that turns out. Another line was $60/12GB which I downgraded to $50/4 + 5GB. I future-dated the change to the next billing cycle thinking maybe I can negotiate something better in the meantime. Now I'm kinda glad I didn't turn it down outright. The 4th line I was offered $35/1GB + $0/5GB via Facebook, and I rejected, and kept asking for 7GB total. So I've now replied on FB saying I will accept their previous offer. See how that goes! lol
The highlighted part is now done. They replied via Facebook and honoured the previous offer of $35/1GB + 5GB. So if they really wanted to, they can still add the 5GB even if the promo has supposedly expired.
Mar 7, 2011
42 posts
24 upvotes
Ottawa
The Bot is now saying "Oops, it's seems all of our time slots are booked. Please give one of our reps a call:"
Mar 7, 2011
42 posts
24 upvotes
Ottawa
Starstarbucks wrote: The Bot is now saying "Oops, it's seems all of our time slots are booked. Please give one of our reps a call:"

Just called and got the 4gb. While asked for the $0 LD add-on, I was told that it is not available (and only available for $15) after she checked. She said I should wait for black Friday deals and call back.

Thanks for the info OP!!
Nov 25, 2017
12 posts
3 upvotes
hierophant wrote: I was paying $43 for 1GB +1GB and got it changed to $35 for 2GB on Friday - they wouldn't increase the GB.

I called in again today to get them to increase the GB but no luck - they said only they can only add 4GB if you're on a plan $45 or higher. Even threatening to leave didn't work.

Just curious, how does Freedom Mobile compare to Koodo? Worth switching? I've been with Koodo for~10years.
If switching to Freedom was worth it this thread wouldn't exist!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2010
7156 posts
7137 upvotes
Mrnovanova wrote: If switching to Freedom was worth it this thread wouldn't exist!
Haha good point. I didn't have any plans to leave but still wanted to explore the option just in case.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)