• Jan 15th, 2021 5:18 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Sep 19, 2017
974 posts
771 upvotes
Moncton

[Koodo] Koodo "Bright Friday" deals

Koodo's got a few pre-BF phone deals ongoing. Many of their phones have dropped their tabs (TCL 10 Pro is down to $15), and there's a set of JBL Tune 125TWS on many phones (it's not listed as a "bonus" on the order page, it doesn't show up until you see the "bill") as well as a 32" TCL tv that's supposed to be included with the 10 Pro.

I grabbed a TCL 10 Pro (had an existing $75 off previous tab credit) and saw the earphones on the order, but nothing on the TV. IIRC the smart watch promo was the same way in that it didn't show up on the order.

Anyways, not BF, but slightly lower tabs on some devices, wireless headset on others, and supposedly a TV with the TCL 10 pro.

edit: The TV promo is being run off of a TLC site that you register on with your IMEI.

https://mysimplemarketplace.com/registr ... 3000000156

edit2: Not sure what to say about the JBLs... looks like they're only supposed to be applied to new accounts, but I got them with my TCL 10 Pro so YMMV.
Last edited by sswilson on Nov 20th, 2020 1:44 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Koodo 8GB UL T&T @ $45 (ported in from Public Mobile)
ASUS Zenfone 3 Zoom @ $299 / Certified Pre-Owned Huawei P20 @ $240 / Huawei P20 + Huawei Watch GT @ $240
85 replies
[OP]
Sep 19, 2017
974 posts
771 upvotes
Moncton
TCL 10Pro.JPG

Doesn't show here on the order confirmation, but it let me set it as tab+ (to get the maximum existing tab credit) as well as keep my $45/8GB PM migration plan.
ASUS Zenfone 3 Zoom @ $299 / Certified Pre-Owned Huawei P20 @ $240 / Huawei P20 + Huawei Watch GT @ $240
Dec 23, 2016
105 posts
211 upvotes
Last year Bright Friday was their Black friday
May 25, 2010
219 posts
99 upvotes
Calgary
Rodster wrote: Last year Bright Friday was their Black friday
yikes
Koodo $75/25GB and $50/9GB
Jul 24, 2018
54 posts
55 upvotes
Hi I am on the $35 dollar 3 gb plus 5 GB addon plan that was offer to match freedom. Would I be able to get a phone and still keep the 5gb addon?
I also call in to ask cs and got a very vague reply she said she is able to do it right now but might change or I might not be able to do it online myself. Dont want to loose my 5gb addon.
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2015
1536 posts
915 upvotes
NOYB
Who thought of this term?? Doesn't sound so bright to me .. lol
*Zoomer + VoIP.ms user*

Dogshit will be dogshit on rfd

What would happen to a house where you only dump some of the trash but let the rest continue to build up?
You know what I'm insinuating.
Bye
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
13788 posts
3957 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Rodster wrote: Hopefully not the case for this year cause I don't see many deals
I have a feeling people waiting for Black Friday deals will be disappointed. Just think about it. Would they offer better deals so soon after this promo? They would just create customer complaints and work for themselves processing all the returns and cancellations.
May 24, 2017
796 posts
552 upvotes
GTA
First their Singles promo on Remembrance Day and now Bright Friday. Makes me wonder who is running their marketing dept. Makes me wish I was not dealing with this company. I signed up in Sept and bought a phone, now wishing I hadn't.

Will see if there is a way out during all the Black Friday deals .
Jul 27, 2014
635 posts
437 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Rogido wrote: I have a feeling people waiting for Black Friday deals will be disappointed. Just think about it. Would they offer better deals so soon after this promo? They would just create customer complaints and work for themselves processing all the returns and cancellations.
i find their best deals are actually right around christmas
Dec 14, 2019
7 posts
1 upvote
I actually called today and the rep said that I should wait until Black Friday for a better deal so I guess we will have to wait and see.
Feb 11, 2017
313 posts
249 upvotes
Ottawa
TCL make phones now? I don't know how I missed that.
[OP]
Sep 19, 2017
974 posts
771 upvotes
Moncton
Ah1800 wrote: TCL make phones now? I don't know how I missed that.
Apparently they've been manufacturing phones for a while (alcatel, blackberry) but only recently started putting their own name on a few models. No high end flagship, but pretty decent specs for the mid-range price.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
8450 posts
3621 upvotes
12 days north of Hop…
sswilson wrote: Apparently they've been manufacturing phones for a while (alcatel, blackberry) but only recently started putting their own name on a few models. No high end flagship, but pretty decent specs for the mid-range price.
Definitely not their first with the branding, previously it was only sold in China. BlackBerry's DTEK 60 was for the most part a TCL 950 under the hood.
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2009
13841 posts
1337 upvotes
I've been patiently waiting for Koodo as I desperately need a new phone like... yesterday.

The LG Velvet looks like a good all-around mid-tier. I'd really like the Pixel 5 5G (for the larger screen), but I don't know if it's worth waiting around a week to see if that specific phone appears - meanwhile, the LG Velvet might sell out.

Oof. Decisions.
In a perfect system, corporations would fear the government and the government would fear the people. - David Wong

Check out caRpetbomBer's picks in this thread.
[OP]
Sep 19, 2017
974 posts
771 upvotes
Moncton
Syne wrote: I've been patiently waiting for Koodo as I desperately need a new phone like... yesterday.

The LG Velvet looks like a good all-around mid-tier. I'd really like the Pixel 5 5G (for the larger screen), but I don't know if it's worth waiting around a week to see if that specific phone appears - meanwhile, the LG Velvet might sell out.

Oof. Decisions.
That's kinda why I jumped on the TCL as soon as I saw the deal listed. I missed out on the CPO deal last month ($5 tab + $100 credit for new subscribers) and was one of the folks who had their weekend order cancelled. Since then I've been looking at the 10 pro thinking that it was in a pretty good spot WRT price/performance and didn't want to take a chance on having the TV offer sell out (the earbuds was the icing on the cake).
Last edited by sswilson on Nov 17th, 2020 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2015
1536 posts
915 upvotes
NOYB
Ah1800 wrote: TCL make phones now? I don't know how I missed that.
You may know that already but ..
They make headphones and soundbars as well
*Zoomer + VoIP.ms user*

Dogshit will be dogshit on rfd

What would happen to a house where you only dump some of the trash but let the rest continue to build up?
You know what I'm insinuating.
Bye
Sep 8, 2019
12 posts
9 upvotes
I just ordered the s20 FE but wasnt able to get the jbl wireless earbuds.

I guess it is for new customer only
[OP]
Sep 19, 2017
974 posts
771 upvotes
Moncton
TonyH33027 wrote: I just ordered the s20 FE but wasnt able to get the jbl wireless earbuds.

I guess it is for new customer only
Nope, I got it on a TCL 10 pro with an existing account. It's only on "select phones" though so maybe it wasn't on Samsungs, or it's possible they're OOS.

Got my shipping confirmation this morning so it worked out to a $360 tab w/ a $305 "tab bonus" (to keep me honest) for a TCL 10 pro, JBL true wireless buds, and supposedly a 32" TCL TV. I've got a call back scheduled for this evening that was booked to deal with a billing issue from a cancelled CPO offer but I got the billing worked out through twitter so I'll just hit them up for some data lovin' when they call tonight. :)