Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] [Koodo] Certified Pre-Owned Essential Phone, small tab, $10 x 24 monthly payments

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 30th, 2018 12:18 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
19489 posts
7616 upvotes
Toronto

[Koodo] [Koodo] Certified Pre-Owned Essential Phone, small tab, $10 x 24 monthly payments

I was just looking through my account to see if there were any phone deals and came across this new offering. I know I will probably get flamed by the usual suspects for even mentioning the essential phone. For the price, I think it is still a pretty solid buy. I still continue to enjoy using mine after 8 months of service. Certified pre-owned phones from Koodo come with warranty, see link below for terms. I suspect many of these are phones that were returned by customers looking for the improved grill design. They probably had the grill refitted for resale.

https://www.koodomobile.com/help/certif ... ned-phones
̶K̶o̶o̶d̶o̶ ̶$̶4̶0̶/̶6̶G̶B̶
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet, $5/4GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
783 replies
Deal Addict
May 7, 2006
1754 posts
1896 upvotes
Do you even care if the usual suspects flame you?
Who cares? It’s the internet.

Thank you for posting and sharing.

will888 wrote: I was just looking through my account to see if there were any phone deals and came across this new offering. I know I will probably get flamed by the usual suspects for even mentioning the essential phone. For the price, I think it is still a pretty solid buy. I still continue to enjoy using mine after 8 months of service. Certified pre-owned phones from Koodo come with warranty, see link below for terms. I suspect many of these are phones that were returned by customers looking for the improved grill design. They probably had the grill refitted for resale.

https://www.koodomobile.com/help/certif ... ned-phones
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2017
1815 posts
1474 upvotes
Waterloo
great phone. have been using it since last nov.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
19489 posts
7616 upvotes
Toronto
gamer602 wrote: Do you even care if the usual suspects flame you?
Who cares? It’s the internet.

Thank you for posting and sharing.
I don't. That is why I posted. Just letting those people know that I have flame suit on.
̶K̶o̶o̶d̶o̶ ̶$̶4̶0̶/̶6̶G̶B̶
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet, $5/4GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Jun 1, 2002
536 posts
81 upvotes
I don’t see the preowned Essential Phone when I look at the Koodo page. Is this region specific?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7552 posts
5030 upvotes
Canada
I get ACCESS DENIED even after logging in

lol
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
11256 posts
8004 upvotes
Oil Country
Phantom wrote: I don’t see the preowned Essential Phone when I look at the Koodo page. Is this region specific?
You probably need to have an active account with Koodo. Koodo often has special promos for active account holders only.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
8752 posts
5130 upvotes
Toronto
I’m interested, but already on a Fido plan. Can you just buy it online and then cancel and pay off the tab over the phone? If so what’s the all-in cost?
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
1738 posts
9393 upvotes
Angultra wrote: I’m interested, but already on a Fido plan. Can you just buy it online and then cancel and pay off the tab over the phone? If so what’s the all-in cost?
No because Koodo doesn't have it listed unless you log in.

Why do people not do ANY level of research themselves? Some of these threads are so frustrating.
Jun 1, 2002
536 posts
81 upvotes
I do have an active account. Tried switching my region and it showed up. So it is region specific. Doesn’t seem to be available in Alberta.
Sep 20, 2007
854 posts
309 upvotes
GVRD
Interesting message...

We had to remove these products because they're not available in this region:
Essential Phone (128 Go, lune noire)

WHAT!? lol. I wasn't going to buy it, anyways. :p
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
20299 posts
2901 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Just logged into my Dad's Koodo plan, a few other devices at $0 tab small as well.

Samsung Galaxy A5
iPhone SE
iPhone 6
LG Stylo 3
Essential Phone
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
1738 posts
9393 upvotes
Evil Baby wrote: Just logged into my Dad's Koodo plan, a few other devices at $0 tab small as well.

Samsung Galaxy A5
iPhone SE
iPhone 6
LG Stylo 3
Essential Phone
All those others are already listed on the Koodo website, public facing without logging in. This Essential phone is not, and appears to be account/region exclusive.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2011
1322 posts
1013 upvotes
Gatineau
Still have to add a plan though correct? Can't just pay 10$ a month
Maybe I can build a house with all the boxes from stuff I've bought off RFD
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2012
3276 posts
1957 upvotes
Kitchener
It's a good, no, great phone, after all the updates. I got mine used off of eBay -- the idea of getting one without scratches on the screen though is very tempting. The only issue is that I've done all sorts of modifications on the phone, using adp commands, etc. Either way, very terrific deal.
How can we fly like eagles, when we're governed by Turkeys?