Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Koodo Black Friday

Koodo BlackFriday week price Ontario($30 for 20GB 24 months), Quebec($35 for 15 GB)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 5th, 2022 10:53 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 22, 2019
1390 posts
1700 upvotes

[Koodo] [Black Friday] Koodo BlackFriday week price Ontario($30 for 20GB 24 months), Quebec($35 for 15 GB)

Update as of November 24th, Koodo stores in every Ontario store is offering:
$30 per month for 20G for the first line, $25 per month for 20G for the second line. This price is offered for BYOD plan only, and the period of promotion is 24 months.

Koodo store in Markham will give out gift card as well.

If you plan to purchase devices, some store will require you to go for the following minimum plan:
$40 per month for 20G for first line, $35 per month for 20G for the second line.

This is already the second lowest BlackFriday cellphone plan, other than Lucky Mobile $20 for 30G, I could not find any thing better. The link for Lucky mobile $20 for 30G is here:
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/lucky-mobile-20-20-gb-12-months-pacific-mall-2580079/

If you go to the following store in Markville Mall, you can get $30 for 20G. BYOD
5000 Hwy 7 Unit 2225, Markham, ON L3R 4M9

Just called the STC Koodo store that involved in the STC Madness a month ago, the following price are for new customer only.

They are offering $35 for 15GB for Quebec customer (I guess you need to have QC billing address and take a QC number).

For Ontario, they are offering BYOD plan
$35 for 20GB
$40 for 25GB
$45 for 30GB

****Update***********
The STC Madness shop said the pricing is for 12 month only, but it may change when coming closer to BlackFriday. 1000 minutes to some great countries like India, Bungladesh, China, Phillipines, Vietnam is included in the package.

They informed me the deal will improve when come close to black friday. So, stay patient! We probably going to see another STC Madness on Nov 25th.
Last edited by ilovetoyota on Nov 27th, 2022 9:46 am, edited 10 times in total.
162 replies
Nov 21, 2007
518 posts
624 upvotes
Peterborough
Not a permanent price, I am assuming?
Deal Guru
Jul 15, 2008
10027 posts
3171 upvotes
Toronto
Is this only good for 12 months then price goes up?
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
2741 posts
889 upvotes
GTA
Hot if permanent. Please confirm.
Deal Guru
May 1, 2012
10426 posts
11109 upvotes
Toronto
It's not permanent. Fido, Virgin, Koodo, they all have the same exact plans offered. The collusion is pretty blatant.

It is on a 15 months price reduction plan, and prices go up after 15 months.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
2457 posts
2566 upvotes
Toronto
Even if it's permanent, Koodo will just sneak in a price increase somewhere down the line.
Did that to me, so I bid them farewell.
Aug 12, 2016
84 posts
141 upvotes
jasonchewy wrote: Even if it's permanent, Koodo will just sneak in a price increase somewhere down the line.
Since all the carriers basically offer the same plans, it appears that isn’t a problem unique to Koodo.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2003
8581 posts
929 upvotes
Scarborough
jasonchewy wrote: Even if it's permanent, Koodo will just sneak in a price increase somewhere down the line.
Exactly! My $40 and my wife's $35 have gone up $5. Better stick with Public Mobil or Fido for 12month plan.
Dec 19, 2018
169 posts
415 upvotes
Who cares if the deal expires in 15 months, 12 months from now on the next black Friday you're going to cancel your plan and go to somebody else anyways
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2003
8581 posts
929 upvotes
Scarborough
Snowman1985 wrote: Since all the carriers basically offer the same plans, it appears that isn’t a problem unique to Koodo.
Yes, at least I know it is only for 12 month. Kodoo increase your plan without knowing when or why, then you scramble for a better plan.
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
15173 posts
4972 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Menace wrote: Exactly! My $40 and my wife's $35 have gone up $5. Better stick with Public Mobil or Fido for 12month plan.
If you know for sure you will stay with the Koodo plan, I believe you can lock in the monthly fee by putting the cheapest phone on Tab.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
3046 posts
3826 upvotes
Langley
JayTheNewGuy wrote: My current offers.
just like before, probably only available at few koodo stores, not open to everyone though online.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2009
2517 posts
1851 upvotes
Boom and Bust Calgar…
Anikiri wrote: It's not permanent. Fido, Virgin, Koodo, they all have the same exact plans offered. The collusion is pretty blatant.

It is on a 15 months price reduction plan, and prices go up after 15 months.
How is it collusion? Virgin started it, they posted the damn price on their kiosk whiteboards for everybody to see, their website and here on RFD.

How could their competitors not notice? What do you expect them to do? Keep their same prices?
Deal Addict
May 24, 2017
1558 posts
1216 upvotes
QuinteWest
caltran wrote: How is it collusion? Virgin started it, they posted the damn price on their kiosk whiteboards for everybody to see, their website and here on RFD.

How could their competitors not notice? What do you expect them to do? Keep their same prices?
We expect them not to have high prices and when a competitor offers a lower cost, we expect them to beat it. They just do what other is doing and not offer anything better.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
8017 posts
3315 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
As I renegotiate my 2-year terms during Black Friday week, this is what I got:

$40/month: 20GB and Pixel 6a at $0 and $10/tab (myself)
$30/month: 6GB BYOD (moved family member to my account from Zoomer)
Deal Guru
May 1, 2012
10426 posts
11109 upvotes
Toronto
caltran wrote: How is it collusion? Virgin started it, they posted the damn price on their kiosk whiteboards for everybody to see, their website and here on RFD.

The same idea that when a gas station lowers their price and all the other gas stations nearby do the same. This is collusion.

You're not supposed to just do what the other guy does, you're supposed to set your own specials and prices. Imagine if you went to buy shoes, and they all cost the same no matter which brand and material.

Also, you're the only person Ive ever met who's decided he/she needs to defend one of Canadas most hated telecoms. Amazing.
Nov 25, 2015
92 posts
29 upvotes
Alberta
finally!! koodo is lagging behind their competitors...